blackburn sells, west ham doesn't

A lot of people have either just returned to work after the Christmas break or start back on Monday, to go in and try and book a day or two off or half day if you live and work close to Manchester may not be possible.
Most people have either taken pay cuts or pay freezes in the last couple of years while the cost of living has increased a lot. add to this it being just after christmas and many people will decide that they would prefer to eat for the rest of the month than enjoy a game of football.
Blackburn has always been a great away day and is on a Saturday when a lot of people are off work, meaning no need to lose wages or take time off work.
The FA Cup has always been a more prestigious competition than the league cup.
If the financial position for many was the same now as it was 4 or 5 years ago, we would have sold out for both games, people do NOT have as much to spend now and have to pick and choose.

wilky2868 said:
Georgian Maestro said:
Winning the league cup doesn't constitute a good season anymore and that is why the demand is low. I'm not bothering on Wednesday and I wouldn't have missed this for the world a few years ago. Shows how far we have come really.
The issue we have is that we do not have the depth of fanbase to cover when regular attenders like myself choose not to go.
If this is the case then why are we expanding the stadium?? Fan base is there just think everybody is skint after Xmas and what spare cash fans may have will go on watching Barcelona at home
The fanbase isn't there,that's the problem.

Personally I would rather save my money and hope we make it to the final and go to that game instead.

It's confusing, I'm even surprised more neutrals don't go and watch it, like bury, Oldham, Rochdale etc... It's only £15. But in all honesty, I'd prefer the stadium to be full of 35,000 fans that have been going for all the years who are up for it and create and atmosphere, opposed to some glory hunters who can't be bothered going unless there is something in it for them. If you're short on money why not sell your ticket to the Cardiff game at home? That'll pay for your entire day!

Loukas said:
It's confusing, I'm even surprised more neutrals don't go and watch it, like bury, Oldham, Rochdale etc... It's only £15. But in all honesty, I'd prefer the stadium to be full of 35,000 fans that have been going for all the years who are up for it and create and atmosphere, opposed to some glory hunters who can't be bothered going unless there is something in it for them. If you're short on money why not sell your ticket to the Cardiff game at home? That'll pay for your entire day!

Maybe they'd prefer to watch a Premier League game on the weekend than a midweek League cup one?

Puppet Master Silva said:
Loukas said:

Maybe they'd prefer to watch a Premier League game on the weekend than a midweek League cup one?

A middle of the season game against a team that means nothing to us. Or a game in the semi final of a cup we haven't won in over 30 years?

I know which one I'd prefer.

Loukas said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Loukas said:

A middle of the season game against a team that means nothing to us. Or a game in the semi final of a cup we haven't won in over 30 years?

I know which one I'd prefer.

Good for you, unfortunately people are entitled to their own opinion, regardless of whatever spin you put on it.

Loukas said:
bobmcfc said:
Which game is £15 ? Blackburn ? The West ham game is £30 on L2

Well don't sit on Level 2 if you can't afford it then.

Still £25 on level one. Next you be suggesting I be in the 18/21 bracket and it's my own fault for being older

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.