Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

Re: Bellamy on his future

blueprint said:
Chick Counterfly said:
he was lost to this club from the moment they hung hughes out to dry.

he is a big personality alright, but it's no good if he doesn't love the club in the same way any more. he has a lot of heart but it doesn't belong to MCFC, he'll never forgive them. he'll keep on working his socks off, but the antipathy will keep on seeping out of him, he'll unconciously contrive to do extremely unhelpful things, always at the worse possible moment, and he'll continue to do so, unless he can recognise what's going on, forgive and forget.

and he just aint that sort of guy.

Thats what most of us felt hurt acutely with Bellamy's performance (act of betrayal) at our home derby & his lovefest with 'Arry. That to me is tantamount to rubbing salt to our injury by the scums and spuds. The straw that broke the camel's back.

why dont you seem to mention the away derby and chelsea away game too , guess they were acts of betrayal too.

blueprint said:
Chick Counterfly said:

he was lost to this club from the moment they hung hughes out to dry.

he is a big personality alright, but it's no good if he doesn't love the club in the same way any more. he has a lot of heart but it doesn't belong to MCFC, he'll never forgive them. he'll keep on working his socks off, but the antipathy will keep on seeping out of him, he'll unconciously contrive to do extremely unhelpful things, always at the worse possible moment, and he'll continue to do so, unless he can recognise what's going on, forgive and forget.

and he just aint that sort of guy.

Thats what most of us felt hurt acutely with Bellamy's performance (act of betrayal) at our home derby & his lovefest with 'Arry. That to me is tantamount to rubbing salt to our injury by the scums and spuds. The straw that broke the camel's back.

The bottom line is that can we trust him to deliver the goods at a critical juncture.
He has Heart & Love for City? Nah! He was unfaithful with his liaison or lovefest with 'Arry at the worst possible moments. It looks like all this footie gerrymandering for first 25 squad at City is for the player to maintain match appearances and bonuses then.

bakchod said:
macmanson said:
Mancini admits Bellamy may have no place at City
By Soccernet staff

July 27, 2010

Roberto Mancini has admitted that Craig Bellamy may not make Manchester City's 25-man squad for the new Premier League season.

Craig Bellamy may be surplus to requirements

• Rules give Fergie a headache
• Woodgate to miss out on Spurs squad
• Rules force City to sell

Under new rules introduced this season, on September 1 Premier League clubs must name a squad of 25 players to represent the club until January. Eight of those players must have spent at least three years at an English or Welsh club before the age of 21, but an unlimited number of players under 21 can be used.

City are overloaded having continued their extravagant spending this summer, meaning some players will have to depart or risk spending the first half of the season sitting in the club's reserves.

Bellamy, who has been linked with a move to Tottenham, was in tremendous form last season for City but Mancini says there is no guarantee he will be part of the club's plans. Stephen Ireland, City's Player of the Year for the 2008-09 season, is also at risk.

"I have not decided anything about Stephen Ireland. It is up to him to prove himself to me," Mancini said in the Daily Express. "It is clear that some players are going to be left off that list. I am not sure yet if one of those will be Craig Bellamy."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810375&cc=5901

Notice the July 27th date, nearly 2 weeks ago. I've seen another version of the article where he also mentions RSC along with Bellamy as players he doubts will be in the final 25.

Bellamy didn't do anything the manager hasn't done. If you want the players to stop going to the press than our manager has to lead by example. However we all know he's silenting transfer listing these players as has already been stated in this thread. Platt was apparently brought in to be a go between with the players and Mancini because he has such a poor relationship with them.

if he is wise enough he will somehow get him in 25 but that remains to be seen.

I have my doubts as his personality is very much my way or the highway. By the time he left Inter it was rumored the players had been plotting to have him removed, even while he was creating "success" for them because of the divisive nature he created in the dressing room by taking sides and playing players off each other in order to "improve" competition. He was even involved in a press war with Inter's team doctor after claiming they weren't doing there job well enough and that is why his team suffered so many injuries.

This could be his undoing in the end. Mancini has talked a lot of preseason shit about teams running scared and winning the title but from the sounds of it we don't exactly have a unified team at the moment and I can see us struggling for form out of the gate this season. I still seeing us finishing top 4 but I see a long season of player discontent ahead.

bakchod said:
if he is wise enough he will somehow get him in 25 but that remains to be seen.

If Mancini is wise he should not. Bellamy has priors everywhere. Remember Bellamy has half the season to mitigate his relationship with City's management. He did not. This interview with Sky should be his exit interview.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footba...-to-prove-his-point-for-wales-91466-27037649/

Craig Bellamy determined to prove his point for Wales
Aug 11 2010 by Chris Wathan, Western Mail
CRAIG BELLAMY can be accused of many things.

Ducking the issue is not one of them.

Neither is his commitment to his country.

This evening the frustrated Wales captain aims to combine those two qualities to make his point.

“It’s the first pre-season in a number of years I’ve been fit but I’ve not been involved,” said the 31-year-old, more agitated than angry about the uncertainty over his future. “It’s a tough time to have a friendly, when you’re gearing yourself up for pre-season and then you go away from your club for the big kick-off. It is a bit strange.

“But I’ve been looking forward to this international because I want 90 minutes, a full 90 minutes. I’m desperate to play football – and it doesn’t look like I’ve got anything to save myself for.”

It’s why Bellamy is counting his blessings he stuck with his gut and hasn’t quit international football like Simon Davies did this week, leaving the 58-cap striker as the far and away the most experienced member of John Toshack’s squad.

And, while making a mark against minnows such as Luxembourg at Parc y Scarlets might be a bit lost on Roberto Mancini, there is at least a focus for the front man who has seen his club future thrown into doubt this pre-season.

“I wouldn’t say I’m unsettled,” he said after links with moves to here, there and everywhere and real doubts over his continued involvement at Eastlands. “But I do feel more unwanted than I’ve ever been.

“Whatever people think of me, I find myself in a situation that is hard to get my head around. I’ve come off the back of my best year in football – which is backed up by the stats – to be basically pushed to the side.”

Not so with Wales. Instead, he has been welcomed back into the fold having seen his international future called into question by Toshack after being left out for March’s friendly with Sweden.

He will wear the skipper’s armband in Llanelli tonight, as he will do against Montenegro in less than a month’s time when the real action begins.

So, while he clearly has plenty on his mind for the coming weeks – and got plenty off his chest yesterday – what this campaign means for Wales is still a massive issue.

So much so, he even hinted about the changes needed should the start to qualifying Wales need not be forthcoming.

“We’re at a stage that this is it for us,” said Bellamy on international matters, the national side having not come close to challenging since the Euro 2004 campaign. “The last few years have not been at the standard you’d expect, although you can’t say that because we’re Wales.

“But we know we can do much better than we have been doing. This campaign, for a lot of people, could be the last campaign. Whether that’s myself or the staff I don’t know, but something needs to happen this campaign. If it doesn’t then I’m sure a shake-up will happen.”

When pushed as to whether this was his last chance, Bellamy backed off – but admitted failure would demand change, be it players or management personnel.

“If I don’t play well enough the manager night look at a different option,” he pondered. “But we have to do something in this campaign, surely.

“Will you (the press) give us an easy ride if we don’t?

“I hope not because we have to do something, we have to be involved.

“We’ve been really well out of contention from qualifying way too early for too many years now.

“We’ve had a lot of players coming through, you have to acknowledge that, but they’re not so young any more now.

“We’ve had lots of injuries and losing Aaron Ramsey and Jack Collison is a big blow.

“But if we can start off in a positive manner we have a great chance.”

The plans to do that begin again in West Wales this evening, Toshack going with Bellamy and Gareth Bale out wide as he hands a first start to Millwall striker Steve Morison.

Toshack himself admits he’s fast running out of time to get a plan sorted – and Sam Vokes, Ched Evans plus Simon Church have all added to the unavailable list since Sunday, while Dave Edwards is now a real doubt.

But the period for excuses is really and truly fast coming to an end.

“You can’t tell me that with the likes of Gareth and me creating chances from wide we won’t cause problems,” added Bellamy, proving it’s difficult to argue with the argumentive Cardiffian. “But if we don’t start the campaign well it could be over very quickly.”

Bellamy believes Wales have a tough ask in the group, talking up the prospect of Montengro for the campaign as a whole rather than just next month’s opener in Podgorica.

But he concedes he will have plenty to deal with on a personal level before it all kicks off for real on September 3.

“No-one’s said anything to me, but I’m 31 and I know how ruthless this game can be. I don’t feel part of things and I can see what’s happening from a distance,” says Bellamy of his club situation. “I’ve had 80 minutes in pre-season and players not involved at the club for the past three years have had more, so you read between the lines.

“I feel more in the way than anything, I felt from everyone at the club that I’ve been pushed aside – and I’ll remember that.

“I want to stay there, but it’s about seeing what happens. Am I going to sit there for six months, training with the reserves, or do I go?”

But to where? He would not rule out Cardiff, and admitted a foreign move would prove problematic. Fulham?

“If you look at my form under Mark Hughes, I don’t just become a good player, I become one of the top players in the Premier League – that’s a fact. He gets a level out of me that Bobby Robson did, so do I want to play at that level. Definitely.

“I just have to look at every option I can, weigh up what’s best for me and my family, but it’s simple – if I get in the 25-man squad I don't have to do that because I can play football for the club I want to play football for.”

If he’s not, don’t expect him to duck the issue. And, however it turns out, it’s clear Wales have a man determined at just the right time.

Sounds like this interview was quite extensive. I'd like to get a transcript of it in it's entirety as there seems to be a lot of quote sampling going on in the various articles all trying to put a different spin on it.

Headlines like:

- Craig Bellamy's Manchester City Hell
- Craig Bellamy issues quite threat
- Craig Bellamy's Career Over?
- Out of Favor Bellamy Fears for Future
- Craig Bellamy: I'll quit if dumped by Manchester City
- Bellamy may quit if axed by Man City

All using similar quotes from the Sky interview.

macmanson said:
I have my doubts as his personality is very much my way or the highway. By the time he left Inter it was rumored the players had been plotting to have him removed, even while he was creating "success" for them because of the divisive nature he created in the dressing room by taking sides and playing players off each other in order to "improve" competition. He was even involved in a press war with Inter's team doctor after claiming they weren't doing there job well enough and that is why his team suffered so many injuries.

This could be his undoing in the end. Mancini has talked a lot of preseason shit about teams running scared and winning the title but from the sounds of it we don't exactly have a unified team at the moment and I can see us struggling for form out of the gate this season. I still seeing us finishing top 4 but I see a long season of player discontent ahead.

Could be, could be. Could be that it's not indefinitely sustainable. But it did work in the short/medium term, they were transformed from a perennial joke, an overpaid mismatched group of galacticos, into a hard edged unit that demanded respect. It seems entirely plausible to me, that the 'old' Inter might have failed to capitalise on the opportunities presented by Calciopoli.

Of course he was building on the work of Hodgson and (especially) Cuper, but over 10 years Inter have been transformed beyond all recognition.

I do hope he's refined his methods somewhat, but squabbling and winning is much better than being happy losers.

The danger for our club was always becoming the mid 90's Inter, or Real. Spending massive amounts, never getting value, never winning. Being a cash cow, a grotesque joke, is my vision of hell for this club. A ruthless streak might be just what we need right now.

This is the quote that I find the most worrying:

I felt from everyone at the club that I’ve been pushed aside – and I’ll remember that.

There have been rumours about plenty of our players being moved on this transfer window, Tevez, Kompany, NDJ, Ade, SWP and probably others but none of them has seen fit to come out with shit like this.

I like Bellamy as a player and no-one can possibly suggest he's not one of our best 25, but I find it hard to justify what he's done here.

You would think it would get easier seeing City's name dragged through the mud but it doesn't. This is very bad publicity and has come directly from a senior player. Unforgivable.

One day he might just decide to grow the fuck up. I won't be holding my breath though.

i just want craig to leave now.great player but too much gob on him. mancini has always played craig when fit and available and when hes been asked to train at certain times hes had blow ups with mancini over the fact he cant play twice a week and about how he should train. ok , so now mancini understands this and is careful not to over use him pre season. he leaves him out of valencia because he knows he will feature for wales and he needs him for spurs. but craig doesnt like this either and runs to the papers ?

i dont know, maybe mancini doesnt speak to him as often because craig hates him and hes trying to keep the peace. i have no doubt he would have been in the 25 but with his knees he wouldnt have had to play twice a week and risk injury. after this latest stunt if i was roberto i'd be lookoing to move him on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.