Be honest were you there?

My uncle got my dad & I tickets in the Main Stand. As a ten year old from near Huddersfield, that was my first ever trip to Maine Road and I've been a City fan ever since - what a glory seeker!

I was there sttod in windy corner under the overhang of the North Stand roof sheltering from the rain.

Top day strange thing was until 25 mins in it looked like we were going to be beaten.

you mean this game?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKoEJF_BcvM[/youtube]

what was may doing celebrating? its 10-1 surely you get your head down and say nothing to nobody?
thats like celebrating a 5-a-side goal. lol

I had just moved to Chorlton from Platt Lane and hadn't quite gotten used to not leaving the house at quarter to three.

Was waiting ages at the bus stop and was just about to sack it when I saw a bus coming up the road. Got in the ground at about 3.20 and we were 1-0 up. Figured I had probably already missed the only goal of the game.

I recall Andy May bowing in front of the Kippax after putting away their pen.

Remember, remember member
When, when City scored 10.

Mr.Banks said:
bluwilpgs said:
Yes. All the blues who I used to go to games with were on a stag do in Ireland and I was on my own. Stood in the Kippax and we were so bad in the first 20 minutes that the guy next to me said he was leaving! Never found out if he was out of the ground before the first went in.

My mates got into Dublin on the Saturday evening after a ferry crossing and were gutted when they found the TV rental shop with the results scrolling with 10 (Ten) after Manchester City.

Bizarrely, this glamour fixture was shown on Match of the Day that night and Malcolm Macdonald, the Huddersfield manager was complaining that the 7th and 8th were offside!

I think the following week at the Plymouth game on the Wednesday there were a total of six Plymouth fans.

I was at both too, wasn't the Plymouth game a Full members cup tie? Got a feeling it was a cup game of some description cos I had a season ticket in the north stand so was in there for the Huddersfield game and I was in the Maine stand for the Plymouth one.

I remember watching it on the tv later and Frank Worthington was the summariser, Martin Tyler said to him summat like: ' so Frank what did you think of Huddersfields performance today?'

Frank: ' 'Orrible!'

pissed myself!

and didn't Andy May score their penalty? City involved in all 11 goals.
and was it John Gidman who gave the penalty away?

Happy Days!!

It was Andy May/Gidman.

I was there with my mate & his dad inthe family stand, when it used to be in-between the Main Stand & Platt Lane stan.

I was only young & remember being amazed that we'd scored TEN goals in one game, but looking back, the thing that sticks with me is the after match interviews, which I must have seen on telly the next day or something, cos it looked absolutely pitch black in the stadium.

Aint it funny the things that stick with you when you're a kid!

BringBackSwales said:
Bombo said:
how many of you were at the 10-1 win against Huddersfield. There used to be about 8 of us who went together in them days but we had been playing shit just before this game and all my mates backed out for one reason or another.
A rag mate of mine came with me to the game to test out a fancy new camera he had just bought, I found the photos in a box the other day he gave them me after they were developed. Not seen them for years and it got me thinking about it. Even my rag mate was shouting for a tenth goal at the end, weren't you reggie.

Yes I was there, a load of us from the Birch Villa in Rusholme (what time is it? ten to three, time for another), we never used to see a kick off and from memory we got there about ten past/quarter past three and I am pretty sure we did not miss any of the goals. My dad (god rest his blue sole) was in MRI with a brain tumour and I went to see him that night and he never believed me that City had won 10-1!

No was working in Kuwait at the time. I had BBC world service on the radio for the final scores. There was a load of interference to the signal that day, I swear the only result that came through the crackling was Manchester City 10 Huddersfield 1. It cost me a fortune 'phoning home trying to get the result confirmed. The following week I met a Huddersfield fan, in Kuwait, who'd been to the match - he was gutted when I asked him to describe the goals.

"BringBackSwales" do you also remember "if you cann't get there for opening time - don't bother" - great days

BringBackSwales said:
Bombo said:
how many of you were at the 10-1 win against Huddersfield. There used to be about 8 of us who went together in them days but we had been playing shit just before this game and all my mates backed out for one reason or another.
A rag mate of mine came with me to the game to test out a fancy new camera he had just bought, I found the photos in a box the other day he gave them me after they were developed. Not seen them for years and it got me thinking about it. Even my rag mate was shouting for a tenth goal at the end, weren't you reggie.

Yes I was there, a load of us from the Birch Villa in Rusholme (what time is it? ten to three, time for another), we never used to see a kick off and from memory we got there about ten past/quarter past three and I am pretty sure we did not miss any of the goals. My dad (god rest his blue sole) was in MRI with a brain tumour and I went to see him that night and he never believed me that City had won 10-1!

No was working in Kuwait at the time. I had BBC world service on the radio for the final scores. There was a load of interference to the signal that day, I swear the only result that came through the crackling was Manchester City 10 Huddersfield 1. It cost me a fortune 'phoning home trying to get the result confirmed. The following week I met a Huddersfield fan, in Kuwait, who'd been to the match - he was gutted when I asked him to describe the goals.

"BringBackSwales" do you also remember "if you cann't get there for opening time - don't bother" - great days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.