banned from the ground for smoking can..... update update!!

Re: If you have been banned from the ground for smoking can.....

Mike D said:
de niro said:
law74 said:
& the easiest way to prevent smoking in the bogs is to allow it on the spirals at half time and have an enclosure at 4 or 5 of the exits where smoking is permitted, much the same as the pen at Pride Park and some other grounds I have heard about.

its madness there are no pens. it doesn't though excuse the way smokers continue to flaunt the law. as i say, ignorant.

Its a joke how can you make excuses for something that is against the law. Its like us just saying lets just allow people who al committed and ABH/ BGH crime. After all just human nature kicking the crap out of someone.

I was saying this the other day if people are allowed to rob mars bars why not just let them rape kids!!

Jeez there's going OTT and then there's just going a complete different direction with this!!

Smoking is banned from the ground yes, as is swearing and aggressive behavior now what if all people who break these rules were caught out? We'd have about 100 fans left!

SWP's back said:
I'm enjoying this mothers meeting.

Get back downstairs those fairy cakes were more like elephant cakes. Now where's me brew and fondant fancy I need to get the taste of that shit out of my mouth.

mammutly said:
SWP's back said:
mammutly said:
I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol followed smoking eventually.
That is more than naive. In fact, I suspect you don't believe that.

I'm sure people said the same about smoking 10 years ago.

I think it's very possible that by 2020, the Etihad will be an alcohol free zone. It will start with no alcohol being sold inside the stadium.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a drink before the match and its not something I would advocate. But there's a massive 'ban smoking' industry in this country that is increasingly turning its' attention to alcohol.

Not sure that would work too well for the corporate hospitality revenues.

Re: If you have been banned from the ground for smoking can.....

mammutly said:
Mike D said:
de niro said:
mo

its great in 212 cos they do this but in level one they can't, should be a shelter built as i say like in airports, its only fair.

if then they smoke in the bogs i really would ban them for life.

Me too De Niro, I knew it would come to this but how else do you get through to the Neardenthral's who think that because they are in a football ground they are above the law.

Agreed, Smoking the bogs should be stamped out. Life bans might do it. It's not as though there would be any problem filling the seats these days.

Life sentences more like.

Its not the actually smoking, its when they fill up the small bogs at some away grounds like Wigan and stay there. Holds up us mid 50 year olds in desparate need of a piss.

How does the three game ban work if you are blue member with match ticket priority, have no other tickets bought rather than a season ticket holder?

As the spirals are not covered by the government legislation, just council bye-laws and therefore ground regulations, why not come to an agreement with the council to allow smoking there during half time, and then rigorously enforce the ban throughout the rest of the ground, and those on level 1 get the chance to relocate to level two or three.

Surely the smokers can go for a little under three hours without a cigarette? Have a fag just before you go in (say, 20-30 minutes before kick off) and then leave promptly at full time (or leave early if you can face the wrath of the lynch squad on here!) and you can have another when you get out. Yes; I do realise they are addictive, but if you can go without for a similar period when you're flying off on your jollies in the summer, then you can do it at the game.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Smoking in toilets I can understand as you're inside the ground amongst others who don't smoke where as outside on spirals the only people who go out there at HT are smokers!!
No they're not. I often go out there and stand with a mate, I don't smoke, but
he does, can't say a bit of smoke bothers me, but if they're going to enforce it there as well now, I may not go out, as these showsec idiots regularly pick the wrong people (easiest target). Why the club can't do what WBA do, and have an area where folk can go and have a cig I don't know.

jimharri said:
Surely the smokers can go for a little under three hours without a cigarette? Have a fag just before you go in (say, 20-30 minutes before kick off) and then leave promptly at full time (or leave early if you can face the wrath of the lynch squad on here!) and you can have another when you get out. Yes; I do realise they are addictive, but if you can go without for a similar period when you're flying off on your jollies in the summer, then you can do it at the game.

Because then they can't go around playing the big I am saying ill smoke where I want.

I will piss my sides at the first life ban, I do now at the the ones getting even 3 games.

Well done fletch and co.

Edit. They should provide pens though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.