Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

First comments on the decisions.

For me it was a pen. The rules say the handball has to be deliberate, but this does not mean you have to be trying to handle the ball. If your arm is in an unnatural position then the pen can be given. I would have given a pen every time for that.

Milner's tackle on Robben was a good tackle and should never have been a foul.

Boyota's tackle was a foul and a yellow card. In this day and age you are not allowed to come in from behind whether you win the ball or not.

Nasri was probably fractionally offside, but it was an unlucky decision.

As for City they looked good. They have bough well and Jovetic is going to be class. Kompany solid at the back and if the first choice midfield was there it would have been fine. Like Last year though, I think you have TOO MANY top strikers and they are not going to get enough games, which means they won't be as sharp as they should be. I don't see the point of buying Negredo when you had Dzeko, Jovetic and Aguero to play as the main man.

As for Bayern, I think they should be very worried with Pep's plans. Lahm is arguably the best crosser of the ball in the world, but instead of bombing down the right to provide an overlap he was virtually playing in the middle.

Muller is class, but he is not a central striker. He was wasted as the 'false 9' and only came into his own in the second half.

Playing Thiago is just pointless and he should be dropped for a more creative player.

What more does Shaqiri have to do, to get a starting spot?

Martinez is too slow and not comfortable at centre back. With the high line Bayern will be exposed.

Bayern are just like Barcelona without Messi, City had key players missing and should have won this match. This is worrying, because City are not as far along their preaseason.

bayern blade said:
SWP's back said:
Hahahaha. So the rules are wrong then?

Possibly, I'm just saying that if that had been at the other end every fan on here would have been slating the ref for NOT giving it had he waved play on.

and no chance it would have been given. We should have had 2 pens within the first 20 mins when we played you away in the CL and got fuck all. And, yes, I am bitter about it!! Still!

lancs blue said:
spacecadet said:
lancs blue said:
It's a difficult one not to give is what I'm saying, clearly hand to ball and could the ref really tell from his viewpoint that it was accidental?

And you gave me stick last night for Barry at full-back? Difficult one not to give? Bollocks sunshine.

So watching it live in real-time your first impression wasn't "shit that's handball"?? Give it a rest FFS.

No it wasn't - can't believe a pen was given to be honest, but Bayern do tend to benefit from those type of decisions.

MCC said:
bayern blade said:
It was a blatant penalty. Surely anyone would say if their side wasn't given that they'd be on the barricades !

A good game, Kompany was immense for City (German tv gave him Man of the Match), Müller was class for us. I thought we deserved to win, we looked sharp first half, but the result was irrelevant, it was a good test against a good side and we look as though we'll be ready when the season starts.
Just back from the game. Didn't see the handball but correct to give vinny mom. Bayern shaded it and deserved to win. Lot's of positives for us too.

I agree with that, I thought we edged it but it was a good workout for two very good teams.
I'm not going to argue anymore about the pen, I'm just happy that it was a good test.

MCC said:
bayern blade said:
It was a blatant penalty. Surely anyone would say if their side wasn't given that they'd be on the barricades !

A good game, Kompany was immense for City (German tv gave him Man of the Match), Müller was class for us. I thought we deserved to win, we looked sharp first half, but the result was irrelevant, it was a good test against a good side and we look as though we'll be ready when the season starts.
Just back from the game. Didn't see the handball but correct to give vinny mom. Bayern shaded it and deserved to win. Lot's of positives for us too.
I've posted the rules on the page 16. They only state "deliberate".

ElanJo said:
bayern blade said:
SWP's back said:
Hahahaha. So the rules are wrong then?

Possibly, I'm just saying that if that had been at the other end every fan on here would have been slating the ref for NOT giving it had he waved play on.

and no chance it would have been given. We should have had 2 pens within the first 20 mins when we played you away in the CL and got fuck all. And, yes, I am bitter about it!! Still!
Yep and both by that shitehawk we binned off

I think the biggest thing, intentionally or not was the ball came back into the pitch instead of going behind goal for a corner. Had it gone over the line I think a NORMAL ref would have given corner over penalty.

I still don't agree with either offside call. If you have to nit pick it, slow it down, zoom in, zoom out, suck cock. Then it's not an offside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.