blackburn sells, west ham doesn't

de niro said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
de niro said:
Ever thought that it's not all about us the fans but maybe the players would like s crowd behind them.

I don't know what you mean by this?

as a fan base we need to get behind the lads, whatever game they play.

I'm at both but did think about West Ham. If the players want my attendance to be about them, maybe they could spring for my Barca ticket for me.

law74 said:
No they shouldn't, just shouldn't whinge when they don't have the loyalty points to go to Champions league games away or other big games.

While membership of cup schemes is now worth probably what a full season of away games used to be, and people can buy double points for £50 I think people are still entitled to moan a bit.

Loyalty points used to represent loyalty.

de niro said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
de niro said:
Ever thought that it's not all about us the fans but maybe the players would like s crowd behind them.

I don't know what you mean by this?

as a fan base we need to get behind the lads, whatever game they play.

People aren't intentionally missing games, 35k can make more noise than was made at Palace so if you feel like this belt some songs out for the lads on Wednesday.

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
It's embarrassing to think we can't sell out a semi final at home.
There`ll be around 40,000 there , why would you think that's embarrassing ?

I know there were horrific queues outside for Wigan in the League Cup earlier this season. Apparently online sales were withdraw which forced last minute attendees to get one in person. Also, Wigan fans turned up ticketless.

ballinio said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:

It doesn't really look good if you have loads of empty seats for a semi, but I recall not so long ago, trafford rovers played Palace in a Carling Cup 1/4 final and that was attended by only 52, 624. I'm sure there were around 9,000 Palace fans there and god knows how many tourists they had, but that's a whopping 23,000 empty seats. Sunderland are another well supported club and their 1/4 final against Chelsea only drew in a crowd of around 20,000. All I'm saying is, there's nowt to be embarrassed about.

peoffrey said:
I know there were horrific queues outside for Wigan in the League Cup earlier this season. Apparently online sales were withdraw which forced last minute attendees to get one in person. Also, Wigan fans turned up ticketless.

I had a seat in row z block 104 for the Wigan game the first 40 min was ruined by people coming in late it must of been frustrating to be queuing for a ticket while the game was going on there must be a better way of dealing with walk-ups on the night, next week I am of to London with the wife we have two Oyster cards one of them is running short of credit but it will take less than a min to top it up at Paddington tube station surely City could have 6 to 10 hole in the wall ticket machines outside the ground were members could buy last min tickets. Next week loads of fans are going to decide on Tuesday depending on the weather as to attending or not, predict it could be as many as 5000 turning up to get a ticket on the night.

akcity said:
ballinio said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:

Really?

I think 30-35k is more realistic at the very most.
you may be right , thing is it wouldn't bother me if there was only 10,000 there & certainly wouldn't be embarrassed. why are people hung up about attendances ? baffles me.

dawlish dave said:
peoffrey said:

I had a seat in row z block 104 for the Wigan game the first 40 min was ruined by people coming in late it must of been frustrating to be queuing for a ticket while the game was going on there must be a better way of dealing with walk-ups on the night, next week I am of to London with the wife we have two Oyster cards one of them is running short of credit but it will take less than a min to top it up at Paddington tube station surely City could have 6 to 10 hole in the wall ticket machines outside the ground were members could buy last min tickets. Next week loads of fans are going to decide on Tuesday depending on the weather as to attending or not, predict it could be as many as 5000 turning up to get a ticket on the night.

How often would those ticket machines need to be used and would they be cost effective? I think there was an error of judgement on the part of City because those queues have been unheard of since a similar tie at Maine Road years back. I forget who we were playing but there was a huge cock up with tickets and it was a good 20 minutes before we got in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.