Basic People Management Skills

bluwes said:
de niro said:
you're not very bright are you?
the previous poster said we should concentrate on the players that want to play, his words not mine, i simply listed players that WANTED to play.
keep up love.

That is patronising for a moderator on here,and uncalled for, I thought only Billy Spears and Didsbury Dave could do that

he called my post fucking shit when he clearly had'nt took the context of it in. i am a city fan and a bluemoom poster too you know, i dont care any less cos i'm a mod.
as a mod i let loads go cos i know what level city can get to us.

It is quite clear that some on this forum want to constantly snipe about Mancini. That is their perogative but many of us find it boring.

Rather than looking for reasons to be miserable why not look at the bright side without Ireland, Bellamy, Given and Adebayor we are 4th and top our Europa league group and we have conceded just 1 goal from open play and ahve conceded the same amount of goals as Chelsea this season.

By xmas we will have 6 players back from long term injury, Johnson, Balotelli, Kolarov, Lescott, Boateng Bridge.

It should be noted that all great sides base thier success on a good defence we have now got a solid defence we I believe see City start attacking more but it will be difficult as suides will do what Blackburn and Wigan did qwhich is to play 11 men behind the ball and so I am sure we will work on that over the coming months

If Mancini gets the attacking set up as right as he has got the defence then we will be in for a great season

I would point out that Bellamy has been injured for 2 weeks and Ireland is not ripping up trees for Villa so hardly a huge loss to City thus far

bluemoonmatt said:
Dave, I get the feeling you don't like our Roberto.

One thing got me in the quote though is that if Mancini doesn't communicate with his players, how come Shay got the impression he would be starting on Thursday?

Funny! but it's probably the case the Shay thought he would get the UEFA cup and one other cup while Joe gets the Prem League and perhaps FAcup games. It might be related to the 'The psychological contract' which refers to the unwritten expectations of the employee–management relationship i.e. those that exist in addition to the terms of the formal employment contract. Most managers know that the terms of the psychological agreement are often more important to an employee than the actual terms of their contract and these are most often the reason for people moving on to new jobs. It's also known as the 'inferred deal' and I think it may be this that led Shay to thinking that he would start last week.
More here! http://www.lrc.ie/documents/symposium04/davidguest.ppt

RBmk2 said:
I've never been managed by Mancini so I don't really know too much about his basic people management skills.

What I do know is that we're fourth in the league,looking pretty good in Europe and have assembled our best squad in decades.

Something's obviously working?

yeh we are doing ok but the op has a bloody good point, you have to treat people the right way, yes we want to win things but there is a right and wrong way of doing things, shay has done nothing wrong, he deserves to be kept in the loop.
i suppose these days its win at all cost.
sad really, perhaps i'm old.

savo said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Dave, I get the feeling you don't like our Roberto.

One thing got me in the quote though is that if Mancini doesn't communicate with his players, how come Shay got the impression he would be starting on Thursday?

Funny! but it's probably the case the Shay thought he would get the UEFA cup and one other cup while Joe gets the Prem League and perhaps FAcup games. It might be related to the 'The psychological contract' which refers to the unwritten expectations of the employee–management relationship i.e. those that exist in addition to the terms of the formal employment contract. Most managers know that the terms of the psychological agreement are often more important to an employee than the actual terms of their contract and these are most often the reason for people moving on to new jobs. It's also known as the 'inferred deal' and I think it may be this that led Shay to thinking that he would start last week.
More here! http://www.lrc.ie/documents/symposium04/davidguest.ppt

So he must have at least spoken to him to get the non written, verbal "inferred" deal, which is what the poster was saying and Given couldn't get through his numbskull.

de niro said:
bluwes said:
That is patronising for a moderator on here,and uncalled for, I thought only Billy Spears and Didsbury Dave could do that

he called my post fucking shit when he clearly had'nt took the context of it in. i am a city fan and a bluemoom poster too you know, i dont care any less cos i'm a mod.
as a mod i let loads go cos i know what level city can get to us.

Oh I see

KenTheLandlord said:
de niro said:
you're not very bright are you?
the previous poster said we should concentrate on the players that want to play, his words not mine, i simply listed players that WANTED to play.
keep up love.

The previous poster said
"Concentrate on what you have and those that want to play"

Those players want to play but under their own conditions.

Ireland - Nobody plays me where i want to play, up front wandering around with no responsibility.
Bellamy - My knees are crippled, can i train once a day and play once a week?
Yes love, for Cardiff.
Ade wants to play - for Milan, Juventus, Real anywhere but City where we are expected to play him again, under his own conditions as the fairy on top of the Xmas tree.
Given - its a squad game, you have to wait. Ok your in the squad, err, no i want to play, i'm 140 and need matches.

Not one had City in their interests, not ONE.

Spot on ! All the other top teams have large squads and I don't hear the likes of Jenas, Palacios, Hutton, Bassong, pavyluchenko, Keane, Bentley, Kaboul, Krankjar et al who have all spent time on the bench talking about playing elsewhere. In fact the hypocrisy of the press is startling listiening on talksh*te the pundits were all waxing lyrical about Spurs bench and is there a better one in the prem, but with us its all 'how can we keep the players happy' blah blah. Same situation but a completely different take.

Its time for us to show unity against the press who will pick up on anything to undermine our goals. Mancini is the man to take us forward and the signs on the pitch all look positive.

If certain players put themselves before the team then they should be sent packing and I say that as someone who thinks Adebayor is an awesome player.

de niro said:
Mancio said:
PMSL

mancini has started bellamy all games last season , despite how twat bellamy is. then with the 25 squad man rules would have be crazy keep on a player with bellamy knees and injurues history.

and no any club want pay for sign him , then if you have to do a gift hardly you do it to potential competitors , of course.
a british born player, who without any knees is better than jo.

a live donkey is more useful than a dead (or injured) horse .

then , the british bit , is really another time PMSL

de niro said:
RBmk2 said:
I've never been managed by Mancini so I don't really know too much about his basic people management skills.

What I do know is that we're fourth in the league,looking pretty good in Europe and have assembled our best squad in decades.

Something's obviously working?

yeh we are doing ok but the op has a bloody good point, you have to treat people the right way, yes we want to win things but there is a right and wrong way of doing things, shay has done nothing wrong, he deserves to be kept in the loop.
i suppose these days its win at all cost.
sad really, perhaps i'm old.

No, your missing the point. Whether on purpose or accidently.
Given hasn't understood that Mancini put the TEAM first and picked the better player.
For the first time in his career he has faced real competition and crumbled.
That mentality has seen him stuck at Newcastle when top 4 clubs could have signed him but didn't.
He is an outstanding athlete who will end up with a second division trophy, won 15 years ago, because the mental side of his game wasn't good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.