Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

pudge said:
bayern blade said:
pudge said:
If you learned the rules first then maybe you could pass judgement on them

You all know bloody well you would have been screaming for a pen if it was the other way round. It was a penalty, every time.
Would that automatically make it a penalty??

Desn't matter what we would or would not scream for: we are not independent adjudicators of the rules. The ref's job is to interpret the rules correctly and he did not.

If City don't get a penalty for clearly accidental handball, I accept the decision.

Just as I am happy to admit it when we get a penalty that we shouldn't (e.g. Villa at home last season).

PMSL!!!
spongebob123 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0AphJ8hJN0&feature=youtu.be&t=2m6s[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHgOjXfvlec&feature=youtu.be&t=55s[/youtube]

Come a long way has the handball rule...

bayern blade said:
pudge said:
You all know bloody well you would have been screaming for a pen if it was the other way round. It was a penalty, every time.
the best team lost, thanks to the ref, and all you lot know it. Pep wants to turn you into a wingless, strikerless and totally toothless version of Barca, and you still think he's on your side!

lancs blue said:
mammutly said:
Can't believe people are debating the penalty decision.

99 times out a 100 that's going to be given. His arm was in an unnatural position and wafted the ball out of play. It's a penalty according to all the rules as commonly interpreted. It is why, week in and week out, you do see defenders with there arms lowered and hardly ever see arms flapping about above head height. Defenders don't do that because, intentional or not, if there is ball-hand contact and the hand is raised, it's going to be a penalty.

Thank you.
Yes you have just been backed up by someone that didn't see a difference to how we played under Mancini. Great.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:41 pm --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
mammutly said:

99 times out a 100 that's going to be given. His arm was in an unnatural position and wafted the ball out of play. It's a penalty according to all the rules as commonly interpreted. It is why, week in and week out, you do see defenders with there arms lowered and hardly ever see arms flapping about above head height. Defenders don't do that because, intentional or not, if there is ball-hand contact and the hand is raised, it's going to be a penalty.

Well you might as well make it a hat trick of shit comments towards City.Go on whats next ??
Well he wouldn't be making these comments 12 months ago, we know that much.

Great tackle by young boyata I knew then that the joker was going to be played somewhere in the game, bayern are definitely the rags of Europe

George Hannah said:
bayern blade said:
pudge said:
the best team lost, thanks to the ref, and all you lot know it. Pep wants to turn you into a wingless, strikerless and totally toothless version of Barca, and you still think he's on your side!
I wouldn't say the best team lost, the team that created the most chances lost but they totally bossed possession.

Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:
First comments on the decisions.

For me it was a pen. The rules say the handball has to be deliberate, but this does not mean you have to be trying to handle the ball. If your arm is in an unnatural position then the pen can be given. I would have given a pen every time for that.

Milner's tackle on Robben was a good tackle and should never have been a foul.

Boyota's tackle was a foul and a yellow card. In this day and age you are not allowed to come in from behind whether you win the ball or not.

Nasri was probably fractionally offside, but it was an unlucky decision.

As for City they looked good. They have bough well and Jovetic is going to be class. Kompany solid at the back and if the first choice midfield was there it would have been fine. Like Last year though, I think you have TOO MANY top strikers and they are not going to get enough games, which means they won't be as sharp as they should be. I don't see the point of buying Negredo when you had Dzeko, Jovetic and Aguero to play as the main man.

As for Bayern, I think they should be very worried with Pep's plans. Lahm is arguably the best crosser of the ball in the world, but instead of bombing down the right to provide an overlap he was virtually playing in the middle.

Muller is class, but he is not a central striker. He was wasted as the 'false 9' and only came into his own in the second half.

Playing Thiago is just pointless and he should be dropped for a more creative player.

What more does Shaqiri have to do, to get a starting spot?

Martinez is too slow and not comfortable at centre back. With the high line Bayern will be exposed.

Bayern are just like Barcelona without Messi, City had key players missing and should have won this match. This is worrying, because City are not as far along their preaseason.

When the opponent parks the bus like City did the first half you need Müller and a striker. It did not look different yesterday in the first half with Pizarro - even less fluid. The mechanisms have to work better, too - but that is just the beginning. Müller with Mandzukic and their interchanging worked always very well in the box - now it is others and more persons that have to act, too. Problem is that you loose all the fluidity and a lot of the danger when you put out Müller - but somehow an additional striker comes handy, too. But then Guardiola has to pull out somebody else.

Martinez and Dante played together the second time after yesterday - and yesterday they did not have any problems. They both are new in training, too. But in my eyes Boateng has to play when you play with such a high line.

Pep's plans are ok. The matches in the CL were much more open than they have been in the first half and how they are in the Bundesliga. The opponents usually park the bus and are well organized. We are keeping the wing play but in the test matches you have seen a lot playing through the middle, too. But everything takes time.

Shaqiri can be very sloppy with the ball - than he looses a lot balls in difficult situations. And he is not really good in tracking back or does not have the overview over the match too much. Actually - he is best when substituted in. I seldom have seen a very good match when he played from the start. But yes, his offensive actions are very good. But - there is Ribery, Robben, Müller, Kroos, Thiago and soon Götze...

Thiago should very good beginnings. You need to give him time, too.

Yesterday Martinez did have trouble. Just, because no goals did no result from it does not mean he did not make a number of mistakes. His lack of pace was exposed and he misjudged a number of high balls.

If you need more players in the box, then why did Pep start with just Muller? Muller was terrible until Mandzukic came on and he moved to the right.

Pep's tactics work, because of the quality of the players, rather than anything he is doing right. His tactics so far have Martinez, Lahm, Muller and Schweinsteiger all underperforming and not being utilised properly. The team is very fragile to the counter attack.

Shaqiri is 21, of course he needs to improve, but the only real weakness is his lack of tracking back.

SWP's back said:
lancs blue said:
mammutly said:

Thank you.
Yes you have just been backed up by someone that didn't see a difference to how we played under Mancini. Great.

So his opinion on the style of play automatically negates all his opinions? Interesting idea!

bayern always lucky, last time against barcelona they scored 2 illegal goals, ribery and robben both actors who always looking for fouls and goes on the ground too easily.

I think this coming season is the last season for PEP for bayern because they are going to loose everything in this year even clothes........ hehehe !

Also, City needs to decide which player will be the leading player for them for every competition like Barcelona have Messi.

then make the team around that player and deploy tactics as well.

I Always prefer play maker to be chosen in this criteria, and only one is SILVA.

Give him core central role, and move player around him, like Jovetic nasri Dzeko Navas Aguero Negredo, then the outcome will be positive.

We still Need one more play maker who can play in any area like wide center or front, in this scenario i think di maria would be the ideal choice. City should go for him cos bale is going there so they don't need him any more put 25M and grab him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.