Bayern Munich v MCFC Post match Discussion thread

ramsdale4 said:
He swapped dzeko for aguero, pushed Yaya further forward and put NDJ in Yaya's place. Nothing wrong with the substitutions. What else could ue do we Tevez refusing to play?!

Dont think it happened like that, think he made the first sub and then Tevez spat his dummy out but hey we are just speculating here. Think Yaya and Barry were way of the pace and were found wanting tonight. We need a top class centre back to partner Kompany, JL should have had his chance tonight but I dont think he is good enough really. We also need another top class central midfielder to partner NDJ...hopefully Hargreaves can be that man this season :) The future is still very bright :)

citymad said:
Hydemcfc said:
Judging the reaction of the players to the substitutions i would guess that Mancini has lost the dressing room. The pictures of what appeared to be happening on the bench did not make happy watching. If it's true that Tevez refused to come on it speaks volumes on the lack of respect that the players have for the management.

This is my biggest fear and I suspect the gutter media will run with this at every opportunity. Mancini needs to be strong.

What it shows is Tevez is a total knobhead.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:09 pm --<br /><br />
citymad said:
Hydemcfc said:
Judging the reaction of the players to the substitutions i would guess that Mancini has lost the dressing room. The pictures of what appeared to be happening on the bench did not make happy watching. If it's true that Tevez refused to come on it speaks volumes on the lack of respect that the players have for the management.

This is my biggest fear and I suspect the gutter media will run with this at every opportunity. Mancini needs to be strong.

What it shows is Tevez is a total knobhead.

We have three must wins in a row.

Villareal
Villareal
Napoli

That would give us 10 pts and most likely push us through. Napoli has 4 pts right now...and will probably have 4 pts after they face Bayern twice.

Dzeko's reaction to the substitution was normal reaction by subbed player - let's not read into it too much.

I've been watching him too long not to know that he is your ultimate TEAM player, so he will grind it out and do whatever asked again next week.

That said - I've followed the lad since his early Wolfsburg days, and never seen him react anything REMOTELY as that. So there must be a reason.

Reason 1: Dzeko vs. Wigan - the kid scores 4 in previous game, and you BENCH him that early in the season. Really, Roberto?

Reason 2: Dzeko with few shots was pretty much the only threat we had in the first half, and gets subbed 5 minutes in. Really, Roberto?? And it showed as we were so toothless without him in the 2nd that we really didnt fire up a shot on goal until Kolarov's try in the stoppage time.

Reason 3: I think only Mancini and few bonehead fans on this forum dont realize that our problem are not forwards but midfielders this year. Dzeko and Aguero are striker duo from dreams, but they need passes in space. There is no movement off the ball in midfield. Our back 4 are so disconnected with midfield that it is beyond belief.

So I'm sure Dzeko is thinking - whatever I do (1 goal, 4 goals), it doesnt matter - I'm still coming out and it aint my fault. And I swear I'm seeing his work rate down - probably because of that notion.

tommo74 said:
Stop fucking blaming mancini , last year you were moaning he was to negative this year he goes for it and you are still moaning , blame the fucking players only Joe could be happy to pick up his wages tonight ,as for that corned beef eating twat Fuck off and die you ****

Only this.. He has the toughest job in the word. People have no idea.

Fair play to Mancini for speaking out and admitting what happened - you could see he was upset by the situation. Souness spoke a lot of sense re: Tevez - hope they make him walk back from Germany or send him on a plane with the loyal fans who have spent their hard earned cash getting over there for the game and who would pay to play even a minute for our beloved club!<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:10 pm --<br /><br />Fair play to Mancini for speaking out and admitting what happened - you could see he was upset by the situation. Souness spoke a lot of sense re: Tevez - hope they make him walk back from Germany or send him on a plane with the loyal fans who have spent their hard earned cash getting over there for the game and who would pay to play even a minute for our beloved club!

citymad said:
you have to laugh at the comedian who made us one of the favourites to win the champs league in our first year. Tonight showed we are way behind the leading europeans clubs. Very very disappointed with Mancini, no other coach in the world would take off a powerful forward and put a defensive midfielder in when you are two down. No wonder Dzeko was upset. I bet the Bayern coach couldn't believe it either.

....presume you wrote this before watching bobbys interview after the game? I hope so.....bringing Nige on to calm the midfield, where we were being totally overrun - THEN BRINGING TEVEZ ON 5 MINS LATER was the plan, and the twat refused to come on.

Thats it for me, Im a massive Tevez fan, but no more. He's let everyone down tonight and shown himself up for what he really is, a greedy little twat.

Aequitas1987 said:
I don't want to come here and brag so please dont take this as me bragging after my team wins.

But one of my first posts was that the reason Bayern was going to win was because of our stamina and team unity. Mainly the amount of work historically all Bayern teams put in and that's the difference between Champions league and other competitions.

You need players like Schweinsteiger/Gustavo/Lahm/Rafinha to put in that work rate (full backs and box to box midfielders need to run the most). I think Heckneyes experience also outshone there, our weekend game vs Leverkusen we worked hard early and got two goals and then just coasted through the game whereas you guys had an intense game with Everton.

I think thats the case with a lot of PL top teams is that center of the pitch is pretty weak and people need to realize that the key in the modern game are the CM's, look at Barca (Xavi/Iniesta/Fabregas), Real Madrid (Alonso, Sahin, Khedira).

And then you look at Manchester City (De Jong is great but I do not rate Barry or Milner), Chelsea (Ramires is OK, Lampard is beyond his prime, Essien WAS a beast), Manchester United (Fletcher and Carrick are BAD, the new guy is decent but still untested).

You guys played really well the first thirty minutes but It is hard to maintain that type of pace vs Bayern/Barca/Madrid without excellent pressing tactics (which we have implemented this season).

you are absolutely right. you have a great chance of winning this competition. you were pretty darn good

Lescott should have started, toure brother where fault for the two goals and should have took yaya off for de jong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.