Bellamy should be in the 25

mackenzie said:
Uwe Rosler said:
I do like Bellamy and want him to stay, bit we can't have players running of to the media just because they aren't getting their own way.

No player is bigger than the club or the manager.

I agree.

However, it doesn't make him being left out of the squad (if true) any less wrong.
He doesn't deserve it.

I would imagine its as much to do with selling him as punishing him, though if I were the manager and a player gobbed off the day before the squad was picked I'd drop him.

Not sure why we all feel oh-so-sorry for footballers anyway. Bellamy has earned more whilst you read this post than you will this week reading it. If you got any sympathy today save it for Pakistan, not Bellamy.

Monkfish said:
mackenzie said:
I agree.

However, it doesn't make him being left out of the squad (if true) any less wrong.
He doesn't deserve it.

I would imagine its as much to do with selling him as punishing him, though if I were the manager and a player gobbed off the day before the squad was picked I'd drop him.

Not sure why we all feel oh-so-sorry for footballers anyway. Bellamy has earned more whilst you read this post than you will this week reading it. If you got any sympathy today save it for Pakistan, not Bellamy.

Believe me, I am keeping this entirely in context. Pakistan has nothing to do with a thread about a footballer anyway, so I find that comment a bit odd to be honest.

Anyway, I don't think Bellamy deserves to be left out of the 25. I'm taking purely about his playing ability and his work rate. His lifestyle,wages or any other "bigger picture" has nothing to do with what I was saying.

mackenzie said:
Graft and craft are not mutually exclusive.

Bellamy can do both, as he has shown.

This is true.

My point was that you can be utter shit but work hard and you will be a God at City.
You can be a God with the ball at your feet but God help you if you don't 'track back' at City.

I know which I would prefer in an attacking player.

Bellers has a bit of both I agree. Unfortunately he also has a gob bigger than the Grand Canyon and doesn't know when to shut it.

That is the reason he doesn't deserve to be in the 25. He needs to respect the manager and work hard for the team. He's not good enough to be so stupid - not with the squad we now have.

SalfordCityBlue said:
mackenzie said:
Graft and craft are not mutually exclusive.

Bellamy can do both, as he has shown.

This is true.

My point was that you can be utter shit but work hard and you will be a God at City.
You can be a God with the ball at your feet but God help you if you don't 'track back' at City.

I know which I would prefer in an attacking player.

Bellers has a bit of both I agree. Unfortunately he also has a gob bigger than the Grand Canyon and doesn't know when to shut it.

That is the reason he doesn't deserve to be in the 25. He needs to respect the manager and work hard for the team. He's not good enough to be so stupid - not with the squad we now have.

Maybe he wouldn't have felt the need to say what he did if he had got what he deserved on merit. This isn't a player that had a poor last season, this is a player who was one of our top performers. He doesn't have to prove that he is at least deserving of making the 25, he has already done that.

mackenzie said:
Maybe he wouldn't have felt the need to say what he did if he had got what he deserved on merit. This isn't a player that had a poor last season, this is a player who was one of our top performers. He doesn't have to prove that he is at least deserving of making the 25, he has already done that.

He hadn't missed out at the time he verbally ejaculated yesterday. You can be pretty sure he has now.

I like Bellers, I do, but he is his own worst enemy and has been all through his career. Plus his form nosedived quite a bit in the second half of the season.

As for not having to prove himself, I don't agree - we have improved the squad immeasurably over the summer, he is a year older and has the knees of an 80 year old. Better prospects than him have to prove themselves again this year, not much room for sentiment at the moment sadly.

I think we can agree to disagree Salfordcityblue.

I think he should be in the 25. In fact I think he should be one of the first on the list, and I'm not talking from sentiment either.
I do recognise that he now has much tougher competition for his place, but I think that as a squad player he would be invaluable and that it would actually alleviate some of the doubts about his durability week in and week out.

mackenzie said:
I think we can agree to disagree Salfordcityblue.

I think we'll have too lol. Although we only half disagree - I would have Bellers in the squad too on ability, but his behaviour yesterday was ridiculous IMO.

There can only be one winner between him and Mancini. He must know that. I think yesterday was him trying to force us to let him leave if I'm honest.

And in doing so the way that he did he lost my support at least.

Now we'll never know what Mancini's intentions were either... Personally I thought he would make the cut...

You can't sign 4 to 6 players and keep hold of everyone and Mancini looks like he is ditching the wide forwards and going with 2 in front of a midfield diamond. That threatens Bellamy's place in of itself

I am a little doubtful of some of the tales of conflict between City and Bellamy. Media will be stirring for all their worth now.

If we get a bid for a player who is 31 I'd take it. He did a great job for us, but I don't regard him as a top 4 player.

Anyone notice how the SSN script editors are going overboard in praising Bellamy tonight now that he's a cert to leave City.

You couldn't make it up. I surprised they haven't mentioned City's flop signing Milner struggled to make an impact in the England game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.