Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

Re: Bellamy on his future

That interview has left me kind of depressed cos i really want Bellers in the 25.

I personally hope Bellamy will stay (unlikely as it now looks) but let's not turn this into a Bellamy v Mancini thing...

Bellamy was never going to stay here until a ripe old age; he never stays anywhere! He's on his 8th club already. If he hadn't fell out with Mancini, he'd have found another reason to want to get off. He'd had fell out with Hughes eventually...

And I don't know why so many of our players this season seem to want to conduct their business via the media...

BlakeTheBlue said:
WTF!!! Just litening to Bellers on SSN. I don't think he's a guy who bullshits at all. He just wants to stay at City and is doing everything in his power to make it happen. But it apears he already knows He isn't in the 25... WTF IS MANCINI THINKING???

I'm a bit shocked TBH. Buy Milner for £25M - £30M but can't find a place for last seasons joint best player???

The first time i've actualy been disapointed and indeed a bit worried about Citys dealings. Ireland then the Hart/Given thing now Bellers has revealed some worrying revelations about how City go about things.... Genuinely concerned :-(
What has Milner got to do with anything.

dadnlad said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
WTF!!! Just litening to Bellers on SSN. I don't think he's a guy who bullshits at all. He just wants to stay at City and is doing everything in his power to make it happen. But it apears he already knows He isn't in the 25... WTF IS MANCINI THINKING???

I'm a bit shocked TBH. Buy Milner for £25M - £30M but can't find a place for last seasons joint best player???

The first time i've actualy been disapointed and indeed a bit worried about Citys dealings. Ireland then the Hart/Given thing now Bellers has revealed some worrying revelations about how City go about things.... Genuinely concerned :-(

these players are gettin replaced with better players what do you want to do stand still or move on !!!

But replacing players will never work, ever. We 'replaced' enough players last season, and it was clear we didn't play as a team. We've only bought 4 players this summer, which I suppose is better, but, we wont win the league now. Look at the Scum. They have a team, and splash out on players every 2-3 seasons when others leave. We're splashing out on players every summer and building up a new team, every summer. I mean, realistically, in our starting XI against Spuds, Kompany could be our longest serving player, and he's been here 2 years.

Just keep the squad we've got, it's the best in the Prem, no doubt. Build a team ffs, instead of buying players<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:44 pm --<br /><br />
dadnlad said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

these players are gettin replaced with better players what do you want to do stand still or move on !!!

But replacing players will never work, ever. We 'replaced' enough players last season, and it was clear we didn't play as a team. We've only bought 4 players this summer, which I suppose is better, but, we wont win the league now. Look at the Scum. They have a team, and splash out on players every 2-3 seasons when others leave. We're splashing out on players every summer and building up a new team, every summer. I mean, realistically, in our starting XI against Spuds, Kompany could be our longest serving player, and he's been here 2 years.

Just keep the squad we've got, it's the best in the Prem, no doubt. Build a team ffs, instead of buying players for no reason other than to show off.

clearly never forgave the club for what happened to MH. I suspected it all along, he's been very niggly and unhelpful ever since. he knows the club won't wear it. but surely the problem is Mancini won't want someone who is obviously feeling very negative towards the club, who still holds grudges about the treatment of his (Mancini's) predecessor. I know Craig is very professional but he just can't keep his feelings in check, we've seen it several times, he is likely to publicly undermine the club and the manager.

His ideal is to get to spurs and have city pay his wages, but the club are digging their heels in. I don't believe a word of this 'I'll sit here in the reserves or quit' talk. This is brinkmanship, a last throw of the dice.

The player's ideal is to have their cake and eat it. Move to the club you want, without losing your wages or your popularity with the fans. To be fair, the club are trying to do the same, move him to their choice of club, without footing the bill, without upsetting the fans. On balance tho, my sympathy lies with the club, I hope they screw him for every penny, he's had more than enough time to calm down and realise that he could have shown a bit of loyalty to the people signing his paycheck.

dadnlad said:

Better players or just Bigger names? You will struggle to find a better player than Bellers last season and there is absolutely no reason he can't be just as good this season too.

There is a whole host of players who i would ship out before Bellers. Infact along with Tevez He would probably be the one i'd least want to see leave... Have you forgotten last season already... Bellers is as good as anoybody, Fiercely loyal, Loves the fans And just wants a bit of love from his club. He should be rewarded for his great performances and fantastic work effort. Not shunned FFS.

What has Milner got to do with anything.

It's just The fact we will sell our joint best player from last season because we need to trim the squad size so we can bring in a kid who admitidly has a lot of talent but has to date has only had one great season. Don't we already have one of those with Ireland? I think that's madness. There are many more we can "Trim" from the squad so we can keep Bellers.

Mike C said:
And I don't know why so many of our players this season seem to want to conduct their business via the media...

The big problem is City's attitude towards the "surplus" players. These players aren't being transfer listed as City wouldn't then get top dollar for them, but they are being told that they won't make the 25 man squad (sometimes via intermediaries or the press rather than directly). The players understandably want some clarity on their futures and are getting absolutely none from City, again, because City want to sell the players but don't want to be seen to be pushing them out the door as it will effect the fees they get.

I can sort of understand from City's point of view why they feel they need to do this, however it is going to end up with a handful of players who after they leave, will absolutely nothing good to say about the current regime at City, which will be a real shame. I hate seeing our club get constantly dragged through the mud in the press...

Going just on ablility I'd rather have Craig Bellamy in our squad than James Milner...

With Bellamy's form from last season he could still be one of our most effective players this season and I think we can get a better player than Milner for our £30m. I don't know what it is but I'm just not fully convinced about the Milner transfer (if it happens).

BlakeTheBlue said:
dadnlad said:

Better players or just Bigger names? You will struggle to find a better player than Bellers last season and there is absolutely no reason he can't be just as good this season too.

There is a whole host of players who i would ship out before Bellers. Infact along with Tevez He would probably be the one i'd least want to see leave... Have you forgotten last season already... Bellers is as good as anoybody, Fiercely loyal, Loves the fans And just wants a bit of love from his club. He should be rewarded for his great performances and fantastic work effort. Not shunned FFS.
Tevez. That wasn't much of a struggle.

Haha, I'm kiddig. I see your point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.