Best and worst Pundits of 2014

I really dislike Neville when he's talking about defence because it's like listening to Ron Atkinson or some other such dinosaur.

My problem with Neville is that he is obsessed with the idea of one-on-one defending, his whole mindset is all about having one person to one other person and a simple system of responsibility. Nowhere did this become more apparent than when he was talking about zonal marking with Carragher. Zonal marking is a system that is completely foreign to Neville because he cannot get his head around any defensive system that doesn't have that simple idea of "that's your man", and it has reared its head on many occasions as a player and as a pundit. England's disastrous switch to 3 at the back where Neville almost caused a mutiny is a good example.

It goes a bit deeper than that though and speaks to what one of the problems is with the English game.

The problem is that defence is about a group decision rather than an individual decision. Neville looks at a right back and says "he didn't stop that cross" looks at a centre back and says "he didn't win that header" so he now has his Monday Night Football thing to show. Instead he should be thinking about why the cross developed, about how the defensive line was too deep or too wide. He's a very small picture person when it comes to defence rather than a big picture person which might make him entertaining but also makes him incredibly narrow at times

Well, so far, Ratface is far and away the choice of the more discerning Mooner, and is 5 lengths in front, the walking coma that is Michael Owen is following, with Phil Thompson coming up strongly on the rails.
Can Dwight Yorke rally, or will Robbie Savage hamper him on the turn?
Best and worst pundit trophy may be decided by a photo-finish.

Gary Neville is easily the best with honourable mentions to Hartson and Alan Smith.

Savage knows the square root of fuck all as does Ferdinand. At least Ferdinand doesn't work as a pundit any more. I have no idea how that Welsh **** has managed to secure a regular spot on the BBC. Maybe he gave Lineker a blowjob before he left that turd in the ref's bog- who knows?

Finally, for a death by boredom Owen and Dixon will take some beating.

djimaldblue said:
Gary Neville is easily the best with honourable mentions to Hartson and Alan Smith.

Savage knows the square root of fuck all as does Ferdinand. At least Ferdinand doesn't work as a pundit any more. I have no idea how that Welsh **** has managed to secure a regular spot on the BBC. Maybe he gave Lineker a blowjob before he left that turd in the ref's bog- who knows?

Finally, for a death by boredom Owen and Dixon will take some beating.

Have to agree with Savage I'm surprised more haven't said it. There are several pundits that do and did piss me off (Hansen was the worst ever for annoying me) but Savage knows sod all. I've lost count of how many times Lineker has asked him a question on MOTD and he's just shrugged his shoulders and laughed, I'm sure Lineker has set him up a few times to look like a berk but BBC haven't cottoned onto what Lineker is doing.

I think some of these sports shows like the thick twats like Ian Wright and Savage because they seem like a laugh and pull in more viewers. It won't be long before they have Bullard in!

Also, Savage is a lucky bastard the PC brigade wasn't out when he was at Birmingham, I remember him calling Dion Dublin a `f-cking monkey` in the midlands derby

G. Neville is far and away the best pundit out there, to the point I even "enjoy" listening to what he has to say.

(Wonder if he is aware he has almost become a cult hero amongst Blues!!)

I like listening to Souness too.

Worst - amongst many, Owen and Jamie Redknapp are head and shoulders above everyone else at being bad.

There is a saying which goes "a wise man speaks because he has something to say, but a fool speaks because they have to say something"

Owen and Redknapp are fools

Best - Clarence Seedorf at the world cup. As classy off the pitch as he was on it.

Worst - Jamie fucking Redknapp. Thick as shit. Never has anything remotely insightful to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.