Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
or we sell them bernardo for a high fee and we buy frenkie for a lower one?
I don't think Frenkie is interested in coming to City. I think he goes to Chelsea.

Barca need both a big fee and someone to pay the deferred wages. City wouldn't entertain that.

I don't think Frenkie is interested in coming to City. I think he goes to Chelsea.

Barca need both a big fee and someone to pay the deferred wages. City wouldn't entertain that.
I don't know about frenkie but we aren't interested in him either. Absolutely zero reports on club wanting anything to do with frenkie

I understand Bernardo never warmed up to Manchester and he wants to stay close to his family but his insistence on Barcelona baffles me.

I just read that Athletic article about how they may threaten to sue De Jong because of the extension he signed with the previous president.

What a scum of a club and does Bernardo really does not like England this much to join that Clown of a club. Munich Madrid Milan heck Even PSG would make sense right now, but insistence on dedicated your prime into that shithole of a club right now is pretty weird.

I understand Bernardo never warmed up to Manchester and he wants to stay close to his family but his insistence on Barcelona baffles me.

I just read that Athletic article about how they may threaten to sue De Jong because of the extension he signed with the previous president.

What a scum of a club and does Bernardo really does not like England this much to join that Clown of a club. Munich Madrid Milan heck Even PSG would make sense right now, but insistence on dedicated your prime into that shithole of a club right now is pretty weird.
Exactly my point. Tbf , it's absolutely personal, but if Bernardo joins Barca this window, my respect for him falls a bit. Absolute scums. I think we shouldn't have a friendly with them either

My concern would be the window is still open for weeks. If Barca shift De Jong and have the money they will come for Bernardo and if they put 100m on the table, that is going to be very difficult to turn down. He will go into the summer with a couple years left and Barca or someone else will try and lowball us next year.

I also imagine we will be chasing Bellingham with Gundo leaving so having that money in right now and sat in our pockets is an immediate advantage. The impact of course of losing Bernardo could be huge but we do have Phillips, Grealish and Gundogan for a central role.
I feel like we will prioritise this season and the team over Bernardo’s wishes/finances next year.

Whilst I agree we already have players who can cover, our squad is thin enough as it is without losing a key player part way into the season. Personally I expect 1 more year, then Grealish can drop into Bernardo’s position and we can sign a winger as a replacement in the squad.

My concern would be the window is still open for weeks. If Barca shift De Jong and have the money they will come for Bernardo and if they put 100m on the table, that is going to be very difficult to turn down. He will go into the summer with a couple years left and Barca or someone else will try and lowball us next year.

I also imagine we will be chasing Bellingham with Gundo leaving so having that money in right now and sat in our pockets is an immediate advantage. The impact of course of losing Bernardo could be huge but we do have Phillips, Grealish and Gundogan for a central role.

Why would it be difficult to turn down?

If he is sellable for 100m now, he will be the same in 6 months or a year. from 3 years to 2 years on his contract isnt that big a drop.

That is exactly what Barcelona did with Coutinho. Left it too late, then signed him in January.

Whether the club Would do that, different story, but totally logical they wouldn't sell him this late in the window, even if a decent offer did come in.

In his press conference, Pep made a point of saying, he is just one person. And while he is happy to let any player go if they want to leave, there has to be an offer, and then Txiki and co them decide what to do. He has left plenty of room there.

and get an inferior player?

You seem very keen on getting FDJ....he is nowhere near as good as Bernardo...so why are you so keen on this?

If we look at FDJ as a replacement for Gundogan then fair enough (though hopefully we look at Bellingham for that role)

100 million? We will not get anywhere near that if we do sell him. Be closer to Cucurella money even though I think he is worth much more.

And that indeed is their problem. They want the 80m or whatever for him, and none of that coming out to pay his owed wages, nor them paying his deferred wages out if existing funds. So the buying club is effectively paying them 100m for him.

As said elsewhere, I don't think itnis acase of him not being interested in joining City, but rather the other way round.

If they manage to sell de Jong that money is mostly used for registering their new signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.