Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

Re: Bellamy on his future

indeed it is;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/11/craig-bellamy-manchester-city-outburst" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... y-outburst</a>
Craig Bellamy's complaints against his perceived treatment at Manchester City could cost him up to £190,000, with the club so angered by his version of events they are giving serious consideration to fining the player two weeks' wages.

Bellamy's grievance against Roberto Mancini, claiming they had not spoken for six months, has led to a mixture of bemusement and irritation behind the scenes, with the chief executive, Garry Cook, and the football administrator, Brian Marwood, meeting to discuss whether disciplinary action is necessary.

The club are refusing to comment but it is understood they are looking closely at the interviews yesterday, in which Bellamy complained of being "pushed aside" and it being a "situation I find hard to get my head around", claiming last season's commitment had gone unrewarded. "There's a number of players, like Carlos Tevez and me, who he [Mancini] doesn't speak to and keeps us away," he said. "He hasn't spoken to me since February. I don't know if it's personal – he is like that with a lot of players, so maybe that's his manner."

Mancini, who takes a hands-on role with training, rejects this allegation, pointing out it would be virtually unworkable to manage the team without talking to his players. However, Bellamy's assertion that he is "unwanted" looks correct, as he has been left out of the squad submitted to Uefa for the Europa League qualifier against Timisoara. Stephen Ireland, part of the £26m package that will see Aston Villa's James Milner move to City, Jô and David Silva are also left out, the latter to manage his post-World Cup workload, but Robinho has been included and is due back in Manchester tomorrow following his six-month loan with Santos.

The feeling at boardroom level is that Bellamy has not only been selective with the truth but has also displayed extreme nerve portraying himself as the victim when, in reality, his behaviour has been a source of concern within the club ever since Mancini replaced Mark Hughes in December.

Bellamy has clashed with Mancini about wanting an individually tailored training schedule because of his knee problems and was the subject of an internal investigation into comments he allegedly made in the tunnel after the home defeat by Everton. That was the occasion when Mancini clashed with the Everton manager David Moyes, and Bellamy allegedly shouted in support of Everton's manager. The Welshman denied it and with noise in the tunnel making it hard to gather evidence, they decided not to reprimand the forward.

City were also outraged when Bellamy high-fived Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham Hotspur manager, within minutes of the 1-0 defeat last May that ensured City would not be in the Champions League. Redknapp has been trying to sign Bellamy, and words such as "unprofessional" and "disrespectful" have been used among the City coaching staff. The view of City is that Bellamy has been cut a lot of slack,, rather than being the victim of what he described as a "ruthless" industry, and that if he was genuine about wanting to stay he has said exactly the wrong thing.

generally I agree, he makes himself out to be the victim of uncertainty but he was talking about other clubs he might join months ago.

Chick Counterfly said:
i have a feeling you would face certain difficulties fining an employee without first discussing it with them and their rep
but hey ho, get sucked into the media frenzy if you want

time will tell on that story, I routinely disbelieve the Mail, but there's nothing specific to prove it is bullshit.
seems ironic that you routinely disbelieve the mail, yet on this occasion will not countenance a lack of facts regarding the headline

Danamy said:
Care to tell me the examples of the lack of respect that Bellamy has shown towards him?

This is a two way street by the way......................

Well if the media are to be believed, (and you either do or you don't, and I don't) allegedly moaning to the media about having two training sessions a day for starters, only a couple of weeks after Mancini arrived. Did he not allegedly refuse to turn up at one point ? Like I say you either believe the media or you don't, and you shouldn't cherry pick what suits.

Bellamy might be a decent player, but he's also a well known petulant sod, he didn't appear to accept his new boss, once his mate had left, and his performances went down almost from that day. That's not media hype, its the evidence of my own eyes.

The Club are obviously briefing against Bellamy so that the fans will be glad to see the back of him.

Mancini's attitude to his players stinks. He's also an idiot for not recognising how important Bellamy is in that side. Bellamy was at the centre of everything good about the squad last year. We'll be getting rid of a real asset.

squirtyflower said:
Chick Counterfly said:
time will tell on that story, I routinely disbelieve the Mail, but there's nothing specific to prove it is bullshit.
seems ironic that you routinely disbelieve the mail, yet on this occasion will not countenance a lack of facts regarding the headline

you're getting me all wrong. this might sound like hindsight, but honestly, the phrase they used did strike me as suspicious, I did consider it being a bare faced lie or misinformation, but I figured they would have to have sourced the story from city, so the probability was that they were being dishonest in implying it was a sure thing. like you say the proper procedure is to put it to the employee and give them their right of reply before making a decision.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm --<br /><br />
Owain said:
The Club are obviously briefing against Bellamy so that the fans will be glad to see the back of him.

Mancini's attitude to his players stinks. He's also an idiot for not recognising how important Bellamy is in that side. Bellamy was at the centre of everything good about the squad last year. We'll be getting rid of a real asset.

haha, don't you think yesterday constitutes Bellamy briefing against Mancini?

honestly.

Chick Counterfly said:
squirtyflower said:

you're getting me all wrong. this might sound like hindsight, but honestly, the phrase they used did strike me as suspicious, I did consider it being a bare faced lie or misinformation, but I figured they would have to have sourced the story from city, so the probability was that they were being dishonest in implying it was a sure thing. like you say the proper procedure is to put it to the employee and give them their right of reply before making a decision.
not trying to get you wrong CC
but there seems to be too many people ready to believe the shit headlines from the gutter press and then go on a tirade against/for a player/manager
i just wanted to point out that what the paper is suggesting has happened would be against employment law so highly unlikely, therefore their headline is bull

we all know what he said, they are trying to inflame city's response to make the situation worse

the guy is a complete twat everyone knows that.. but he is a fricking class player :/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.