Bellamy's been banned from the club

Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It was. It was nothing to do with his English.

It was the nature of his appointment.

I was told on good authority that he offered himself on that basis (6 month trial), so you can't feel too sorry for him.

You can ask questions of the club hierarchy for appointing him in those circumstances, of course. Would it have better to have been honest about the 6 months? Or would that have undermined him even more?

Seeing as the club to an extent don't mind hemorrhaging money, they should have just taken him on as if he was the permanent boss and if by any miracle Mourinho had been available to us in the summer just sacked Mancnini and paid him off, assuming they would have preferred Mourinho. The manager is the most important member of staff at the club imo and hiring a "dead man walking" from the very start was ridiculous. We will potentially lose a lot more money in the long term because of that decision than the money they would have potentially written off by paying out Mancini's full contract. Mancini may have misguidedly agreed to the circumstances but I still sympathise greatly with him.

Very good, insightful post again. Not the first time, or probably the last, that our top men have shown their naivity and lack of experience.

In fact, id Mancini hadn't have said the 6 month thing, the club my have been able to keep it under wraps. They seemed to try to brush it under the carpet after that.

Whilst I feel Mancini has had it tough, I have to be honest and say I don't think he is the right man for Manchester City.

I believe once this (lets face it, its going to be messy) operation is out of the way and Mancini actually has the players he wants at the club, City will get down to the business of winning games and winning them often.

Unfortunately we are currently looking at a by product of the clubs decision to keep chopping and changing manager - a problem we've had for so many years its laughable. A poster made a good point on here last night, it took Ferguson 4 years to win anything, yet the rags had patience and (twats ;) have reaped the rewards.

Obviously we aren't going to have 4 years worth of patience, fuck me reading this forum I'm surprised some have 4 minutes worth, but the fella definitely needs some time to get things right - changing manager again is only going to see us in the exact same position with players like Balotelli, Silva, Yaya 6-12 months down the line.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Seeing as the club to an extent don't mind hemorrhaging money, they should have just taken him on as if he was the permanent boss and if by any miracle Mourinho had been available to us in the summer just sacked Mancnini and paid him off, assuming they would have preferred Mourinho. The manager is the most important member of staff at the club imo and hiring a "dead man walking" from the very start was ridiculous. We will potentially lose a lot more money in the long term because of that decision than the money they would have potentially written off by paying out Mancini's full contract. Mancini may have misguidedly agreed to the circumstances but I still sympathise greatly with him.

Very good, insightful post again. Not the first time, or probably the last, that our top men have shown their naivity and lack of experience.

In fact, id Mancini hadn't have said the 6 month thing, the club my have been able to keep it under wraps. They seemed to try to brush it under the carpet after that.

Whilst I feel Mancini has had it tough, I have to be honest and say I don't think he is the right man for Manchester City.
No really ??? I'd never of guessed that was you're standpoint on the Mancini issue Dave ;-]

bluemoonmatt said:
Didsbury Dave said:

No really ??? I'd never of guessed that was you're standpoint on the Mancini issue Dave ;-]

I shouldn't have written that, actually.

I am detirmined not to write him off too quickly this year, given the difficult situation he was in last year, and his lack of experience in England.

Anyway back to the thread !!
Apparently the Club have NOT banned Bellamy from training nor the Club.
They have advised him that it would be best for all parties concerned if he kept away.
Slight difference, but I suppose it means the same thing, but put more diplomatically than Bellers recent outbursts.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluemoonmatt said:

I am detirmined not to write him off too quickly this year, given the difficult situation he was in last year, and his lack of experience in England.

he has this season to prove himself no top 4 or a trophy will see him gone sad to say but reality bites!

Didsbury Dave said:
bluemoonmatt said:

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable opinion. It doesn't matter whether people think he is the man for the job or not as long as everyone gives him a fair chance to prove them right or wrong. Looking for reasons to give him grief won't help but then ignoring the failings won't help either. It is a shame that on here, it is not often people get the chance to intelligently discuss Manicni as it always descends into partisan nonsense.

leewill31 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

he has this season to prove himself no top 4 or a trophy will see him gone sad to say but reality bites!

I think you should replace your or with an "and".

If we finish outside the top 4, even if we win a trophy, the Shiekh will not be happy and the manager will be out of a job. Which ties us in perfectly with another thread...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
His support work needs to be stronger 'upstairs' forget Cook and Marwood.

This where Khaldoon needs to be stepping in, if he is not already doing so.

With respect, I think we're a long long way from Khaldoon being any kind of regular or forceful presence around the club. If he were I'm sure we would not be currently handling this particular transitional period with all the finesse and grace of an angry elephant...

It's funny that Marwood's mouthpiece ran with the "Bellamy's been banned from training and sent to train with Cardiff" only for Cardiff to, in the last hour, deny any contact with City over him...

This is amateur night at the Apollo if you ask me. A club with our resources should not find it quite so difficult to deal with Bellamy, and certainly shouldn't need to do it's bidding via the cockney rag media...

Didsbury Dave said:
leewill31 said:

I think you should replace your or with an "and".

If we finish outside the top 4, even if we win a trophy, the Shiekh will not be happy and the manager will be out of a job. Which ties us in perfectly with another thread...

I could accept just top 4 2bh...a trophy would be nice.

Right, I have a question, and I want one name from you, seeing as you don't want Mancini here. Who would you bring in if you could get rid of him who's available, who's better with a better track record and plays football you like? Go on I want to hear it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.