Banning smoking in beer gardens

It is not selective banning. It is extending existing bans to outdoor premises. It is not banning smokers, it is banning smoking. And it is not based on prejudice ffs, that's embarrassing.
So selective then you daft sod, banning some things that are bad for you and society and not others. Also selecting certain places to extend a ban but not all places.

Literally the very definition of selective dumb ass.

Prejudice? Read your posts they are laced with it.

Must be a wum, no-one can be this thick.

I'm ok with it. It will be good for you. More importantly though, it will be good for everyone around you that you don't care about.
When I smoke in a beer garden it's good for me because I enjoy smoking. The non smokers who don't want to stand near me I have no problem with because when I stopped smoking I realised how obnoxious the smell was. However, I didn't preach to any smokers how bad smoking is like some ex smokers do.

I'd like to stop sometime but I can't right now because smoking soothes my nerves. Having been an alcoholic I know how hard it is to get off drink addiction and although I still like a drink I only drink moderately and only get merry drunk very rarely nowadays. Smoking and drinking go hand in hand and I like a cigarette with a beer, and I'd like the freedom of choice to be able to have a cigarette with a beer in future...

So selective then you daft sod, banning some things that are bad for you and society and not others. Also selecting certain places to extend a ban but not all places.

Literally the very definition of selective dumb ass.

Prejudice? Read your posts they are laced with it.

Must be a wum, no-one can be this thick.

It is incremental banning, rather than selective. Guess you have a point, banning it altogether and everywhere, would be more honest and effective. Happy to take what we get.

It is based on decades of documented medical and scientific research though, not on prejudice, but you knew that fine well.

When I smoke in a beer garden it's good for me because I enjoy smoking. The non smokers who don't want to stand near me I have no problem with because when I stopped smoking I realised how obnoxious the smell was. However, I didn't preach to any smokers how bad smoking is like some ex smokers do.

I'd like to stop sometime but I can't right now because smoking soothes my nerves. Having been an alcoholic I know how hard it is to get off drink addiction and although I still like a drink I only drink moderately and only get merry drunk very rarely nowadays. Smoking and drinking go hand in hand and I like a cigarette with a beer, and I'd like the freedom of choice to be able to have a cigarette with a beer in future...

Do you only smoke standing up? Not being facetious btw. It is fine saying people just wont stand next to you while you smoke, but when you are sat back to back with a non smoker it becomes a whole other thing.

I get what you are saying. There will be people that similarly like the freedom of choice of drinking/eating outside and not being smoked on. The government will weigh up their percentages, they won't want to make any decision that might be unpopular.

I have said all along if there is a way to do both, no issue at all. But places will need a push, and even if the discussion itself encourages some to do it on their own accord, great.

Do you smoke in your own house/flat out of interest? Obviously perfectly entitled to, just wondering. Almost none of my smoker friends do, they all step outside their own homes for a smoke. They won't mind the beer garden ban one bit.

It is incremental banning, rather than selective. Guess you have a point, banning it altogether and everywhere, would be more honest and effective. Happy to take what we get.

It is based on decades of documented medical and scientific research though, not on prejudice, but you knew that fine well.
So you didn't know what the word selective meant, first point proven now we can move on.

Unless you are a 5% body fat non drinking vegan who doesn't participate in sports and doesn't drive cars plus a host of other things you have a hard on for smoking because you don't partake in it.

The things you partake in that damage society is okay because you do them, therefore you are prejudiced on this occasion against smoking and smokers.(and let's face it vapers as well)

So.now we have educated you on selective and prejudiced behaviour that only leaves your hypocrisy. Please tell me you at least understand this word?

Or is it all just ego driven denial? Please god no I can't be arsed explaining ego and denial to you.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up glue sniffing.

So you didn't know what the word selective meant, first point proven now we can move on.

Unless you are a 5% body fat non drinking vegan who doesn't participate in sports and doesn't drive cars plus a host of other things you have a hard on for smoking because you don't partake in it.

The things you partake in that damage society is okay because you do them, therefore you are prejudiced on this occasion against smoking and smokers.(and let's face it vapers as well)

So.now we have educated you on selective and prejudiced behaviour that only leaves your hypocrisy. Please tell me you at least understand this word?

Or is it all just ego driven denial? Please god no I can't be arsed explaining ego and denial to you.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up glue sniffing.

Don't know if you smoke or vape, but you are full of hot air either way. And fuck all else. Well done on giving up glue sniffing. Explains your itch for meaningless narratives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.