Bellamy's been banned from the club

Stiss said:
bbc.co.uk/sport

They have the breaking news bar at the top which says City have given Bellamy permission to train with Cardiff.
Breaking News? Have they also just broken the news that Elvis is dead?

Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It has gone too far.

Bellamy has been playing up since the final two weeks of the season.

An agitator, yes. A clever one, even more so.

I think Dids Dave, I know where you are coming from, mate.

But you need to separate your justified gripes about Stevie Ireland, and how others are behaving.

Despite all the shit, Ireland has kept mum. The same can't be said for others, especially in terms of trying to undermine the manager.

The 25-players rule may be crazy, but it afford a club as wealthy as ourselves, tremendous power.

The boot is on the other foot for a change and it exactly right to be aimed up particular arses.

I've nor defended Bellamy's behaviour at all. His biggest mistake was his comment about Moyes and Mancini after that game, in my opinion.

In isolation I'm happy to accept this is a gobby player having his say.

But it isn't in isolation, is it? The grumblings and negativity have been an undercurrent for months now.

What's important is that come the end of August when the dust settles the team unite and fight as one. A good manager shold use the bad press as a motivator.

Dave, how much of this trouble would you put down to the fact that the club didn't 100% back Mancini until the end of the season. I wonder whether lots of these players would have been more inclined to keep their heads down and get on with things if they had known he was there for the longer term. I can only imagine how difficult it must make life for a manager to try to convince players like Bellamy to do things they don't want to when the player thinks the manager won't be there long. I think the Mancini and the club as a whole are still suffering for that, I hope he can claw back his authority, which is clearly what he is trying to do with the strong arm tactics imo.

Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It has gone too far.

Bellamy has been playing up since the final two weeks of the season.

An agitator, yes. A clever one, even more so.

I think Dids Dave, I know where you are coming from, mate.

But you need to separate your justified gripes about Stevie Ireland, and how others are behaving.

Despite all the shit, Ireland has kept mum. The same can't be said for others, especially in terms of trying to undermine the manager.

The 25-players rule may be crazy, but it afford a club as wealthy as ourselves, tremendous power.

The boot is on the other foot for a change and it exactly right to be aimed up particular arses.

I've nor defended Bellamy's behaviour at all. His biggest mistake was his comment about Moyes and Mancini after that game, in my opinion.

But it isn't in isolation, is it? The grumblings and negativity have been an undercurrent for months now.

What's important is that come the end of August when the dust settles the team unite and fight as one. A good manager shold use the bad press as a motivator.

I agree about the negativity being used as a motivator.

But you cannot motivate somebody who does not want to be motivated, whatever the public soundbites might be.

The reason Mancini and the club are doing what they are, is to ensure, as you say, that the dust will be settled once and for all when the window shuts.

You have to let the manager, manage.

I personally believe he is doing this with one hand behind his back at present.

His support work needs to be stronger 'upstairs' forget Cook and Marwood.

This where Khaldoon needs to be stepping in, if he is not already doing so.

Didsbury Dave said:
The grumblings and negativity have been an undercurrent for months now.

I think this is the main point.

As had been "murdered" on here towards the end of last season, the main problem being the supposed short term nature of Bob's tenure as our boss.

It didn't do us any favours whatsoever in our quest for 4th spot however what it resulted in was a number of players "hanging" themselves with the expectation of "my actions aren't a problem as Bob won't be our manager next year". Certain players may have felt that they didn't have to impress Bob both on and off the pitch as we would have a new manager and they could look good at pre-season.

In essence I think this will have been proven to be the turning point and everything will start to improve now, Bob and the management team know who has to go and come Sept 1st we can move on.

Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Dave, how much of this trouble would you put down to the fact that the club didn't 100% back Mancini until the end of the season. I wonder whether lots of these players would have been more inclined to keep their heads down and get on with things if they had known he was there for the longer term. I can only imagine how difficult it must make life for a manager to try to convince players like Bellamy to do things they don't want to when the player thinks the manager won't be there long.

I would say it's a huge factor.

Regardless of what the Saint Bobby brigade on here think, Mancini was not seen as the medium/long term choice until a couple of weeks before the end of the season. The players speculated about his future just as much as we did on here an, in truth, most believed he was a stop-gap until the summer. It undermined his authority significantly.

That's why, despite, serious misgivings, he has a clean slate with me this season. It was a difficult situation to work in. He knew the club had fingers in other pies - well one particular pie.

So yes, the fact that a number of high-profile players criticised him last season, publicly and privately, was probably down to the way his appointment was handled. And that bloody press conference.

If it rumbles into this season after all the departures then we've got a real problem. If it goes away and the squad look "together" then we are OK.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 am --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I agree about the negativity being used as a motivator.

But you cannot motivate somebody who does not want to be motivated, whatever the public soundbites might be.

The reason Mancini and the club are doing what they are, is to ensure, as you say, that the dust will be settled once and for all when the window shuts.

You have to let the manager, manage.

I personally believe he is doing this with one hand behind his back at present.

His support work needs to be stronger 'upstairs' forget Cook and Marwood.

This where Khaldoon needs to be stepping in, if he is not already doing so.

You open the debate nicely there, Tolm.

There is room for the club's top brass to be smoothing the waters here.

They concern me also as you know.

Rammy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The grumblings and negativity have been an undercurrent for months now.

I think this is the main point.

As had been "murdered" on here towards the end of last season, the main problem being the supposed short term nature of Bob's tenure as our boss.

It didn't do us any favours whatsoever in our quest for 4th spot however what it resulted in was a number of players "hanging" themselves with the expectation of "my actions aren't a problem as Bob won't be our manager next year". Certain players may have felt that they didn't have to impress Bob both on and off the pitch as we would have a new manager and they could look good at pre-season.

In essence I think this will have been proven to be the turning point and everything will start to improve now, Bob and the management team know who has to go and come Sept 1st we can move on.

This is very true - if I may quote one of my own less stupid posts from an earlier thread
If we had found a buyer for Rocky, Jo & Robbie Bellamy would probably still in the squad. ( btw Bellamy is supposed to be an avid Bluemoon reader and there is a theory that if he hadn't believed what he saw on here and in the media about Mancini getting the push at the end of the season, he probably wouldn't have done his celebration at the end of the Spurs defeat and probably would still be with us. Such irony for those Bellamy fans who also make it their life's work to undermine Mancini.)

SSN reporting they have spoken to Cardiff and there has been no contact between the clubs re bellamy. Also confirmed Bellamy is not banned but may be advised to stay away and apparently his representatives have spoken to Fulham an Celtic over the weekend.

SSN source, dont shoot the messenger.

johnny crossan said:
This is very true - if I may quote one of my own less stupid posts from an earlier thread

If we had found a buyer for Rocky, Jo & Robbie Bellamy would probably still in the squad. ( btw Bellamy is supposed to be an avid Bluemoon reader and there is a theory that if he hadn't believed what he saw on here and in the media about Mancini getting the push at the end of the season, he probably wouldn't have done his celebration at the end of the Spurs defeat and probably would still be with us. Such irony for those Bellamy fans who also make it their life's work to undermine Mancini.)

Some people don't half have an inflated view of the importance of BM (and other Internet message boards), and in the media.

It was being posted on here that Mancini was on a short-term deal because that was the rumour going round the club. Not the other way round.

Bellers is no more likely to have got the idea from here than he is to have got it from the tooth fairy popping in one night to tell him.

Dyed Petya said:
johnny crossan said:

Some people don't half have an inflated view of the importance of BM (and other Internet message boards), and in the media.

It was being posted on here that Mancini was on a short-term deal because that was the rumour going round the club. Not the other way round.

Bellers is no more likely to have got the idea from here than he is to have got it from the tooth fairy popping in one night to tell him.

ohh how wrong you are - Bellamy used to go out of his way at Carrington to tell his conduits when he was displeased with posters on here - fact

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
SSN reporting they have spoken to Cardiff and there has been no contact between the clubs re bellamy. Also confirmed Bellamy is not banned but may be advised to stay away and apparently his representatives have spoken to Fulham an Celtic over the weekend.

SSN source, dont shoot the messenger.

Just heard that too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.