Bellamy should be in the 25

zinaldo1982 said:
I would rather have someone like him who despite being a great player is also a great worker and a grafter,so what is a winner for you someone who wins things,not for me because winners is all about having the mentality first and bellamy has that in abundance.

Watch ade or adam johnson when they are not getting their ways,their heads go down and their games follow,bellamy is not that sort of chap,he thrives under pressure and that is what i call a winner because no matter the situation he is going to fight.

You say he goes after lost causes but what you forget is that a player can be having a bad game and then the crowd could or gets on his case but seeing him work has hard for the team would suggest he is a team player and no matter his woeful performances he is always going to be there for the team,something i cannot say about ade.

Some players have more stamina than others so because you see him running around like what you call an headless chicken might not even tire him like he would lazy sod ade by example because he strikes me as someone who has no stamina at all given his languishing style of play.

SalfordCityBlue - I thought I was the only one with these opinions on the game, but we seem to be on completely the same page. Thank god there's someone else out there!

Zinaldo - You know what, I agree with some of the points you make. Adam Johnson went missing in the big games last year when things weren't going for him. I don't want to get on the kids back because I think he is talented and end up being a good player, but people need to be a bit more objective about him.

I think Adebayor is an absolutely top class player, one of the top 5 number 9s in the world. His languid walking and running style make him appear lazy and de-motivated but I don't think he is. People used to say it about Viera at his peak, it's not that they cover less miles in my opinion. Richards actually said in one of his interviews that he's never known anyone that loves running as much as Ade.

Regarding Bellamy, I agree he has some ability and was effective before xmas last year. I don't think he is a great player by any stretch though. He's been average throughout his career and his game is based soley on pace and work rate. I think he makes wrong decisions a lot and always heads directly towards goal when keeping possession or laying in a team mate would be a better option.

You are right, a winner's attitude does not necessarily mean that have won lots of things. I think he has an attitude of giving everything he has, chasing down every ball, and leaving every drop of sweat on the pitch. I don't think this is necessarily the attitude of a winner though.

I like Michael Ballack's comment before the world cup. He was asked what the German national team's attitude was towards the England national team and he said the English are too passionate. They run when they should think, and they play with their heart instead of their head. I think he is right, and his words were certainly prophetic when you look at the game between the two sides!

If he is to go, i would prefere it wasnt to a team in our league as i think it could come back to haunt us, You watch us get drawn against celtic in euro now ha ha dont blame me if they do!

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8906622.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 906622.stm</a>

Watch the video of Bellamy on the link.

Can't believe he wasn't picked for the Europa league and Santa Cruz was!

I feel pretty bad for him, like he says his stats are incredible for the last season

"double figure goals, Double figure assists, and no one has run more than me"

What more can you want for a quasi-winger?!

He clearly has so much passion for the club and when players like Robinho are getting spaces in the squad ahead of him (who has done nothing but slag us off, and fucked off to Brazil like a little cry baby) really gets on my nerves.

If he leaves I will only be happy to see him at Cardiff and take them into the prem. Anywhere else and he will potentially quit football as he says, which would be an epic loss to the sport!

i thought you were surposed to keep your best players and not push them away. but we give all the dead wood another chance, ie Jo, Robinho, Santa Crock.

Cobwebcat said:
He'd still be in my team let alone the 25. Why are we even considering letting him go? Without his goals/assists we would have finished around 8th last season. Great impact player too.

What's the thinking? Too old?!

Spot-on post!

Well I cant believe he was laughing pating Harry R on the back after Spurs beat us at home effectively knocking city out of the champions league.

Or stiring shit and siding with Moyes against his own club and Macini. He never wanted to play for city, he came to play for Hughes and himself. As soon as Hughes was sacked he was in the boardroom kicking off telling cook and co they couldnt sack Hughes, dictating to the club who the manager should be.

As soon as Hughes left he wasnt interested any reason or excuse to fall out with Mancini and make his life difficult. Hes a nasty little shit and he has been at every club he has ever played for.

Most city fans never wanted him to sign in the first place because of shit like this. He proved us all wrong and was one of our best players. Yet we come full circle he proved us right in the first place and it has ended like it has at every club he has played for, Liverpool, Newcastle City it is always the same - Bellamy running his mouth off calling the shots. Falling out with the manager and board.

Club ends up getting rid of him due to the trouble and disruption he is causing.

Hes a trouble causing little shit, hes a cancer, look at the trouble he is causing before the season kicks off. He can fuck right off to Celtic. At the end of the day who do people support a dickhead like Craig Bellamy or the club. Support your club not the player.

alera said:
Well I cant believe he was laughing pating Harry R on the back after Spurs beat us at home effectively knocking city out of the champions league.

Or stiring shit and siding with Moyes against his own club and Macini. He never wanted to play for city, he came to play for Hughes and himself. As soon as Hughes was sacked he was in the boardroom kicking off telling cook and co they couldnt sack Hughes, dictating to the club who the manager should be.

As soon as Hughes left he wasnt interested any reason or excuse to fall out with Mancini and make his life difficult. Hes a nasty little shit and he has been at every club he has ever played for.

Most city fans never wanted him to sign in the first place because of shit like this. He proved us all wrong and was one of our best players. Yet we come full circle he proved us right in the first place and it has ended like it has at every club he has played for, Liverpool, Newcastle City it is always the same - Bellamy running his mouth off calling the shots. Falling out with the manager and board.

Club ends up getting rid of him due to the trouble and disruption he is causing.

Hes a trouble causing little shit, hes a cancer, look at the trouble he is causing before the season kicks off. He can fuck right off to Celtic. At the end of the day who do people support a dickhead like Craig Bellamy or the club. Support your club not the player.

He was brilliant last season. He did his job. But noone is bigger than the club. Time to move him on I am afraid. What happened to the Bellamy that was happy to lace the boots of all the new players coming in? It did not take long for him to dissapear.

alera said:

At the end of the day can we TRUST him?
Not to create mischief
Not to created chaos & disharmony among the squad
Not to turnover the ball at critical juncture of the game
a. For opponents to score on us & derail our CL spot
b. being offside intentionally
c. squandering scoring chances instead of passing to teammate with the window to score etc.
d. fake injury etc.

In other words will he be a professional and be loyal at all times to our Club?

alera said:

very true my friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.