Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

lancs blue said:
spacecadet said:
lancs blue said:
It's a difficult one not to give is what I'm saying, clearly hand to ball and could the ref really tell from his viewpoint that it was accidental?

And you gave me stick last night for Barry at full-back? Difficult one not to give? Bollocks sunshine.

So watching it live in real-time your first impression wasn't "shit that's handball"?? Give it a rest FFS.

You talk sense most of the time but miles out with this one...Never a pen.

bayern blade said:
SWP's back said:
Hahahaha. So the rules are wrong then?

Possibly, I'm just saying that if that had been at the other end every fan on here would have been slating the ref for NOT giving it had he waved play on.
If it had been at the other end he would have waved play on,the ref was shocking,thank fcuk it was only a friendly..

Maldeika said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
bayern blade said:
It was a blatant penalty. Surely anyone would say if their side wasn't given that they'd be on the barricades !

A good game, Kompany was immense for City (German tv gave him Man of the Match), Müller was class for us. I thought we deserved to win, we looked sharp first half, but the result was irrelevant, it was a good test against a good side and we look as though we'll be ready when the season starts.

how can it be a blatant penalty he wasnt even looking at the ball

What does his hand have to do in the air when the ball is in the air. That is a penalty that would have been given in any Bundesliga match and probably in every CL match (if the referee would have seen it and the opponent would not be Barca...)

We had 2 penalties given against us when Boateng turned himself a little and his arm was straight down his body. He cannot cut it away.

It is nothing to discuss long about. The hand was not in a position it should be. It touched the ball. It was in the box. Penalty.
still ignoring the rules aren't you.

Joker.

SWP's back said:
bayern blade said:
SWP's back said:
Hahahaha. So the rules are wrong then?

Possibly, I'm just saying that if that had been at the other end every fan on here would have been slating the ref for NOT giving it had he waved play on.
So by the rules, was it a penalty?

In my opinion yes but I admit I don't have the rulebook to hand. If I was a ref I'd give a pen for that, if the rules say otherwise the rules need changing.

bayern blade said:
It was a blatant penalty. Surely anyone would say if their side wasn't given that they'd be on the barricades !

A good game, Kompany was immense for City (German tv gave him Man of the Match), Müller was class for us. I thought we deserved to win, we looked sharp first half, but the result was irrelevant, it was a good test against a good side and we look as though we'll be ready when the season starts.
Just back from the game. Didn't see the handball but correct to give vinny mom. Bayern shaded it and deserved to win. Lot's of positives for us too.

bayern blade said:

I didn't think Bayern were that good to be honest although the format of the competition - 2 games in 48 hours made it difficult

City started that game without several key players and with the 4 new signings having scarcely played at all so I was very pleased with our game

I agree you were the better team, though we had some very good chances

I'd be a little worried if I were you that Guardiola is going to play without a striker.

That was never a penalty. Clear error by the ref, however what matters in pre-season is performance, fitness and preparation.

I think City fans will be happier than Bayern tonight.

bayern blade said:
TheMaineRoad said:
bayern blade said:
The rules are "possibly" wrong. No they aren't wrong.

His arm is above his head, he clearly handles the ball, almost every ref is going to give a pen for that, deliberate or not.
Correctly or incorrectly?

Maldeika said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
bayern blade said:

how can it be a blatant penalty he wasnt even looking at the ball

What does his hand have to do in the air when the ball is in the air. That is a penalty that would have been given in any Bundesliga match and probably in every CL match (if the referee would have seen it and the opponent would not be Barca...)

We had 2 penalties given against us when Boateng turned himself a little and his arm was straight down his body. He cannot cut it away.

It is nothing to discuss long about. The hand was not in a position it should be. It touched the ball. It was in the box. Penalty.
His arm went upto give him balance. What did you expect him to do? Put him arms by his sides and drop like a stone?

Mancity1980 said:
Marvin said:
br62 said:
Navas is just brilliant.....it does not matter which defender tries to mark him as he just waltzes on past them. He is going to terrify defences in the Premier League.
Considering the opposition, every City fan should be absolutely buzzing off that

A fair ref, and Silva, Aguero and Nasty and we'd have won. Doesn't really matter. The main thing is we opened up bayern time and time again, and if the players didn't know before, they know now just what they can do this season

Doesn't matter what Utd or Chelsea do in the transfer mkt, MCFC should be very very competitive this season

So Rooney to Chelsea and Ronaldo to the Rags will make no difference?
Fucking lol. Ronaldo to United?

Uniteds transfer rumours

Week 1 - Ronaldo
Week 2 - Bale
Week 3 - Fabregas
Week 4 - Fellaini

And repeat.

bayern blade said:
SWP's back said:
bayern blade said:
So by the rules, was it a penalty?

In my opinion yes but I admit I don't have the rulebook to hand. If I was a ref I'd give a pen for that, if the rules say otherwise the rules need changing.

No rule book needed. Basic knowledge!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.