Bellamy's been banned from the club

This is turning into a really interesting thread.

Can we just remind ourselves that;

A. Nobody wants Mancini sacked

B. We all want what is best for our club

C. Everyone has a right to question any part of this football club they want, without others twisting words and lebeling them. And visa verca.

Mancio said:
disturby dave , billishit , please mods change the topic headline . the right one have to be :

cabal is back.
Lol
ShitStirrer-1.jpg

Fergie was on the verge of the sack after what...4 years?

My point is not if continually for 3 years we don't do well, but in 6 months we're not in the top 4 some people on here(who seem to conjugate on the same threads to post their unwavering opinion) will want him out, when I believe 6 months isn't a fair amount of time, especially when an unproven manager in Hughes got 18 months.

sweep said:
zeven said:
What the fuck is wronhg with you guys?
Seriously some in here need to gear down..
We all love ADUG for the way they've changed our fortunes/prospects but thats not to say they can't be questioned when we think things could have been done better.

I for one have always wondered who's decision it was to allow Hughes to install his yes men all over the club, it looked like a recipe for disaster from day 1.
We dont know all the facts, we'll never see all the facts, so why dont give our management and owners the benifit of doubts until they are proven otherwise.
PS.
If there still are Hughes men in the club, i trust them to be profesional and do everything for the club, and if not, they will be kicked out.

Mancio said:
disturby dave , billishit , please mods change the topic headline . the right one have to be :

cabal is back.

Lancet Fluke said:
It is a shame that on here, it is not often people get the chance to intelligently discuss Manicni as it always descends into partisan nonsense.

TheLegendOfBerti said:

My point is not if continually for 3 years we don't do well, but in 6 months we're not in the top 4 some people on here(who seem to conjugate on the same threads to post their unwavering opinion) will want him out, when I believe 6 months isn't a fair amount of time, especially when an unproven manager in Hughes got 18 months.

Well he's had six months and didn't hit his target. So in another 6 months it'll be a year.

But by Christmas if we're not in the top 4, questions will be asked.

If we're 5th, improving and looking good for a storming finish thn I think he'll be given the rest of the season. If we're 10 points off 4th, I think he'll be history.

Your use of "conjugate" is one of the wierdest uses of English I think I've ever seen, by the way.

TheLegendOfBerti said:

will never want a manager out unless they are a serious threat of ruining our club(alan ball god rest his soul) but it wont be up to us fans will it mate,like ive said before if mancini is not within the top 4 come january he will be under major pressure from above imho.

alera said:
m27 wrote:

Yep. Bridge also refused Mancini's handshake on the way off for the same reason apparently.

Small minded ego maniacs.

oh wow, is it really true that Bridge refused his handshake?

maybe that would explain why, in that video of the players coming back after summer, Mancini only appeared once... to shake Bridge's hand.

If thats true I`m glad Terry fucked his Mrs....

NOT TRUE! Bridge knew Mancini was staying before then... as did most of the squad.
I knew immediately after the Villa game....

Didsbury Dave said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:

Well he's had six months and didn't hit his target. So in another 6 months it'll be a year.

But by Christmas if we're not in the top 4, questions will be asked.

If we're 5th, improving and looking good for a storming finish thn I think he'll be given the rest of the season. If we're 10 points off 4th, I think he'll be history.

Your use of "conjugate" is one of the wierdest uses of English I think I've ever seen, by the way.

Agreed. It wasn't our league position that did for Hughes, I assume, but more the fact that we were slipping away from the top 4. The press conveniently ignored this when saying how Hughes would have got 4th spot. We were getting worse under him not better imo. I'm pretty sure you won't agree with this though.

TheLegendOfBerti said:

With reference to what DD was saying, I can understand his reasoning behind Arsenal sticking with Wenger because he won the double in his first full season.

As for Ferguson though, you're spot on - he didn't win a trophy until his third full season. His first full season (87-88) saw them finish second behind an outstanding Liverpool side so it was fair enough that he bought some time for himself. However, they finished mid-table the following term (88-89) despite spending a lot of money.

They spent even more money in the summer of 1989 and seemed to get even worse again, finishing one place ahead of us in 13th. However, while their league form was largely crap and they were even still in with an outside chance of going down with a few games to go (incredibly Sheffield Wednesday beat them sometime in March 1990 to go well clear of the Rags, us, and everybody else in the relegation dogfight yet contrived to lose every game from thereon in IIRC and went down on the final day), they somehow managed to win the FA Cup which saved Ferguson's bacon (pardon the pun!) and the rest is history.

The point I'm making in all of this though and it's kind of backing up what you said, is that from the opening day of the 1988-1989 season until the final day of the 1989-1990 season the Rags' league form was consistently lower/mid-table. That's 2 full seasons of abject league form. I honestly don't think many people who were around at the time quite remember just how long this run of uninspiring form lasted for United under Ferguson. Us blues were obviously pre-occupied with our own form to realise quite how shit they were doing, and even some of my red mates have pretty much airbrushed that period out of their minds which I can kind of understand as so much has happened since. The thing is though, they could've easily sacked him at Christmas 1989 - before they embarked on that FA Cup run - for the poor form of the past season and a half but instead of giving most of the United fans what they wanted Edwards and the board stuck with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.