Be honest were you there?

I was there. Put the double page spread from the evening news on some cardboard and pinned it up on my wall for ages. Huddersfields kit was fooking horrible as well.

Yep, on the Kippax that day and for the mid week Full Members cup tie v Plymouth the Wednesday after. We won that 6-1 and Adcock scored another hatrick after getting 3 v Hudd as well. I'm sure Lakey will remember that game, I think he might have got a couple of goals?

Armitage said:
I wasn't there, but I was there on December 8th 1998, with my then partner. Was anyone else part of the 3,007?

What game was this? Wasn't Mansfield by any chance? The lowest attendance at Maine Road? We lost 2-1 or 2-0? If so I was there, was my first ever game, what a twat my Dad is for taking me to that one :) Tickets musta been cheap :P

keemanan said:
Only game I missed that season , because of a fukin woman!

Me 2, i was seeing girl from Brum at the time and as she had been at mine all week and i was playing footie on Sunday morning, i decided to drive her home on Saturday as we were only playing Huddesfield......

It was only when i got back into GMR area that i picked up the match on the car radio and i think it was at 6.......and i was royally pissed off at that.......when i think it was Whitey broke through for the 10th, i was yelling at the top of my voice in the car and nearly drove the car off the M62 when it went in.....a strange feeling of euphoria and being totally pissed off at the same time.

I vowed there and then to never ever, let a woman come between my true love again!!

I was there as I had a season ticket and didn't miss any games, home and away, for a few years before and after.

At the time I was at Manchester Uni, living in Whitworth park and I managed to persuade one of my flatmates, a Brighton fan, to come with me. On the day of the game he nearly ducked out because he had a hangover but I dragged him along with the promise that I'd go to a Brighton away game 'oop north' with him.

Needless to say he was eternally grateful, and still is to this day whenever I speak to him.

Standing on the grass bank away end at Springfield Park for Wigan vs Brighton was slightly less rewarding. I've never thanked him once for taking me.

I was there. Season ticket in the Kippax. Must have fallen over about 6 times during that game in the mass bounce. When Whitey scored the tenth i just stood there, arms aloft and tears in my eyes. AWESOME!

I was there for both Huddersfield and Mansfield.

Does anyone remember a match about that time against the Danish u21 national team. It had a young Peter Schmeichel in nets

In the kippax, top of the nearest two tunnles to the north stand, 8 years old, got in their early for some reason and got the best view in the kippax, where the bloke with the city flat cap coverd in badges would stand. At the junior blues meeting the next day the showed all the goals again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.