Bayern Munich Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1107122_Manchester_City.jpg

1107123_Manchester_City.jpg

No Fernando is a woman

The Allianz is no place to experiment with untried players and untested formations.

We need to be at 100% from the very beginning and control the pace of the game as much as possible, which means slowing it down at times. We can win this game if the attitude and discipline is right.

if bayern were to play the same team that started the season, it would be fanciable. But now with alonso in, they are much stronger b/c its a proper back 3 with 2 CD and a DM dropping in between rather than the strange lineup Pep had with a LB at CB.

I reckon Manuel will opt for

Hart
Sagna Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Milner Fernandinho
Navas Yaya Silva
Dzeko

Been reading that Bayern don't look great recently, but still a side full of world class players, here's hoping we can get a good result.

Hart
Sagna Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Lampard Dinho
Silva Toure Milner
Aguero

Caballero, Clichy, Mangala, Boyata, Nasri, Navas, Dzeko

Bayern:

Caballero
Sagna - Kompany - Demichelis - Clichy
Yaya Toure - Fernandinho
Navas - Silva - Milner
Dzeko

Chelsea:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Mangala - Kolarov
Yaya Toure - Fernandinho
Silva - Aguero - Nasri
Dzeko

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Bayern:

Caballero
Sagna - Kompany - Demichelis - Clichy
Yaya Toure - Fernandinho
Navas - Silva - Milner
Dzeko

Chelsea:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Mangala - Kolarov
Yaya Toure - Fernandinho
Silva - Aguero - Nasri
Dzeko

I think this will be the teams for both games.

Think Bayern will play...
Neuer
Boateng Dante Alaba
Lahm Rode Alonso Bernat
Muller Ribbery
Lewandoski

If Pep play that incredibly high line we'll get chances.

We have trouble tho when we are pressed at high tempo, Arsenal did this for 20 minutes yesterday and we were just looking for the ball and kept losing it. Luckily they could hold their pressing up it is tiring as hell thats when we started to be more comfortable on thre ball a bit.

Bayern is no Arsenal tho, they are at home and probably think this game is crucial for them to have a chance for finish top of the group and they are right in that just like we would make an important step with a win here. Getting trough tonext stage is great but 1st place and 2nd place can give you an easy opponent/very hard opponent next round. Real/Barca/Atletico all looking to finish 1st in their group maybe Dortmund too, if we are first we are 100% avoid them. If only 2nd then with Platini its more of 100% we get them.

But this is a sick group with Roma, we dont have lot of chances to make mistakes and still survive, this is where mistakes punished easily and we know from 2011-12 and 2012-13 group stages, hope we learnt of those situations.

We played away games to Bayern already, so we know what to expect from them. Dont like that both times we went 2-0 behind, last time we turned around very well only to find out we didnt know the goal difference rules...

Another problem can be is Pellegrini cant be near to the bench or team at HT, but in these big games every 10 minutes you need to change formation, players, who to track more etc...

I dont expect to win, but I hope we will not be total underdogs and lose 2-0 or 3-1. That would be dissapointing. Bayern is world class team, Guardiola maybe changing them to a strange direction but he has tons of CL experience won it a few times too, and he knows too that 1st place of this group is very valuable.

I expect Roma to beat CSKA away, so next round City-Roma is crucial to win if we drop any points in Munich.

Only strategy we can beat Bayern is counter attack, finish the few chances we have and defend extremely well. I dont think our defending is really great vs top teams, we conceded 5 goals vs them last season in two CL games.

Start again with a midfield duo and they will just dominate the shit out of us big time. Guardiola likes if his team has the ball 90% posession, it wont be this much of course, but 75-25 is not impossible even vs us from them. Its gonna be a long game, we have to be 100% ready mentally.

Dont know how rotation goes as the 3 hard games we are in needs some rotation for sure. Wouldnt play Zabaleta 3 times so when Sagna starts vs Bayern or Chelsea? Will Kolarov start? I would throw in Mangala but it seems like he will only start vs Wednesday but wonder can an old Demichelis play 3 intense games like these in a row.
Fernando hopefully makes a magic comeback from injury if not it has to be Fernandinho-Milner-Yaya trio with Lampard on bench to have at least one CM option on bench.

Silva, Aguero surely starts, I would go with Navas with this one. And would really think on Caballero too, I dont trust Hart very much.

I always have faith in city getting a win .. Come on boys we need to improve and start grinding out results !

Also could you please all sign this petition or someone please start a new topic for it as i dont know how to . Every signiture could make the difference ! Thank you

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-nancys-home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-nancys-home</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.