Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
Eaglechief said:
I think a number of posters are getting a little giddy with our performance against a very shit Rag team.

The fact is Bayern will press our midfielders and defence and allow us little time on the ball, so it all depends on how well we use the ball when we do get it off them.

This will not be the cakewailk some are assuming, we could win this with 1 goal difference (such as 2-1 or 3-2), but I do not see our defence keeping a clean sheet considering how easily we've been exposed in most of our games, it has only been due to luck we didn't concede stupid schoolboy error goals against Hull and Stoke as well (two of our three cleansheets were due to luck and poor opposition attackers, rather than quality defending on our part).

This game is 50/50, we could win a tight game or get thrashed out of sight just as easily.

And if we get beat you will be on here giving your words of wisdom, if we win you will be no where to be seen

If we did win, what would be the point of coming on here?

There's nothing more unedifying than seeing a bunch of posters thinking how everything in the garden is rosy and that everything is going according to the grand master plan after we win a game, it smacks of complacency and pure arrogance.

Ducado said:
Eaglechief said:
I think a number of posters are getting a little giddy with our performance against a very shit Rag team.

The fact is Bayern will press our midfielders and defence and allow us little time on the ball, so it all depends on how well we use the ball when we do get it off them.

This will not be the cakewailk some are assuming, we could win this with 1 goal difference (such as 2-1 or 3-2), but I do not see our defence keeping a clean sheet considering how easily we've been exposed in most of our games, it has only been due to luck we didn't concede stupid schoolboy error goals against Hull and Stoke as well (two of our three cleansheets were due to luck and poor opposition attackers, rather than quality defending on our part).

This game is 50/50, we could win a tight game or get thrashed out of sight just as easily.

And if we get beat you will be on here giving your words of wisdom, if we win you will be no where to be seen

can i add i dont know who Eaglechief has been talking to but ive not spoke to one person who has said this game will be a "cakewalk"

bluemc1 said:
can i add i dont know who Eaglechief has been talking to but ive not spoke to one person who has said this game will be a "cakewalk"

Nobody has specifically said this, but I do get the impression some posters are thinking we will perform similarly to the derby game, this just won't happpen.

Bayern are a far better team than the rags, we will not be allowed to dominate their midfield and they will press us hard everywhere on the pitch.

Eaglechief said:
bluemc1 said:

Nobody has specifically said this, but I do get the impression some posters are thinking we will perform similarly to the derby game, this just won't happpen.

Bayern are a far better team than the rags, we will not be allowed to dominate their midfield and they will press us hard everywhere on the pitch.

who are ? who will ? the European champions and year before Champions league finalists, the team who smashed Barca ? cheers for the heads up fella

bluemc1 said:
Eaglechief said:
bluemc1 said:

who are ? who will ? the European champions and year before Champions league finalists, the team who smashed Barca ? cheers for the heads up fella
Well tbf chelsea put in a decent performance against them. Only unlucky not to have won.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We can't go too gung ho against these, they will have us on the break if we do.

A draw would be a good result in this one.

I've said it a million times .... draws are NEVER good enough in EARLY group games ..... and especially those played at home !

We always seem to put ourselves in highly pressurised last gasp situations in a desperate attempt to try and qualify , and it's unhealthy ... we HAVE to learn the lessons from our previous abysmal Champion League campaigns and STRIKE EARLY !!!

Eaglechief said:
bluemc1 said:

Actually Bayern will play to our advantage and the way we want them to play... It will be a great fight in on the pitch but just as Bayern will press, so will we (as we have recently).

We play well against the rags, chelsea, arsenal etc... cos the play football and don't sit back...

We are not going to get beat by Bayern and anyone using Villa as an example to be pessimistic needs to really go back and watch some more City games cos they don't know shit.

Villa game was a mix of poor decisions from officials and simple complacency from our GK and CB's and it was a bit of a freak result. However Blues are now building a correlation that Pellegrini's away form with Malaga was shit therefore ours will be as well, which is completely stupid to think.

We play a high line and we got complacent and we are learning and I have no doubt as the season goes along we will really get the hang of what Pellegrini wants and be rock solid and not underestimate the opposition...

If we beat Beyern on Wednesday, no one will remember the villa game just like we forgot Cardiff...

jollylescott said:
Bluekiwi said:
MillionDollarDream said:
I'd swap out Zabaleta for Richards but otherwise, this. I don't want to see Nasty for a couple of games after today.

What about David if he is fit?

In my opinion if Silva is fit he will come straight back into the team. I also think we have to go with Kun and Alvaro, and Clichy because of his speed will be needed in defence.

If Silva wasn't fit enough to make the bench yesterday, will he be fit enough to start on Wednesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.