blackburn sells, west ham doesn't

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
alib said:
club should have charged £10 and £5 and the ground would be full?

Why should they? City aren't a fucking charity case with all due respect.

I'm going West Ham next Wednesday and not going Blackburn tomorrow simply because of work.
No issue with people not attending the home semi final leg or any home cup tie in that case because of cost,work,family life etc.The only issue I have is when we get to Wembley and the moaners complain about not getting a ticket or the likes of my son who only has 2600 points getting a cup final ticket at the same time as me (yes he is going on Wednesday).

well Arsenal charged £10 for a League Cup Quarter Final against us 2 years ago and they are probably the most greedy club in the land - result was a full house and a great atmosphere!

Prestwich_Blue said:
It's shocking. I don't want to sit there and see empty seats on the TV.
Happens every time the rag bastards are losing at home though.

Even taking into account Xmas, it's still quite surprising how few we've sold for West Ham. I only remembered to get mine the other day and was shocked at how open the availability was.

Winning the league cup doesn't constitute a good season anymore and that is why the demand is low. I'm not bothering on Wednesday and I wouldn't have missed this for the world a few years ago. Shows how far we have come really.
The issue we have is that we do not have the depth of fanbase to cover when regular attenders like myself choose not to go.

alib said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
alib said:
club should have charged £10 and £5 and the ground would be full?

Why should they? City aren't a fucking charity case with all due respect.

I'm going West Ham next Wednesday and not going Blackburn tomorrow simply because of work.
No issue with people not attending the home semi final leg or any home cup tie in that case because of cost,work,family life etc.The only issue I have is when we get to Wembley and the moaners complain about not getting a ticket or the likes of my son who only has 2600 points getting a cup final ticket at the same time as me (yes he is going on Wednesday).

well Arsenal charged £10 for a League Cup Quarter Final against us 2 years ago and they are probably the most greedy club in the land - result was a full house and a great atmosphere!

Not stopped them hiking the price tomorrow against Spurs though has it??
Cheapest seat £62 ....
Arsenal charged us a tenner because they knew a lot wouldn't travel otherwise.
It doesn't matter anyway.I can't wait for the league cup final thread and all the "cant be arsed" crew start moaning. As I said,if you cant afford through cost,family,work etc then no issue but people who just can't be bothered because it's the league cup!!! WTF is that all about.

Georgian Maestro said:
Winning the league cup doesn't constitute a good season anymore and that is why the demand is low. I'm not bothering on Wednesday and I wouldn't have missed this for the world a few years ago. Shows how far we have come really.
The issue we have is that we do not have the depth of fanbase to cover when regular attenders like myself choose not to go.
If this is the case then why are we expanding the stadium?? Fan base is there just think everybody is skint after Xmas and what spare cash fans may have will go on watching Barcelona at home

I remember being surprised we only got about 45,000 for the semi in 1976. Fact is this cup has never been that attractive to anyone, even less now. That said if I still lived within range wild horses wouldn't keep me from it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.