Basic People Management Skills

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm glad this debate hasn't descended into mudslinging, although I guess there's time.

Has there been a successful manager with this type of approach in England before?

Brian Clough and Jose Mourinho two of the most succesful manager in recent years.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm glad this debate hasn't descended into mudslinging, although I guess there's time.

Has there been a successful manager with this type of approach in England before?

i dont know what his approach is!

you would have to be around on a daily basis to possibly comment.

This bollocks about him not talkin to players I dont personally believe it.

From the people who watch the players train on a regular basis have never reported any problems, they have never seen double training on a regular basis.

And from footage u see on SSN Mancini appears to be communicating.

I dont know one of my bosses very well om a personal level or he me, he tells me what to do I do it. He is a miserable boring get no charisma or charm you live with it

ManCityTom said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Brian Clough and Jose Mourinho two of the most succesful manager in recent years.

That's just not true.

As i said above, all Cloughie's players loved him. He got to know them all.

Mourinho is quite similar. There was an article once about him where a journo went to a charity auction and the Chelsea squad had a table. He commented on the banter and unique bond between squad and manager. He is a strong character but he motivates people. That's why his squads over-acheive.

Didsbury Dave said:
You can't slag Given off for this. He's simply answered a question.

-- Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:37 am --

bluemoonmatt said:
Dave, I get the feeling you don't like our Roberto.

One thing got me in the quote though is that if Mancini doesn't communicate with his players, how come Shay got the impression he would be starting on Thursday?

I'm desperate for the manager to succeed.

But I worry like mad about his people management skills.

I worry more about him getting results rather than his management skills. He was brought in to do a job... he's doing it well!

I hear Mancini praising Shay every day... "Great man & fantastic goalkeeper".

Perhaps Shay is the one with the agenda here?

simon23 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That comment is amusingly uninformed.

There have been a succession of players saying the same thing time and time again.

There was a quote from Vieira the other week which worried me. Vieira has played for him before of course. I can't remember it word for word but he was asked what is the manager like and he said something like "I haven't a clue! I don't know him".

That worried me too.

And those of you comparing him with Ferguson are barking up the wrong tree.

Fergie's a dictator, great, but at Man Utd there is communication and motivation right down the playing staff. That's why his number 2s have always been so imprtant to him.

Id forgotten that Viera had said it as well as the others i mentioned.

vieira hasnt sayd nothing.

was ireland to say "i asked vieira about his relationship with mancini and he sayd to me etcetcetc" .

Didsbury Dave said:
1_barry_conlon said:
MON always gives the story of the european cup final when he was raring to play. Cloughie said to him 'are you ready,are you fit' or along them lines. MON replies in the affirmative of course and then Cloughie says 'good, you're not playing' and that was it. He was justified, Trevor Francis played and the rest is history. No explanation given to O'neill at all.

All his players loved Cloughie, Barry.

Except for maybe Justin FAshanu...

He had a relationship with them all and knew what made them tick.

But that was nurtured over time DD. RM isn't even 12 months into the job. When you're the new boss surely you have to have time to weigh up the ones who are for you or against you?

And i would have thought that Fash would have loved everyone...!

simon23

I assume you are not being serious. The players you mention.

Bellamy, trouble wherever he has been. Great player, serial bigmouth.

Ireland, a guy who may or may not be a top player but who has slagged every manager City have had. It's never his fault.

Robinho, well where do we start?

I agree Shay is different in that up to this point a model pro. Naturally he is unhappy. That's it. Lets all stop trying to make out that Mancini is the devil incarnate on such flimsy evidence.

ManCityTom said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Mourinho is one of the best man manager's in the world. In fact, that particular skill is probably what gives him the X factor over most modern managers...

I think mancinin knows his strongest team. The rest of the players he does not seem to care about, many of the older players or the more disruptive players he deems surplus to requiremnts. so the likes of given, ade etc. will be sold in jan and replaced with younger, better players. imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.