Best and Worst day/experience of being City.

Best: Gillingham at Wembley '99, well the last 10 minutes, ET and pens anyway

Worst: Liverpool at Maine Road when we were relegated from the Premiership. I remember sitting in the corner of the Umbro stand when Steve Lomas was told to go there and waste time. I had a radio and knew we were not safe. Them 30 seconds screaming at Lomas 'we need need another!' summed us up at that era really

blackburn away promotion

liverpool home relegated..

had many more ups and downs,, as we all know.. but these two stick in my head mostly... fun times,, no kids to worry about, or mortgages, just beer and city.. oh how i long for those days again.. without relegation!!

good topic buzzer 1

BOMBER7967 said:
i8therags said:
worst-that own goal in 77 that cost us the league against liverpool.

best- same season 77,Dave Watsons goal against Ipswich that kept our winning the league alive.Its one of those goals that gets better in my mind every year.I;ve now got to the point where he was giving autographs in platt lane just before he did his 10 second sprint the length of the pitch during a corner and meeting the ball with such speed the ball looked like a banana throughout its flight LOL.And no one can tell me different, \o/

LOVE THIS! Big own goal headed past Big Joe, we had the dippers on the ropes that season and I really thought we would win the league that year (we also lost 3-1 to the rags home and away), and Watsons header was just as you describe, I was only 10 at the time and it is still so vivid a memory (only run close by Mick Macarthys header against the rags in the eighties - jimmy greaves quote from the commentary when it went in "roll on christmas lets av some nuts mate" whatever that means!)

I was about the same age and used to sit in the North Stand behind the goal, big Dave's header still sticks with me now too, an absolute classic example of a bullet header. Anyone with a link to it online?? would love to see it again. Thanks for the memory

Of course from a none game point of view MVF )-;
Luton was my first experience of devastation and my first experiece of joy was dennis' overhead, i was allowed to go on my own with the junior blues on the coach at 13 and i had Helen for company!! But to be honest i have had so many of each, my brother would agree the time Johnny Macken headed the 4th and in my joy gave him a black eye as i went flying off my seat, oh being a blue lol

what made me proud to be a blue was, strangely, during a defeat by chelsea. Zola had a blinder ,and as he was being subbed with 5 mins to go ,he got a standing ovation,from all over the ground,never saw that happen,
before or since
worst was when a ten year old stood next to me got hit by something thrown by a rag into the kippax Cut his face to the bone from eye to chin,crying for his mam,blood all over us both,plod doghandler turned his back and left us to it.Nearly gave up on football right there,
the post about cresting the back of the kippax and the noise hitting you was absolutely magic,especially if the team was coming out of the tunnel at the same time.

Being a City fan, there are simply far too many of both to choose from.

Worst: Luton- relegated, hated Pleat for the dance on the turf and his commentary now on games makes me mad
Worst: West Ham (H) FA Cup Qtr Final- Really thought we would win this and get to a semi final and long last
Worst: hearing about Foe (RIP)

Best: All the Promotion Games, Blackburn, Charlton, Gillingham
Best: The season we won Division 1 to go up under keegan. What a team and what a season, summed up by danburge82 about the 6-2 win at Wednesday, when bernabia made his debut (i think, or 2nd game anyhow but 1st i saw him as game was live). Still watch the season DVD, fantasy football at times, commentator about Bernabia "he is too good, they are too good" when we scored again.
Best: Adug :)

Best: Beating Stoke 2-1 at Maine Road in old Div 2 on Boxing Day - 1-0 down at half-time then Dickov and Taylor (Christ remember him?) scored. I truly believe that was the day the worm turned - lost and there would have been no Wembley and Gillingham. Also beating Blackburn 3-2 away in the Horton days. For fan experience Hamburg away -cracking day.

Worst: coming back from the States to watch my first game in old Div 2 and seeing us lose 1-0 to Wycombe without having a shot (against a team where their winger I had played against in Sunday League!!!)

Witney Blue said:
Best: Beating Stoke 2-1 at Maine Road in old Div 2 on Boxing Day - 1-0 down at half-time then Dickov and Taylor (Christ remember him?) scored. I truly believe that was the day the worm turned - lost and there would have been no Wembley and Gillingham. Also beating Blackburn 3-2 away in the Horton days. For fan experience Hamburg away -cracking day.

Worst: coming back from the States to watch my first game in old Div 2 and seeing us lose 1-0 to Wycombe without having a shot (against a team where their winger I had played against in Sunday League!!!)

OH DEAR.

Very off topic, but i havent been here long enough to start new topics. is there a way i can change my username???????????? already looked in user control panel but cant find anythin.

ifiwasarichfan said:
The Worst

Ibrox, Bradford, Heysal and Hillsborough.

No matter how many dark days we have all shared together in the past as City fans we were always left with hope. All hopes dissapeared on those days.

Good call, I still remember just how badly I felt when hearing the news at Hillsborough. My best mate's partner was in that end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.