Banning smoking in beer gardens

Selective banning based on prejudice is not something everyone is happy with, not helped by fantasy or exaggerated scenarios.

I said ages ago on here, it's impossible not to become a hypocrite on the subject of banning things.

It is not selective banning. It is extending existing bans to outdoor premises. It is not banning smokers, it is banning smoking. And it is not based on prejudice ffs, that's embarrassing.

It is not selective banning. It is extending existing bans to outdoor premises. It is not banning smokers, it is banning smoking. And it is not based on prejudice ffs, that's embarrassing.

Of course it's selective banning.

I cant see ALL landlords enforcing it anyway especially the ones that don't serve food also the police don't have the manpower to enforce it .

The ban indoors was a separate entirely needed ban, this is a secondary pointless ban it is by very definition selective.

Would you be in favour of all smoking pubs?

Look, I am not going to insult your intelligence by playing along here. You are obviously being a wido, but you are not stupid, you know fine well you are wrong and just bored or something.

No I wouldn't (be in favour of all smoking pubs). Not because it would bother me in any way, I'd never go into one, but because I think it would be a step backwards for society and health. I am all for governments of any and every country tackling smoking.

There was however a smoking bar in Glasgow for a good few years after the bans. They took a long long time to get the licence secured, and they billed it as a cigar (bought on the premises) bar, rather than a cigarette bar. They swore it was just an attempt to flout the law, but an alternative offering thay would give the choice to adults. People decided they'd be clever cunts and went there to smoke regular cigs, which they thought would be disguised by the other smoke, and they ended up losing the licence and getting fines. Just a side story.

Last edited:
Look, I am not going to insult your intelligence by playing along here. You are obviously being a wido, but younare not stupid, you know fine well you are wrong and just bored or something.

No I wouldn't (be in favour of all smoking pubs). Not because it would bother me in any way, I'd never go into one, but because I think it would be a step backwards for society and health. I am all for governments of any and every country tackling smoking.

There was however a smoking bar in Glasgow for a good few years after the bans. They took a long long time to get the licence secured, and they billed it as a cigar (bought on the premises) bar, rather than a cigarette bar. They swore it was just an attempt to flout the law, but an alternative offering thay would give the choice to adults. People decided they'd be clever cunts and went there to smoke regular cigs, which they thought would be disguised by the other smoke, and they ended up losing the licence and getting fines. Just a side story.

All you needed to say is that you are adamantly anti-smoking because you think you're completely right and it's not open for discussion.

Then we needn't have had this pointless discussion I could have just tagged you as a busy **** and moved along :)

All you needed to say is that you are adamantly anti-smoking because you think you're completely right and it's not open for discussion.

Then we needn't have had this pointless discussion I could have just tagged you as a busy **** and moved along :)

Agree. Busy **** meets bored twat. A recipe for disaster. Adios.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.