Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

Re: Bellamy on his future

James23 said:
Going just on ablility I'd rather have Craig Bellamy in our squad than James Milner...

With Bellamy's form from last season he could still be one of our most effective players this season and I think we can get a better player than Milner for our £30m. I don't know what it is but I'm just not fully convinced about the Milner transfer (if it happens).

Bellamy = 1 more year.

I cannot believe how its possible to not name in in the 25 man squad, we haven't signed a lot of attacking players, and he has been one of the best the last two season. Although he was very much up and down last season. Pissing me off.

I could understand if we actually signed many attacking players and a real replacement, but we haven't and he has done absolutely nothing to deserve being dropped from the first team, and dropping him from the squad is plain retarded. Way to treat people like garbage too, but seriously, this doesn't make any sense.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

In no reality would Bellamy not make the final 25 man squad, he was our second best attacking player last season. We have a dozen players that should not be in that squad before him, Viera, SWP, Jo, Robinho, RSC etc etc etc

Biggest fuck up of the summer transfer window just about to happen IMO.

If its true Mancini hasnt bothered speaking to him for months as he said, simply shocking, Regardless of his character thats just terrible man management.

We seem to have 0% squad moral and discipline at the moment. Every other player is giving a bad interview or speaking out of turn. In no way does that squad seem like a happy ship from the noises comming out from some of our big players and the performances we have seen in pre season.

Its very hard to be positive when we get shit like this every other day.

I blame Robinho. You let players walk all over the club, call the shots, dictate terms, speak out in the press all the time this is what happens. The rest of the players think well hes doing what the fuck he wants and getting away with it why cant I ?

James23 said:
Going just on ablility I'd rather have Craig Bellamy in our squad than James Milner...

With Bellamy's form from last season he could still be one of our most effective players this season and I think we can get a better player than Milner for our £30m. I don't know what it is but I'm just not fully convinced about the Milner transfer (if it happens).
Thats now two people who have mentioned Milners name in relation to getting a place over Bellers
Milner 24 year old, injury free, England international midfielder.
Bellers 31 year old, Welsh international forward, with the very real possibility of injuring his dodgy knees.

What on earth has eithers (potential) place in a squad of 25 got anything to do with the other, or are we just gonna use this as another stick with which to beat James Milner with. Christ we hav'nt even signed him yet and some of you lot have already made up yer minds, I despair at our 'support' sometimes I really do.

Chick Counterfly said:
On balance tho, my sympathy lies with the club, I hope they screw him for every penny, he's had more than enough time to calm down and realise that he could have shown a bit of loyalty to the people signing his paycheck.

That's a terrible view IMO. Bellamy has been a standout performer since he arrived at City. Whatever his problems with Mancini, Mancini is as responsible for them as Craig is - because simply put - it's the manager's job to get along and work with the players. We slated Hughes to high heaven and back for shipping out players he didn't get along with, and it was universally agreed that this was a weakness on his part.

As for the financial side of things. City can't have it both ways. It's got nothing to do with wages and everything to do with transfer fees. As I said in my earlier post, City are effectively trying to ship players out who don't want to leave, without transfer listing them.

Honest as ever from Bellers, feel sorry for the guy, he wants to stay here and win things with City and he feels (rightly so) that he has earned a spot in that 25. I would have him in the 25 without a doubt, he is versatile, hard working can score goals, make assists and he doesn't take any slacking from himself or any of his team mates, he is spot on when he asks what has changed in two months? Tevez was saying last season how Bellers was the best player in the squad (not counting him obviously) and that he loves playing with him, i think that says a lot for a player of Tevez standard to say that about the man.

Am a little concerned about the lack of communication between the club and him, seems they are showing him a lack of respect by not confirming his future as he seems to have no idea what is happening. One side of the club has worked superbly to bring the fans and the club closer together, they really seem to take into account what we think, but, there seems to be a lack of respect shown by certain people within the club to certain players (Dunne last year and Bellers now) which leaves a sour taste in the mouth

Can Seriously see him leaving for Cardiff on Loan if he deosnt make the 25!

If Mancini picks Jo over Bellers he's hanging himself out to dry if we start badly. I hope he knows what he's doing but I have very little faith.

If Craig Bellamy wants to stay at City, he has to get on with Mancini.

There has been several reports about Bellamy lacking loyalty towards his maneger.

No maneger is going to want a player in his squad, thats illoyal, a maneger needs to be able to trust his players.

Bellamy always falls out with the clubs he plays for, its a shame because he is a very good player, hopefully Bellamy will mend his bridges with Mancini.

If he wont do that I really dont see how Mancini can keep him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.