Banning smoking in beer gardens

Percentages aren't the point though, how many smokers/vapers go to the pub compared to non smokers and vapers.

Say there were 2 pub gardens, that still wouldn't be enough for the anti smoking Mary Whitehouses.
It seems a bit ridiculous to ban it outside. Don't get me wrong, I'm occasionally on a motorbike breathing in fumes, and I'll still notice when someone's smoking a fag and blowing the smoke in my direction. But let's not pretend that there are any health risks from that. And as for vapes, there's fuck all risk to the other punters in the first place, never mind outdoors. I was in favour of the original smoking ban, because I worked in bars and I know what it's like to have to come home stinking of smoke and have no choice because you need the money. As well as the fact that the vast majority of non-smokers end up coming home stinking of smoke to suit a minority. But there's no rational reason for banning it outdoors, unless you're going to ban it completely (because "it's for your own good" is the only argument at this point).

As for the smoking ban ruining pubs, I don't buy that for a second. Rip off alcohol prices and extortionate rents destroyed pubs, just like they've destroyed so many other businesses (well, the rent bit, at least).

It seems a bit ridiculous to ban it outside. Don't get me wrong, I'm occasionally on a motorbike breathing in fumes, and I'll still notice when someone's smoking a fag and blowing the smoke in my direction. But let's not pretend that there are any health risks from that. And as for vapes, there's fuck all risk to the other punters in the first place, never mind outdoors. I was in favour of the original smoking ban, because I worked in bars and I know what it's like to have to come home stinking of smoke and have no choice because you need the money. As well as the fact that the vast majority of non-smokers end up coming home stinking of smoke to suit a minority. But there's no rational reason for banning it outdoors, unless you're going to ban it completely (because "it's for your own good" is the only argument at this point).

In a decades time there will be a vaping timebomb and I don't mean health I mean people who want to vape getting told by people who don't that they shouldn't be allowed.

Pubs for smokers, a USP that might just take off.

As for the smoking ban ruining pubs, I don't buy that for a second. Rip off alcohol prices and extortionate rents destroyed pubs, just like they've destroyed so many other businesses (well, the rent bit, at least).
Exactly. The fat cats squeeze the pips in every walk of life.

In a decades time there will be a vaping timebomb and I don't mean health I mean people who want to vape getting told by people who don't that they shouldn't be allowed.

Pubs for smokers, a USP that might just take off.
Who's going to work there though? Let's be honest, even smokers don't like smoking, or they wouldn't be trying to quit all the time.

Who's going to work there though? Let's be honest, even smokers don't like smoking, or they wouldn't be trying to quit all the time.

Plenty of staff smoke, well enough to man a bar. I am really referring to a beer garden really not so much inside.

Non smokers wont be barred but children in the beer garden would be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.