Banning smoking in beer gardens

Ah right. So the smoking ban was definitely the reason some pubs thrived, but definitely not why some closed.

I have been clear with this many times, I never said that was the reason they thrived. I said they thrived despite of it, not because of it. Read it back! See the bit about the vegan saussage ffs. Churchtown twisted that and stayed hung up on it even after I pointed that out. Against all the doommongering and warnings, pubs continued to thrive, after the smoking ban.

Ah right. So the smoking ban was definitely the reason some pubs thrived, but definitely not why some closed.

And yes, that is entirely possible.

Not what I was arguing, mind you.

My favourite part of this thread is the people who have never smoked in their lives telling us with 100% certainty vapes will end up being worse than cigarettes. Especially loved the anecdote about someone's mate who was a long term smoker then developed COPD after a few months on the vapes. Of course the 40 years of smoking had nothing to do with it.

Nicotine is addictive as fuck, I smoked from 14 until 28 and only stopped with the help of vapes.

Maybe they will cause super bollock cancer down the line, but I've stopped coughing up black shit every morning, don't have a blocked nose and sore throat all the time, my athletic performance has improved markedly and my clothes and breath smell miles better.

Don't drink so don't really go in pubs anymore but I think people have a right to a beer and a fucking cig if that's what they want to do.

Double the tax on fat bastards and people who spend all day sat at a computer doing jack shit aswell, they put just as much of a strain on the NHS.
You're lucky though this fruit smell allergy that has soared like a pandemic amongst non smokers and non vapers obviously doesn't affect you.

#helpitsmellsjustlikejelly

I'm bored with this argument and there's nothing more to nitpick.

Out of interest, if the legislation came only in its proposed entirety, would you still be against it?

Same question for everyone against this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.