Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

Caveman said:
George Hannah said:
bayern blade said:
You all know bloody well you would have been screaming for a pen if it was the other way round. It was a penalty, every time.
the best team lost, thanks to the ref, and all you lot know it. Pep wants to turn you into a wingless, strikerless and totally toothless version of Barca, and you still think he's on your side!
I wouldn't say the best team lost, the team that created the most chances lost but they totally bossed possession.
Only in the first 35 minutes and they did so without creating any real chances after the Muller one in the first few minutes. Possession without goal threats is what proved Barca's undoing in the CL last season. Our short spells of possession produced three good chances in the first half. In the second we had equal possession and created all the chances. The penalty decision was a joke and it turned the game but we should still not have been beaten. Dzeko missed a sitter in the last minute.

bayern blade said:
MCC said:
bayern blade said:
It was a blatant penalty. Surely anyone would say if their side wasn't given that they'd be on the barricades !

A good game, Kompany was immense for City (German tv gave him Man of the Match), Müller was class for us. I thought we deserved to win, we looked sharp first half, but the result was irrelevant, it was a good test against a good side and we look as though we'll be ready when the season starts.
Just back from the game. Didn't see the handball but correct to give vinny mom. Bayern shaded it and deserved to win. Lot's of positives for us too.

I agree with that, I thought we edged it but it was a good workout for two very good teams.
I'm not going to argue anymore about the pen, I'm just happy that it was a good test.

Are you not worried that the City B team created so many chances against you? We are weeks away from ready and we played a centre half who hasn't started for 2 years, and 4 new players who have not anything like bedded in yet. And no Silva nor Aguero. No Yaya for 45 minutes.

And we were away. In your stadium, with your fans, and a German referee who gave us NOTHING, and constantly favoured Bayern.

And you played your strongest possible side. And despite all that, you managed to only just scrape a win with a dodgy penalty.

Mancity1980 said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
I think the biggest thing, intentionally or not was the ball came back into the pitch instead of going behind goal for a corner. Had it gone over the line I think a NORMAL ref would have given corner over penalty.

I still don't agree with either offside call. If you have to nit pick it, slow it down, zoom in, zoom out, suck cock. Then it's not an offside.

I don't disagree with the content of what you say, it was more your choice of words ands username that caught my attention.

blue b4 the moon said:
Media gonna hate.

We should have won tonight against a so called fitter team who are CL champs on their own pitch and we would have apart from the German Howard Webb and his iffy linesman.

We are shaping up to kick some serious ass this season.

Did u nick that german howard webb from me mate?

1.618034 said:
Good performance. The result is irrelevant. They were always going to get a decision to get them back in the game and a few to keep us out of it, but still it's irrelevant really. We got absolutely nothing from the officials but really did anyone expect anything different against the german rags...?

Panti; Did really well, pulled off a few good saves. Great back up to Hart, glad we kept him. I wouldn't be fazed if we had to rely on him as a regular starter.

Zaba: Solid, unlucky with the penalty. But it has to be said that he's always got one of them in him... Didn't get forward like Micah did last night but he had a lot more defending to do v a good Bayern team.

Vinnie: Immense. God help us if we lose him.

Boyata: Did well esp considering he hasn't really played at the top level for 2 years or so. Forgot he was even an option. Good management to play him alongside Vinnie... But we still could do with someone else in at CB.

Clichy: Did ok. Couldn't quite believe I saw him try a shot with his right foot!? Needs more game time but he'll be right.

Fernandinho: Still going under the radar regards being talked about amongst our new signings but quite impressed with him as he's unfussy when defending but can deliver good balls in the opponent's half.. Think he's a great addition.

Milner: Had a great game defensively first half and also got some got crosses in. Will be important for us...

Barry: Did a lot of his usual mopping up while we were under the cosh... Solid as ever.

Nasri. Great to see him (and Silva) being used more centrally where he does his best work. But Silva starts big games when fit.

Jovetic: Didn't really get in the game as we were defending for our lives while he was on. But a couple of great touches so looking forward to seeing more of him.

Negredo: Obviously missed a few chances but more than made up for it with his work rate and strength which eventually got him a great goal. I like him.

Yaya: Got us going forward more by linking with the forwards and carrying the ball... No surprises. Needs to shed a few pounds though to be back to his very best.

Dzeko: Probably should've scored but did well again...

Navas: Best 'til last... Very excited about this guy. Pace to burn. Keeps possession really well and delivers beauties for the strikers to get on the end of. Hallelujah! He will scare the shit out of most, if not all, teams in the Premier League.

All in all very happy with progress.
Very good assessment that, mate.

supercrystal7 said:
If you stick your hand up in the air, even it is unintentional, the rules state that it is regarded as 'deliberate' when playing in Germany against the German champions under the control of a German official in a tournament sponsored by a German car manufacturer

Decent conclusion that.

SWP's back said:
lancs blue said:
SWP's back said:
Yes you have just been backed up by someone that didn't see a difference to how we played under Mancini. Great.
So his opinion on the style of play automatically negates all his opinions? Interesting idea!
No I just think he is being contrary due to his um-bridge at the decisions taken by the board a few months back. Like PB did when Hughes was sacked.
What's he got? I'd take umbrage at that suggestion if I were him.

First game I've seen so far this pre-season, can't believe how loud I shouted when Negredo put one past the German rags. Navas is sensational, pace to burn or what? Fernandinho is a quality addition, as are Negredo and Jovatic - pleased overall, resilient and showed quality which will serve us well in the CL. Overall, good game, played Blues (esp Milner & Vinnie)

So we've got a bit of time for fine tuning before the Arsenal game then a pointless break for international friendlies and then we get going for real.
Let's hope Pellers has seen enough to know his starting eleven against the Barcodes and we don't pick up any injuries.

Bayern looked as boring as Guardiola´s Barca at times (which of course does not mean, they won´t be successful with that type of football)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.