Bellamy's been banned from the club

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Dave, how much of this trouble would you put down to the fact that the club didn't 100% back Mancini until the end of the season. I wonder whether lots of these players would have been more inclined to keep their heads down and get on with things if they had known he was there for the longer term. I can only imagine how difficult it must make life for a manager to try to convince players like Bellamy to do things they don't want to when the player thinks the manager won't be there long.

I would say it's a huge factor.

Regardless of what the Saint Bobby brigade on here think, Mancini was not seen as the medium/long term choice until a couple of weeks before the end of the season. The players speculated about his future just as much as we did on here an, in truth, most believed he was a stop-gap until the summer. It undermined his authority significantly.

That's why, despite, serious misgivings, he has a clean slate with me this season. It was a difficult situation to work in. He knew the club had fingers in other pies - well one particular pie.

So yes, the fact that a number of high-profile players criticised him last season, publicly and privately, was probably down to the way his appointment was handled. And that bloody press conference.

If it rumbles into this season after all the departures then we've got a real problem. If it goes away and the squad look "together" then we are OK.

I really worry about it and hugely sympathise with Mancini. Once you have your authority undermined like that, it is difficult to see how you can completely get the authority back. Getting rid of the main problems (ie Bellamy) will help but there are still going to be some in the squad who didn't fully respect him at first (at least partly due to the circumstances) and we all know about first impressions and all that. If he can turn this around then I think it is fair to say that he is a very good manager indeed. If not, then difficult to judge him as the club dealt him a pretty terrible hand.

johnny crossan said:
Dyed Petya said:
Some people don't half have an inflated view of the importance of BM (and other Internet message boards), and in the media.

It was being posted on here that Mancini was on a short-term deal because that was the rumour going round the club. Not the other way round.

Bellers is no more likely to have got the idea from here than he is to have got it from the tooth fairy popping in one night to tell him.

ohh how wrong you are - Bellamy used to go out of his way at Carrington to tell his conduits when he was displeased with posters on here - fact

Hahaha if this is true

Craig you truly are a wanker of the highest order !

The rumour about Mancini being here for 6 months, was the media taking advantage of his poor English.
He said 6 months then 3 years= which Mancini meant as 3 and a half seasons due to him starting in December.
Hate the papers.

johnny crossan said:
Dyed Petya said:
Some people don't half have an inflated view of the importance of BM (and other Internet message boards), and in the media.

It was being posted on here that Mancini was on a short-term deal because that was the rumour going round the club. Not the other way round.

Bellers is no more likely to have got the idea from here than he is to have got it from the tooth fairy popping in one night to tell him.

ohh how wrong you are - Bellamy used to go out of his way at Carrington to tell his conduits when he was displeased with posters on here - fact

Exactly, some players like to look at boards like this to see what fans think of them. But they have contact all the time with people who'd have a very good idea of what's going on at the club behind the scenes. Yet you think he'd believe, without corroboration, gossip from a load of idiots like us on here posting behind aliases? I don't.

scottyboi said:
The rumour about Mancini being here for 6 months, was the media taking advantage of his poor English.
He said 6 months then 3 years= which Mancini meant as 3 and a half seasons due to him starting in December.
Hate the papers.

I know that was part of the issue but I was under the impression that behind the scenes it was accepted that his appointment was by no means permanent and options were being left open.

Lancet Fluke said:
scottyboi said:
Hate the papers.

I know that was part of the issue but I was under the impression that behind the scenes it was accepted that his appointment was by no means permanent and options were being left open.

It was. It was nothing to do with his English.

It was the nature of his appointment.

I was told on good authority that he offered himself on that basis (6 month trial), so you can't feel too sorry for him.

You can ask questions of the club hierarchy for appointing him in those circumstances, of course. Would it have better to have been honest about the 6 months? Or would that have undermined him even more?

scottyboi said:
What's this good authority then Dave?

A source who has been pretty much impeccable in the info he has given me for the last year or so.

One who's name most on here will know.

Whats all the fuss about, why is it unprofessional that City have done this. In many business's, if you are percieved to have committed an act of gross misconduct you are suspended on full pay pending the hearing. This is all that appears to have happened here. To be fair Craig could easily have found in himself in this position a long time ago.

Didsbury Dave said:
scottyboi said:
What's this good authority then Dave?

A source who has been pretty much impeccable in the info he has given me for the last year or so.

One who's name most on here will know.

So how come in his first interview he said ' we will be challenging for the league in 18 months time'?
Its a strange one I know that. Still believe the press manipulated his very weak English.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.