Basic People Management Skills

KenTheLandlord said:
de niro said:
you're not very bright are you?
the previous poster said we should concentrate on the players that want to play, his words not mine, i simply listed players that WANTED to play.
keep up love.

The previous poster said
"Concentrate on what you have and those that want to play"

Those players want to play but under their own conditions.

Ireland - Nobody plays me where i want to play, up front wandering around with no responsibility.
Bellamy - My knees are crippled, can i train once a day and play once a week?
Yes love, for Cardiff.
Ade wants to play - for Milan, Juventus, Real anywhere but City where we are expected to play him again, under his own conditions as the fairy on top of the Xmas tree.
Given - its a squad game, you have to wait. Ok your in the squad, err, no i want to play, i'm 140 and need matches.

Not one had City in their interests, not ONE.

ok lets pick ade. lazy git, has his off days i dont care if we sell him jan, agreed he's angling for a move.
all that said i dont think bob will sell him unless a replacement is found(mario when fit helps) but as we are paying him 100 and odd grand a week surely you play him over jo, fall out, mouthing off or blanking the manager.if nothing else to put him in the shop window. even a pissed off ade is better then playing jo. bob should play the best 11 in every game he can.
fall out again after the final whistle if you like.

de niro said:
RBmk2 said:
I've never been managed by Mancini so I don't really know too much about his basic people management skills.

What I do know is that we're fourth in the league,looking pretty good in Europe and have assembled our best squad in decades.

Something's obviously working?

yeh we are doing ok but the op has a bloody good point, you have to treat people the right way, yes we want to win things but there is a right and wrong way of doing things, shay has done nothing wrong, he deserves to be kept in the loop.
i suppose these days its win at all cost.
sad really, perhaps i'm old.

I think the point is that you have to take what some players say with a pinch of salt-and there's always going to be an "angle" for the journos to spin it negatively.
But-if players are going to whinge and dig at the manager publicly,then by looks of things they're going to have to live with the potential consequences.

Ned decided he'd "had enough" on national tv-he's now at Sunderland.I doubt he'll wear a City shirt again.
Bellers had a giggle with 'Arry,and had a litte bit too much to say-I doubt he'll wear a City shirt again.

There will be others.
But they have to understand we're a team now-not a collective of individuals.If people have gripes,they sort it in house or go to the press in order to gain sympathy and thus get asked to do one out the door-simple.

Let the manager manage, I say.

de niro said:
KenTheLandlord said:
The previous poster said

Ireland - Nobody plays me where i want to play, up front wandering around with no responsibility.
Yes love, for Cardiff.
Ade wants to play - for Milan, Juventus, Real anywhere but City where we are expected to play him again, under his own conditions as the fairy on top of the Xmas tree.
Given - its a squad game, you have to wait. Ok your in the squad, err, no i want to play, i'm 140 and need matches.

ok lets pick ade. lazy git, has his off days i dont care if we sell him jan, agreed he's angling for a move.
all that said i dont think bob will sell him unless a replacement is found(mario when fit helps) but as we are paying him 100 and odd grand a week surely you play him over jo, fall out, mouthing off or blanking the manager.if nothing else to put him in the shop window. even a pissed off ade is better then playing jo. bob should play the best 11 in every game he can.

Wrong wrong wrong.
He should pick the 11 players that make the best team.
That doesn't neccessarily mean the best 11 players.
You need the blend, the harmony and team spirit.
One moaning bastard can upset all this, its why Wenger sold Adebayor and wouldn't sell Fabregas.
You can argue its why Toure turned up here, but he has settled. Yes, its helped his brother has turned up, but who thought of that? Never in a million years Hughes. So now we have a world class centre midfielder and a centre half who is concentrating.
Result? Two points better off than last year in 5 matches. That should put us on 89 points. We may not get that but it will be closer to that than 67 points and a deffo CL place.
Ok, you don't like that he is building from the back, but look up goals conceded by the champions for the last 10 years, i bet none of them have conceded more than 40 goals. I dont think we have have done that in the history of the PL.
(I may be a little out here, i am not looking it up, but you get my drift).
As for Adebayor, he goes in January and hopefully he has Dzenko up his sleeve and then Bob really is your uncle.
You having that eh! eh!

de niro said:
KenTheLandlord said:
The previous poster said

Yes love, for Cardiff.

IF they have fallen out, how can Bobby then trust Ade to do his job to the best of his ability? he can't, so the safe bet is to use guys who are just keeping quiet and doing their bit. Also, what message does it then send to the rest of the squad if Ade still plays if he crosses the boss? It's hypocritical and would cause far more trouble. If you take the hard line with one, you have to do it with all of them, it's just not workable any other way.

Given admits he has not gone knocking on Mancini’s door, saying: “I don't want to get involved in a war of words with him and, to be honest, he doesn't speak that good English.”
His English was shite yesterday tbh,has his family come over yet or are they all still in italy,the point is that if he's talking italian at home he'll never get the hang of it.

bluemanc said:
Given admits he has not gone knocking on Mancini’s door, saying: “I don't want to get involved in a war of words with him and, to be honest, he doesn't speak that good English.”
His English was shite yesterday tbh,has his family come over yet or are they all still in italy,the point is that if he's talking italian at home he'll never get the hang of it.
He can always draw this for the numpties in the squad.
your-fired.jpg

RBmk2 said:
de niro said:
yeh we are doing ok but the op has a bloody good point, you have to treat people the right way, yes we want to win things but there is a right and wrong way of doing things, shay has done nothing wrong, he deserves to be kept in the loop.
i suppose these days its win at all cost.
sad really, perhaps i'm old.

I think the point is that you have to take what some players say with a pinch of salt-and there's always going to be an "angle" for the journos to spin it negatively.
But-if players are going to whinge and dig at the manager publicly,then by looks of things they're going to have to live with the potential consequences.

Ned decided he'd "had enough" on national tv-he's now at Sunderland.I doubt he'll wear a City shirt again.
Bellers had a giggle with 'Arry,and had a litte bit too much to say-I doubt he'll wear a City shirt again.

There will be others.
But they have to understand we're a team now-not a collective of individuals.If people have gripes,they sort it in house or go to the press in order to gain sympathy and thus get asked to do one out the door-simple.

Let the manager manage, I say.

Team before individual players egos.

Hallelujah.

KenTheLandlord said:
bluemanc said:
He can always draw this for the numpties in the squad.
your-fired.jpg
That looks like a post off one of the tactical threads.

KenTheLandlord said:
de niro said:

Wrong wrong wrong.
He should pick the 11 players that make the best team.
That doesn't neccessarily mean the best 11 players.
You need the blend, the harmony and team spirit.
One moaning bastard can upset all this, its why Wenger sold Adebayor and wouldn't sell Fabregas.
You can argue its why Toure turned up here, but he has settled. Yes, its helped his brother has turned up, but who thought of that? Never in a million years Hughes. So now we have a world class centre midfielder and a centre half who is concentrating.
Result? Two points better off than last year in 5 matches. That should put us on 89 points. We may not get that but it will be closer to that than 67 points and a deffo CL place.
Ok, you don't like that he is building from the back, but look up goals conceded by the champions for the last 10 years, i bet none of them have conceded more than 40 goals. I dont think we have have done that in the history of the PL.
(I may be a little out here, i am not looking it up, but you get my drift).
As for Adebayor, he goes in January and hopefully he has Dzenko up his sleeve and then Bob really is your uncle.
You having that eh! eh!
once we get dzeko i will be bobs biggest fan:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.