Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

bayern blade said:
Harlaching Sky Blue said:
German Commentary was funny..

Firstly at half time the bearded garden dwarf Paul Breitner called us Man U***** not once but twice, the interviewer grimaced embarrassingly.

Secondly, the commentator - who I am assuming was Alan Von Partridge - went mental at Boyatas tackle, saying it shouldnt be done in preseason games. Christian Ziege calmly stated that he got the ball and there was nowt wrong with it. The commentator then tried woefully backtrack to get out of what he had said.

The product placement was absolute cringeworthy, two asian "fans" were "selected" to do answer an interview at halftime. Asked what they thought of Bayern, they said, "smooth, strong and powerful, just like an Audi Car" whilst wearing Audi scarves!!!...(anyone remember "sprunt"??)

Really wanted to guage my eyes out. Those who slag off the Sky Sports commentators, be aware it could be worse!!

Tbf the same bloke said Kompany was man of the match so he wasn't THAT biased.

I saw that ! I wondered what the f##k was going on !

The BT Sport commentary was amateurish, too. I had to laugh when one of the Bayern players went down and the trainer was pouring a clear liquid on to the injured foot.

"What are they putting on there, Owen (Hargreaves)?"
"Ohh, that'll be ice ..... or frozen water!"

kenzie115 said:
Bayern are 2 weeks ahead in terms of preparation as their season starts next week, they played a stronger side, they played 6 midfielders and we played 4 and their manager is this bloke called Pep whose teams like to keep the ball and people are worried about us losing out on possession?

That was always going to happen as soon as the teams were announced, the important thing was we were organised and limited their goalscoring opportunities. Kompany was immense, especially when defending crosses.

When we introduced an extra midfielder we looked much better in the second half. We also introduced our best midfielder, this obviously helped with retaining the ball and we had Navas who provided a real threat on the break.

We had more and better chances and should have taken them, Negredo and to a lesser extent Dzeko just had an off night in front of goal.

Given it was just a friendly played 24 hours after another friendly I'm happy. Does anyone think we'd really start with 2 strikers away to Bayern in a proper match?

Going off Pellegrini saying he wants to play attacking football its a possibility.Maybe he will compromise by playing someone like jovetic behind the main striker.

kenzie115 said:
Bayern are 2 weeks ahead in terms of preparation as their season starts next week, they played a stronger side, they played 6 midfielders and we played 4 and their manager is this bloke called Pep whose teams like to keep the ball and people are worried about us losing out on possession?

That was always going to happen as soon as the teams were announced, the important thing was we were organised and limited their goalscoring opportunities. Kompany was immense, especially when defending crosses.

When we introduced an extra midfielder we looked much better in the second half. We also introduced our best midfielder, this obviously helped with retaining the ball and we had Navas who provided a real threat on the break.

We had more and better chances and should have taken them, Negredo and to a lesser extent Dzeko just had an off night in front of goal.

Given it was just a friendly played 24 hours after another friendly I'm happy. Does anyone think we'd really start with 2 strikers away to Bayern in a proper match?
No, it would be suicidal.

I thought last night was perfect.

Just the sort of result a d performance that was good enough to give us hope that we can cope on the European stage, but bad enough to give us a reality check that we're still a bit of a way off being the best.

Pepe is one of the steps we must take.

kenzie115 said:

Exactly and, as a Bayern supporter, that is my view as well. Of course I'm happy that we won, we all want to win every game, but if it had been a competitive game both sides would have approached it differently. Neither side would have had a hard work out the evening before, both would have shown a bit more caution, both (by the time the CL comes around) would have far more idea of the best formation etc etc.

When it comes down to it it was a pre-season friendly and for both teams it was extremely valuable. Far better to have a hard test like that than thrashing the likes of Cottbus or Crewe by about ten goals. I'm sure Guardiola and Pellegrini will both have taken plenty positives from the game.

Im REALLY looking forward to the new season - I think we are getting stronger,fitter,better with each pre season game we play (which is how it should be, I know). But all 4 of our new signings look very good, and I think will only get better still, the more they integrate with the team. I can't decide which of the 4 have impressed me the most yet - probably Navas, just.
The other positive is the performances of last seasons whipping boys Dzeko and Nasri look like they have a new lease of life, and I think they will both have big parts to play this season.

Yes, we were overran for the first half an hour last night, but I think that was as much to do with us not being able to keep the ball for more than 2 passes, as it was to do with Bayern's brilliance. Given their first half dominance, I was pleased with our defensive shape and performance - they didnt have that many clear cut chances, and we probably created as many good chances as they did.

The jury is out for me on Boyata - he did a couple of things really well, including that tackle which he got booked for (homer ref), but he also did a couple of things that were just not good enough, including misjudging the flight of the ball for their 2nd goal.

Maybe its just the optimist in me (part of the DNA of being a blue), but cant wait for the new season to start.
Bring it on

willy eckerslike said:
bayern blade said:
Harlaching Sky Blue said:
German Commentary was funny..

Firstly at half time the bearded garden dwarf Paul Breitner called us Man U***** not once but twice, the interviewer grimaced embarrassingly.

Secondly, the commentator - who I am assuming was Alan Von Partridge - went mental at Boyatas tackle, saying it shouldnt be done in preseason games. Christian Ziege calmly stated that he got the ball and there was nowt wrong with it. The commentator then tried woefully backtrack to get out of what he had said.

The product placement was absolute cringeworthy, two asian "fans" were "selected" to do answer an interview at halftime. Asked what they thought of Bayern, they said, "smooth, strong and powerful, just like an Audi Car" whilst wearing Audi scarves!!!...(anyone remember "sprunt"??)

Really wanted to guage my eyes out. Those who slag off the Sky Sports commentators, be aware it could be worse!!

Tbf the same bloke said Kompany was man of the match so he wasn't THAT biased.

I saw that ! I wondered what the f##k was going on !

The BT Sport commentary was amateurish, too. I had to laugh when one of the Bayern players went down and the trainer was pouring a clear liquid on to the injured foot.

"What are they putting on there, Owen (Hargreaves)?"
"Ohh, that'll be ice ..... or frozen water!"
Hargreaves was absolutely shit. He didn't even realise or mention that that first half team was significantly under strength, and that was a huge factor in the way we played. To say he played for us a short while ago, I thought that to be incredible.

benno74 said:
Im REALLY looking forward to the new season - I think we are getting stronger,fitter,better with each pre season game we play (which is how it should be, I know). But all 4 of our new signings look very good, and I think will only get better still, the more they integrate with the team. I can't decide which of the 4 have impressed me the most yet - probably Navas, just.
The other positive is the performances of last seasons whipping boys Dzeko and Nasri look like they have a new lease of life, and I think they will both have big parts to play this season.

Yes, we were overran for the first half an hour last night, but I think that was as much to do with us not being able to keep the ball for more than 2 passes, as it was to do with Bayern's brilliance. Given their first half dominance, I was pleased with our defensive shape and performance - they didnt have that many clear cut chances, and we probably created as many good chances as they did.

The jury is out for me on Boyata - he did a couple of things really well, including that tackle which he got booked for (homer ref), but he also did a couple of things that were just not good enough, including misjudging the flight of the ball for their 2nd goal.

Maybe its just the optimist in me (part of the DNA of being a blue), but cant wait for the new season to start.
Bring it on
We were overrun early on because they had their strongest team out and we had more or less a reserve team. But we still contained them well and created chances. Not concerned about that at all. There are games in Europe where you come under the cosh for spells. Bayern away is certainly one of them. The key is to be solid and to look to counter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.