Bernard Manning opinons?

One of the funniest comics ever. Good bloke and a city fan as well. Just because you laugh at his jokes about pakis, whites, paddies, jocks, indians or chinese does not make to a racist at all. Some of you need to get a life.

kevinmcfc said:
One of the funniest comics ever. Good bloke and a city fan as well. Just because you laugh at his jokes about pakis, whites, paddies, jocks, indians or chinese does not make to a racist at all. Some of you need to get a life.
this ^^^

Carling's started this thread to get a bit of attention and cause a bit of controversy and you've all taken the bait, as indeed I have for posting this.

I will comment on Bernard Manning.
The guy was a product of his time. Remember sitcoms like "Love Thy Neighbour" and "Till death us do part". These were from that same era.
What I couldn't understand about Manning or not really him but the TV companies, is that you knew what you were going to get and still they invited him onto prime time talk shows like Wogan and Mrs Merton.
Does anyone remember that Mrs Merton appearance? He took her to the cleaners, she was totally out of her depth.
He was funny in his time but not in this multicultural and pc age. I suppose the really sad thing is he was still a very funny guy without the racism.

NQT said:
Carling's started this thread to get a bit of attention and cause a bit of controversy and you've all taken the bait, as indeed I have for posting this.

I will comment on Bernard Manning.
The guy was a product of his time. Remember sitcoms like "Love Thy Neighbour" and "Till death us do part". These were from that same era.
What I couldn't understand about Manning or not really him but the TV companies, is that you knew what you were going to get and still they invited him onto prime time talk shows like Wogan and Mrs Merton.
Does anyone remember that Mrs Merton appearance? He took her to the cleaners, she was totally out of her depth.
He was funny in his time but not in this multicultural and pc age. I suppose the really sad thing is he was still a very funny guy without the racism.
Well the post has proved a success and i think people enjoy my posts.

kevinmcfc said:

^^

He was funny as fuck, i went to The Embassy Club for my 18th and he got me up on stage singing some song, give me some champagne and ripped fuck out of me for a good 5 minutes, had a little chat after and he seemed a top bloke.

Swales lives said:
He raised Hundreds of thousands of pounds for Booth Hall Childrens Hospital, Ancoats Hospital, and many other local charities. He didn't just do this for white people. Yes he was a bigot, some of his jokes were funny, some were crap, but at his core, Bernard was alright. I like him even more because the trendy Southern media hate him.
Good post that mate, the bloke was never a racist in a million years, he took the piss out of everyone and anyone, like you said he raised thousands for charity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.