Biggest shithole in manchester?

Good on you mate.
I worked for Direct works in 80's i only remember Hulme and moss side being "multi man" where you couldn't go alone.
I'm a North Manc and just always felt safer once i got north of Piccadilly
I suppose it's what your familiar with.
I have lived in Harpurhey though and it was ok tho that was about 12yrs ago.
I know it's not strictly M/cr but Ordsall and Seedley in Salford were very dodgy back in 80's
My Dad used to work for Direct Works in the 80's as well, always working in places like Withington, Wythenshawe, Moss Side, Partington, Gorton etc and he always used to say most of the people were lovely.
Dads 82 now but still going strong despite the dementia, you might know him Ronnie H from Middleton.
Back on topic, I think there's plenty of challengers for BSIM.

In the late 80's I went to look at the HVAC system a new sort of primary school in Hulme ....I think it was (a massive council estate). It was fucking horrible. I assume it's still the same.
The outdoor condensing unit was behind a fence with prison type bars and barbed wire at the top. There was all these kids arriving with what looked like mothers aged 15 or 16 , It was pissing down as well. Very depressing.

Some places you see on the way in to Piccadilly station from the train are embarrassing. I don't know how people can live like rats. People's driveways look like a tip with rubbish, old kitchen appliances laying to rot. It as if they have no awareness as to how shit their houses look.

Some places you see on the way in to Piccadilly station from the train are embarrassing. I don't know how people can live like rats. People's driveways look like a tip with rubbish, old kitchen appliances laying to rot. It as if they have no awareness as to how shit their houses look.
This, you can look back via photos in the 50/60’s and see how much community there was, and also see people taking pride in cleaning their house and front steps etc

There is a serial tagger in east Manchester called BOF, it’s horrendous, every wall or business has been tagged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.