Banning smoking in beer gardens

What? I actually thought that was probably the craziest unforceable policy I'd ever heard.

Hard to pick which was worse that or Rwanda.
Hard to find an argument that smoking is in any way a good idea at all. The fewer people that do, the better. The policy would literally save potentially millions of lives.

I absolutely cannot stand smoking or being near a smoker. I wish the ban on smoking in pubs would have been around earlier as I worked in pubs in the early - mid 2000's and it was pretty grim looking back but, being a slave to the money, it became livable shit.

However, there is a part of me that thinks let people live as they choose and is there anything wrong with a pub being open that's clearly a smoking pub. A place where you know full well will likely be full of smokers and as an adult, you have a simple choice as to whether to go in or not. Kids are not allowed for obvious reasons and it's irrelevant if they're accompanied by an adult.

Personally, I'm happy if the ban comes into place as I hate the smell of it and want it nowhere near me. I avoid the outdoor area of pubs for this reason but why shouldn't I be able to enjoy the fresh air of a beer garden without the waft and stench of fag smoke? But, I also think a publican should have the right to choose what path they want to go down with regard whether it's a smoking or non smoking pub.

I was out in MCR at the weekend and got chatting to a couple of women. Both of which we're good looking and about 10 years younger than I am. They both pulled out pouches of tobacco and proceeded to do a roll up. It's madness in this day and age just how popular smoking still is.

Luckily they fucked off outside of the gates of the already outdoor place we were. Smelly bitches ;)
If only they had known how close they were to grabbing bluemoons very own Cary Grant.

Hard to find an argument that smoking is in any way a good idea at all. The fewer people that do, the better. The policy would literally save potentially millions of lives.

Smoking certainly isn't healthy is it? Not at all and nobody could argue that.

However nobody is complaining about the smoking in most public areas being banned because most if not all people believe that to be a good thing.

What it's gotten to is some peoples moral crusade feels the need to tell people what to do even if a designated area is designed just for that.

Have they stopped people smoking in their own cars yet?

40 year old bloke to 41 year old bloke, hey mister when you go into the shops can you buy us some fags?

You old enough?

I'm 41 but lost my ID.

You don't look a day over 38 to me.

Nivea cream everyday without fail.

Go on then ya little rascal.

Cheers mister I'm made up good and proppa I am.

However nobody is complaining about the smoking in most public areas being banned because most if not all people believe that to be a good thing.

What it's gotten to is some peoples moral crusade feels the need to tell people what to do even if a designated area is designed just for that.

Hold on, hold the fuck on. Smoking is bad for you. Why? Why didn't someone say.

Beer gardens are not designated smoking areas. Let's just not lose sight of that.

What? I actually thought that was probably the craziest unforceable policy I'd ever heard.

Hard to pick which was worse that or Rwanda.

Are you talking about the potential beer garden smoking ban or Sunak's previous policy proposal?

Beer gardens are not designated smoking areas. Let's just not lose sight of that.

I am arguing for designated pubs where smoking is allowed outside. I am positing that you could open a beer garden with smoking in the arctic and some happy cougher would turn up preachin' an' a wailin' :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.