Barca v City Post Match Thread

Better side until the red card.

tactics spot on and players failed to take the chances again which is a worry and the individual mistakes for their goals are so criminal its almost laughable.

Pep will have learnt so much again about certain players and he is a few months into a 3 year job and this is not his finished side by any means.

Im certainly looking up and not going to get to down about a game against Barca.

Correct. I am logging off now and ending on this positive.

Bravo had been found out to be a complete liability and a clown. We were always going to struggle but to gift goals to Barca as well. We were lucky it wasn't double figures.
Same troubles again, can't put the ball away and seem insistent on trying to walk the ball into the goal.
We were punished by clinical finishing too. Something we need to learn quickly.

5 games and I'm still waiting for us to field our strongest 11 against Barca for 90mins. How many reds is that now, 3 or 4?

Our players give up before the ball is away from them - Barca players are still trying to get their foot on it even when they're falling down. That made all the difference when it was 11 v 11 (other than the calamitous mistakes that led to the 3 goals before we'd clearly given up when they got the 4th).

Ferna our most reliable does that - typical city
bravo great first half, does that - typical city
batter barca and lose 4 nil - typical city

Kdb - really poor by his standards...he isn't a centre forward but I completely understand why Pep did what he did to try and dominate the midfield which worked for great parts of the game

KDB's decision making was awful tonight

Having spent half a billion quid on players, you'd think we could fork out fifty more each for some boots with studs in

Until we go to places like Barca and Bayern or even Anfield and turn in a respectable performance, we cannot be considered a top-tier team.

I'm hopeful it will come but, until it does, there are going to be some painful evenings ahead of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.