Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

Caveman said:
George Hannah said:
bayern blade said:
You all know bloody well you would have been screaming for a pen if it was the other way round. It was a penalty, every time.
the best team lost, thanks to the ref, and all you lot know it. Pep wants to turn you into a wingless, strikerless and totally toothless version of Barca, and you still think he's on your side!
I wouldn't say the best team lost, the team that created the most chances lost but they totally bossed possession.
Did Barcelona totally boss possession against Bayern last year and lose 7-0 on aggregate?

George Hannah said:
bayern blade said:
pudge said:
If you learned the rules first then maybe you could pass judgement on them
You all know bloody well you would have been screaming for a pen if it was the other way round. It was a penalty, every time.
the best team lost, thanks to the ref, and all you lot know it. Pep wants to turn you into a wingless, strikerless and totally toothless version of Barca, and you still think he's on your side!
With Madrid possibly going to drop Ozil, one of the best players in the world and Pep's 'tactics'; it's almost like Spain have concocted a secret plan to destroy Germany for the world cup.

Disagree with you on the decisions though. Boyata took the man before the ball. In the past these may have been allowed, but now days usually result in a freekick at least and probably a yellow.

The pen was correct too. Football is all about the interpretation of the rules. If you stick your hand up in the air, then it is regarded as 'deliberate'.

supercrystal7 said:
George Hannah said:
bayern blade said:
With Madrid possibly going to drop Ozil, one of the best players in the world and Pep's 'tactics'; it's almost like Spain have concocted a secret plan to destroy Germany for the world cup.

Disagree with you on the decisions though. Boyata took the man before the ball. In the past these may have been allowed, but now days usually result in a freekick at least and probably a yellow.

The pen was correct too. Football is all about the interpretation of the rules. If you stick your hand up in the air, then it is regarded as 'deliberate'.
You must look a right awkward bastard when you jump for a header

Great work-out for the lads and most did themselves justice. Thought Boyata did very well and Negredo looks up for it. Fernandinho was much better as well.
Another couple of weeks with the players and MP should have them raring to go.

MOTM- Jimmy Milner.

supercrystal7 said:
Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:
First comments on the decisions.

For me it was a pen. The rules say the handball has to be deliberate, but this does not mean you have to be trying to handle the ball. If your arm is in an unnatural position then the pen can be given. I would have given a pen every time for that.

Milner's tackle on Robben was a good tackle and should never have been a foul.

Boyota's tackle was a foul and a yellow card. In this day and age you are not allowed to come in from behind whether you win the ball or not.

Nasri was probably fractionally offside, but it was an unlucky decision.

As for City they looked good. They have bough well and Jovetic is going to be class. Kompany solid at the back and if the first choice midfield was there it would have been fine. Like Last year though, I think you have TOO MANY top strikers and they are not going to get enough games, which means they won't be as sharp as they should be. I don't see the point of buying Negredo when you had Dzeko, Jovetic and Aguero to play as the main man.

As for Bayern, I think they should be very worried with Pep's plans. Lahm is arguably the best crosser of the ball in the world, but instead of bombing down the right to provide an overlap he was virtually playing in the middle.

Muller is class, but he is not a central striker. He was wasted as the 'false 9' and only came into his own in the second half.

Playing Thiago is just pointless and he should be dropped for a more creative player.

What more does Shaqiri have to do, to get a starting spot?

Martinez is too slow and not comfortable at centre back. With the high line Bayern will be exposed.

Bayern are just like Barcelona without Messi, City had key players missing and should have won this match. This is worrying, because City are not as far along their preaseason.

When the opponent parks the bus like City did the first half you need Müller and a striker. It did not look different yesterday in the first half with Pizarro - even less fluid. The mechanisms have to work better, too - but that is just the beginning. Müller with Mandzukic and their interchanging worked always very well in the box - now it is others and more persons that have to act, too. Problem is that you loose all the fluidity and a lot of the danger when you put out Müller - but somehow an additional striker comes handy, too. But then Guardiola has to pull out somebody else.

Martinez and Dante played together the second time after yesterday - and yesterday they did not have any problems. They both are new in training, too. But in my eyes Boateng has to play when you play with such a high line.

Pep's plans are ok. The matches in the CL were much more open than they have been in the first half and how they are in the Bundesliga. The opponents usually park the bus and are well organized. We are keeping the wing play but in the test matches you have seen a lot playing through the middle, too. But everything takes time.

Shaqiri can be very sloppy with the ball - than he looses a lot balls in difficult situations. And he is not really good in tracking back or does not have the overview over the match too much. Actually - he is best when substituted in. I seldom have seen a very good match when he played from the start. But yes, his offensive actions are very good. But - there is Ribery, Robben, Müller, Kroos, Thiago and soon Götze...

Thiago should very good beginnings. You need to give him time, too.

Yesterday Martinez did have trouble. Just, because no goals did no result from it does not mean he did not make a number of mistakes. His lack of pace was exposed and he misjudged a number of high balls.

If you need more players in the box, then why did Pep start with just Muller? Muller was terrible until Mandzukic came on and he moved to the right.

Pep's tactics work, because of the quality of the players, rather than anything he is doing right. His tactics so far have Martinez, Lahm, Muller and Schweinsteiger all underperforming and not being utilised properly. The team is very fragile to the counter attack.

Shaqiri is 21, of course he needs to improve, but the only real weakness is his lack of tracking back.
Don't forget, is only pre-season and he will be thing out all sorts of different things while he learns all about his team and what works with them.

Out of interest, did you want Heynkes to be sacked/stood down?

Good performance. The result is irrelevant. They were always going to get a decision to get them back in the game and a few to keep us out of it, but still it's irrelevant really. We got absolutely nothing from the officials but really did anyone expect anything different against the german rags...?

Panti; Did really well, pulled off a few good saves. Great back up to Hart, glad we kept him. I wouldn't be fazed if we had to rely on him as a regular starter.

Zaba: Solid, unlucky with the penalty. But it has to be said that he's always got one of them in him... Didn't get forward like Micah did last night but he had a lot more defending to do v a good Bayern team.

Vinnie: Immense. God help us if we lose him.

Boyata: Did well esp considering he hasn't really played at the top level for 2 years or so. Forgot he was even an option. Good management to play him alongside Vinnie... But we still could do with someone else in at CB.

Clichy: Did ok. Couldn't quite believe I saw him try a shot with his right foot!? Needs more game time but he'll be right.

Fernandinho: Still going under the radar regards being talked about amongst our new signings but quite impressed with him as he's unfussy when defending but can deliver good balls in the opponent's half.. Think he's a great addition.

Milner: Had a great game defensively first half and also got some got crosses in. Will be important for us...

Barry: Did a lot of his usual mopping up while we were under the cosh... Solid as ever.

Nasri. Great to see him (and Silva) being used more centrally where he does his best work. But Silva starts big games when fit.

Jovetic: Didn't really get in the game as we were defending for our lives while he was on. But a couple of great touches so looking forward to seeing more of him.

Negredo: Obviously missed a few chances but more than made up for it with his work rate and strength which eventually got him a great goal. I like him.

Yaya: Got us going forward more by linking with the forwards and carrying the ball... No surprises. Needs to shed a few pounds though to be back to his very best.

Dzeko: Probably should've scored but did well again...

Navas: Best 'til last... Very excited about this guy. Pace to burn. Keeps possession really well and delivers beauties for the strikers to get on the end of. Hallelujah! He will scare the shit out of most, if not all, teams in the Premier League.

All in all very happy with progress.

lancs blue said:
SWP's back said:
lancs blue said:
Thank you.
Yes you have just been backed up by someone that didn't see a difference to how we played under Mancini. Great.

So his opinion on the style of play automatically negates all his opinions? Interesting idea!
No I just think he is being contrary due to his um-bridge at the decisions taken by the board a few months back. Like PB did when Hughes was sacked.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
I think the biggest thing, intentionally or not was the ball came back into the pitch instead of going behind goal for a corner. Had it gone over the line I think a NORMAL ref would have given corner over penalty.

I still don't agree with either offside call. If you have to nit pick it, slow it down, zoom in, zoom out, suck cock. Then it's not an offside.

I don't disagree with the content of what you say, it was more your choice of words ands username that caught my attention.

All round impressive performance. Bayern are one week away from their season and we are still some way off them, and apart from them having the ball, we defended so well. Kompany was colossal, Boyata did well too, the tackle he made that the ref wrongly booked him for was superb. Zaba had a rare off game, positionally he struggled, but I put that partially down to the very good movement of Ribery.

Barry being replaced at half time by Yaya shows how much he can limit us in terms of pace in he middle. He is a good squad player, but his time in the big games may have gone unfortunately. Nasri looked creative with crosses and through balls and I think if he played centrally more than wide, he would be even more lethal in those positions. Milner did what Milner does and you can never complain about the lad.

Navas is quality. That's all that needs to be said about him. Jovetic looks technically very good and looks like a perfect number 10 and I think he will be pushing Aguero for that place off the striker. Negredo is your typical goalscorer. Although he missed a couple of chances, the fact he was there and in that position and posing an aerial threat, which is something we have lacked, is encouraging. He also took his goal very well, showing he has a bit of pace about him an all!

Ultimately robbed by the ref, but very encouraging performance. Can't wait for Newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.