Barry being lined up for MLS role?

Absolute bollox..

First and foremost you can´t agree a deal with a MLS club because all player contracts, even loans are with the league itself.
Second, if Barry is tagged by another MLS club they will have first rights on him..Meaning that we might have to buy the rights to our own player

S04 said:
Absolute bollox..

First and foremost you can´t agree a deal with a MLS club because all player contracts, even loans are with the league itself.
Second, if Barry is tagged by another MLS club they will have first rights on him..Meaning that we might have to buy the rights to our own player

I can't argue how the system over there works because I have no idea, but it was never a case of Beckham being planted into LA. He and his merry missus knew precisely where they were going. And they weren't there on peanuts either.

I'm no cynic said:
S04 said:
Absolute bollox..

I can't argue how the system over there works because I have no idea, but it was never a case of Beckham being planted into LA. He and his merry missus knew precisely where they were going. And they weren't there on peanuts either.

No doubt LA "drafted" him first, perhaps long before he moved there and renewed that "draft" until they got him..No idea for other clubs to try to mark him, there´s also a limited number of players you can sort of reserve so no idea on marking a player you can´t get.

Right, there are several considerations that make this move possible.

There is the DP allocation rotation, but economy of scale still factors in. It is true that the Beckham move was sort of arranged, but at the time, I don't think any MLS club would have been in any sort of position to assume that amount of salary and undercut LA.

As S04 also just pointed out, with the limit, most clubs have their DP spots filled.

Additionally, expansion teams start with first dibs in the rotation. So essentially, NYCFC would be able to use that spot however they wish.

tpot said:
2 or 3 year contract with at least the final year spent at New York City

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cheshire-today.co.uk/16250/manchester-citys-barry-lined-up-for-new-york-city-mls-role/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cheshire-today.co.uk/16250/m ... -mls-role/</a>?

What a brilliant move for Gareth Barry that would be in a couple of years time ... providing he fancies it of course !

get rid. no new deal for this donkey.

Great servant blah blah blah but he's no longer for us

Peoria Blue said:
Right, there are several considerations that make this move possible.

There is the DP allocation rotation, but economy of scale still factors in. It is true that the Beckham move was sort of arranged, but at the time, I don't think any MLS club would have been in any sort of position to assume that amount of salary and undercut LA.

As S04 also just pointed out, with the limit, most clubs have their DP spots filled.Additionally, expansion teams start with first dibs in the rotation. So essentially, NYCFC would be able to use that spot however they wish.

I sez pardon?

I think it is a great idea, but I do think Barry has at least 2-3 years left in him yet in the PL. He is the quintessential professional.
I've always thought of him as taking a "Vieria" style role within the club once he retired from playing, especially coaching the youngsters/EDS.

As a captain of a newly formed MLS side though, he'd certainly fit that mould and would be a great ambassador for MCFC at NYCFC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.