Banning smoking in beer gardens

It’s still quite popular in Spain to smoke though I’ve noticed the younger generation don’t seem to be as bad. I think it’ll die out naturally over time. Take a few years though.
Same with several of other European countries and some still allow smoking in bars. I don't take advantage of it though as I'm happy enough smoking outside having been used to it for over 17 years of non smoking in UK bars.

You are right it means nothing. Data on pubs that closed after the smoking ban speaks volumes. They didn't thrive as you stated.

That data showed that they closed predominantly because of tax hikes.

The majority thrived. Not because of, but despite the ban. Some didn't. For a combination of reasons. That will be the case over any period of time anyway.

Pubs and pub cultures will simply evolve. Just like any aspect of society does to positive change where mindests are stuck.

If it's against their licence conditions why would the majority of landlords allow it?

Why would there ,its not exactly business winner by banning smoking outside I go to 2 pubs over the weekend if they ban smoking there will be hardly anyone in them , we will just have to wait and see. I think if the pub sells food they will enforce it and the ones that don't wont give a flying fuck and the police wont be enforcing it , I spoke to my copper mate last night and he said the same .

That data showed that they closed predominantly because of tax hikes.

The majority thrived. Not because of, but despite the ban. Some didn't. For a combination of reasons. That will be the case over any period of time anyway.

Pubs and pub cultures will simply evolve. Just like any aspect of society does to positive change where mindests are stuck.
Stop making stuff up to suit your argument.

The pub game was already struggling by the time the smoke ban came in. High rents and huge increases on product are what caused the eventual demise, the smoke ban just speeded it up.
Speeded up closures, ie the opposite of making them thrive, which the Coatigan stated the other day.

Here is an interesting article about it. They have been doing it for over 20 years! If their punters can catch up, ours can too.

Yeah, designated smoking areas. They obviously work.

FWIW, I don't think bans have played as big a part in the reduced number of smokers in the UK so far. I'd put that down to price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.