Basic People Management Skills

Failsworth_Blue said:
simon23 said:
Noone is bigger than the club and that includes the manager

Thre have been too many reports of this lack of communication for it not to be true .....It may be RM's style but he therefore needs to change it as to some players it is almost offensive (if i was them i can accept being left out if Im told why....but not to be told is wrong)......

The thing with Ade is more worrying. Rm has previous for this sort of behaviour (the Ireland incident about his head not being right).....If you accuse someone of feigning and injury and are proved wrong he owes Ade a huge apoplogy.

RM clearly has a lot to learn about man management

His man management at Inter was terrible aswell wasn't it? Lets face it you don't know what goes on behind the scenes, only negative aspects of his management are reported in the media which will always be the case, it's up to you how you interpret those reports. Do you think every manager explains the reasons why he's left them out to every player he doesn't start?

so are you saying that every single player (bellamy, robinho given Ireland) are all wrong/lying.

If it was one isolated incdeint you could put it down to a trouble causer or sour grapes...but when someone likenGiven is saying it then you surel have to see it as a problem

Every player needs managing differently...this should be taken into account by any manager. Keeping the players happy is important as it will only benefit performances

simon23 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
His man management at Inter was terrible aswell wasn't it? Lets face it you don't know what goes on behind the scenes, only negative aspects of his management are reported in the media which will always be the case, it's up to you how you interpret those reports. Do you think every manager explains the reasons why he's left them out to every player he doesn't start?

so are you saying that every single player (bellamy, robinho given Ireland) are all wrong/lying.

If it was one isolated incdeint you could put it down to a trouble causer or sour grapes...but when someone likenGiven is saying it then you surel have to see it as a problem

Every player needs managing differently...this should be taken into account by any manager. Keeping the players happy is important as it will only benefit performances

No of course i'm not saying they are lying but sometimes things are taken out of context especially in the media. Mancini will not be the only manager who has some players having a bit of a pop at him, look at Pavlychenko at Spurs, he slagged Redknapp off left right and centre at one time(When he wasn't getting a game believe it or not) and now he's back in the team and playing he's not said a bad word about him, thats footballers for you. Just because they speak out about a manager doesn't mean the manager needs to change the way he managers his players

zeven said:
simon23 said:

Thre have been too many reports of this lack of communication for it not to be true .....It may be RM's style but he therefore needs to change it as to some players it is almost offensive (if i was them i can accept being left out if Im told why....but not to be told is wrong)......

The thing with Ade is more worrying. Rm has previous for this sort of behaviour (the Ireland incident about his head not being right).....If you accuse someone of feigning and injury and are proved wrong he owes Ade a huge apoplogy.

I find it quite amusing, that you believe the papers whenever it suits you.

Seriously how can you rate Mancinis man mangement skills on a couple of articles in NOTW?

IF his man management skills were bad! more ppl than Shay would have been out bashing about it! strange its only those not in favour who are in the papers,
I shay or Ade have a problem, they are more than welcome to talk to Mancini, But

As i said yesterday the fact that it was in the NOTW meant that i didnt believe it but then you take into account that its the 4th time at least that this has been reported/qouted from various players then it is too often to be a conincidence (Ireland, bellamy given and now shay saying all the same thing....I even seem to remember tevez saying it last season)<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:25 pm --<br /><br />
Failsworth_Blue said:
simon23 said:

No of course i'm not saying they are lying but sometimes things are taken out of context especially in the media. Mancini will not be the only manager who has some players having a bit of a pop at him, look at Pavlychenko at Spurs, he slagged Redknapp off left right and centre at one time(When he wasn't getting a game believe it or not) and now he's back in the team and playing he's not said a bad word about him, thats footballers for you. Just because they speak out about a manager doesn't mean the manager needs to change the way he managers his players

I agree partly with you...im sure the media are blowing out of all proportion (or more l hope they are)....but there is obviously also an issue and there for the players and that needs to be addressed

zeven said:
simon23 said:

Seriously how can you rate Mancinis man mangement skills on a couple of articles in NOTW?

IF his man management skills were bad! more ppl than Shay would have been out bashing about it! strange its only those not in favour who are in the papers,
I shay or Ade have a problem, they are more than welcome to talk to Mancini, But

That comment is amusingly uninformed.

There have been a succession of players saying the same thing time and time again.

There was a quote from Vieira the other week which worried me. Vieira has played for him before of course. I can't remember it word for word but he was asked what is the manager like and he said something like "I haven't a clue! I don't know him".

That worried me too.

And those of you comparing him with Ferguson are barking up the wrong tree.

Fergie's a dictator, great, but at Man Utd there is communication and motivation right down the playing staff. That's why his number 2s have always been so imprtant to him.

simon23 said:
zeven said:

As i said yesterday the fact that it was in the NOTW meant that i didnt believe it but then you take into account that its the 4th time at least that this has been reported/qouted from various players then it is too often to be a conincidence (Ireland, bellamy given and now shay saying all the same thing....I even seem to remember tevez saying it last season)

It was reported in the press nearly every day before the millenium that when the millenium came that all computers were going to crash, planes would drop out of the sky, there would be widespread pestulence and famine. We were told that for nearly 12 months before it happened by all aspects of the media.

Was there any substance in it, was there fook!

Didsbury Dave said:
zeven said:

That comment is amusingly uninformed.

There have been a succession of players saying the same thing time and time again.

There was a quote from Vieira the other week which worried me. Vieira has played for him before of course. I can't remember it word for word but he was asked what is the manager like and he said something like "I haven't a clue! I don't know him".

That worried me too.

And those of you comparing him with Ferguson are barking up the wrong tree.

Fergie's a dictator, great, but at Man Utd there is communication and motivation right down the playing staff. That's why his number 2s have always been so imprtant to him.

Id forgotten that Viera had said it as well as the others i mentioned.

I'm glad this debate hasn't descended into mudslinging, although I guess there's time.

Has there been a successful manager with this type of approach in England before?

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm glad this debate hasn't descended into mudslinging, although I guess there's time.

Has there been a successful manager with this type of approach in England before?

MON always gives the story of the european cup final when he was raring to play. Cloughie said to him 'are you ready,are you fit' or along them lines. MON replies in the affirmative of course and then Cloughie says 'good, you're not playing' and that was it. He was justified, Trevor Francis played and the rest is history. No explanation given to O'neill at all.

1_barry_conlon said:
Didsbury Dave said:

MON always gives the story of the european cup final when he was raring to play. Cloughie said to him 'are you ready,are you fit' or along them lines. MON replies in the affirmative of course and then Cloughie says 'good, you're not playing' and that was it. He was justified, Trevor Francis played and the rest is history. No explanation given to O'neill at all.

All his players loved Cloughie, Barry.

Except for maybe Justin FAshanu...

He had a relationship with them all and knew what made them tick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.