Basic People Management Skills

footballers ,with the odd exception are dim,and as such are easy meat for journos with an agenda.
BM has a wealth of talent at spotting slights on the club,followed by the inevitable 'never believe what you read in the papers' and yet what the papers have reported is the basis of this thread.At least we dont have 'hidden agendas',they are right out there as plain as you want.As murdoch and the tories have long ago sussed,the public only believe what suits the public. "Shay will you be here in 5 years? The manager hasnt spoken to me ........... about it" is then edited to "the manager hasnt spoken to me" which is then lumped in with 3 other 'quotes' to provide concrete evidence that the manager is a clueless dictator who punishes players by not talking to them. Flimsy at best ,but if you want to swallow it, you will. A team/workforce that is not behind the manager will do as little as possible to get by (CFC under scolari) but i dont see any evidence of that with City,i see a team playing to a system that most of them have grasped but not yet perfected,they are not playing with fear of making a mistake,and there is a sense of genuine team spirit,not easy with so many new faces. That's only my take on it; though at least i saw it with my own eyes,and not in a newspaper or banner across the bottom of the screen

stony said:
BillyShears said:
It's futile me trying to argue with posts like yours or Rob'Eh's. No matter how legitimate my criticism of Mancini is, there will always be a few people who will just resort to "you just don't like him, you have an agenda, you're a mancini hater, blah blah blah..." I find it about as tedious as you find my criticism of him...

The only people having a pop at Mancini are the same people who's favourite player has been fucked off. It may be a coincidence but it's a pretty big one.

I'm not blind to his faults, it's taken me a while to adjust to his style of play. But I'm slowly coming round to it and can see that when everything starts to gel we will be up there with the best. Not just this country either but Europe.
There's enough wankers in the press having a pop at him and us, without our own fans doing it every chance they get.
It would be nice if we all pulled in the same direction for a change and not let personal feelings cloud our judgement. We are all supposed to want the same thing and that is City winning things.

Like I said it's pointless even trying to "discuss" with the likes of you and Rob'Eh when you've made it plain that you consider my opinions in Mancini to be biased and lacking in integrity. You have your opinion I have mine.

Oh and I'm delighted that this forum hasn't descended into the sort of myopic "It'd be nice if we all pulled in the same direction" crap you're advocating.

stony said:
BillyShears said:
It's futile me trying to argue with posts like yours or Rob'Eh's. No matter how legitimate my criticism of Mancini is, there will always be a few people who will just resort to "you just don't like him, you have an agenda, you're a mancini hater, blah blah blah..." I find it about as tedious as you find my criticism of him...

The only people having a pop at Mancini are the same people who's favourite player has been fucked off. It may be a coincidence but it's a pretty big one.

I'm not blind to his faults, it's taken me a while to adjust to his style of play. But I'm slowly coming round to it and can see that when everything starts to gel we will be up there with the best. Not just this country either but Europe.
There's enough wankers in the press having a pop at him and us, without our own fans doing it every chance they get.
It would be nice if we all pulled in the same direction for a change and not let personal feelings cloud our judgement. We are all supposed to want the same thing and that is City winning things.

Totally agree. We have just played two difficult away games in three days. Negotiating a euro tie at club who do well at home. And then Wigan a bogey team. So job done. You'd think that would buy Mancini a bit of breathing space. But not with a couple of posters on here. They see a tiny chink of light and they home in like vultures on roadkill.

Didsbury Dave said:
KenTheLandlord said:
Do you know that to be true? Or is Shay not hearing what he wants to hear and going tothe press anyway, to answer some questions?

He didn't "go to the press".

He did a full, detailed and frank double page interview with the Times.

He was pressed by the interviewer on his role and future at City and he said that noone had talked to him.

It's a concern to me as it is not in isolation.

Fair point, he probably shouldn't have gone running up the stairs to confront Garry Cook either. Mind, i suppose Garry Cook went running down the stairs to question him.

BillyShears said:
Like I said it's pointless even trying to "discuss" with the likes of you and Rob'Eh when you've made it plain that you consider my opinions in Mancini to be biased and lacking in integrity. You have your opinion I have mine.

Oh and I'm delighted that this forum hasn't descended into the sort of myopic "It'd be nice if we all pulled in the same direction" crap you're advocating.
Can I just clarify, are you saying, as things currently stand, you do not have an agenda with Mancini, and that as the manager of our team, you support the decisions he makes in relation to the playing staff.

BillyShears said:
you've made it plain that you consider my opinions in Mancini to be biased and lacking in integrity.

Lets leave it at that then.

I think a certain amount of latitude should be granted to Bob in that he can't pre-determine the side he picks for certain games weeks in advance.

In an ideal world we would be injury free, and a few points better off, in which case Bob could afford to rotate the keepers - the reality though is that Joe dropped a bollock against Blackburn and therefore kept his place against Salzburg which has resulted in 2 clean sheets including Wigan.

Now of course you would expect Shay to start against WBA however following his interview Bob may well again stick with Joe, who knows? Bob does and he will make his selection based on what he sees fit.

My point being that if Bob had said to Shay he would start against Salzburg and then after Joe's mistake he changes his mind, for the benefit of the team, then people would be slagging him for not being true to his word.

I'm not sure theres an easy solution here.

We can't go to Shay at the start of the season and tell him that he won't be playing if Hart is fit, he'll be off in a shot.

So to an extent we've got to string him on a bit, not great for Shay but theres not much of an alternative.

Personally I think it will be better for all concerned if he's allowed to leave on loan.

KenTheLandlord said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He didn't "go to the press".

He did a full, detailed and frank double page interview with the Times.

He was pressed by the interviewer on his role and future at City and he said that noone had talked to him.

It's a concern to me as it is not in isolation.

Fair point, he probably shouldn't have gone running up the stairs to confront Garry Cook either. Mind, i suppose Garry Cook went running down the stairs to question him.
Nicely put, its just semantics. Going to the press/the press approached him matters not one jot. Shay has used the press to vent his frustrations, instead of being a grown up adult of 30 whatever and knocking on Roberto's door. I believe that displays a lack professionalism.

BillyShears said:
That's two. I'm waiting on one more...and I have the full set!

the Bronco Boys in full spate - sophisticated entertainment for the discriminating!

bronco-1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.