Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

Mattyc55 said:
Citizen of Ottawa said:
Mattyc55 said:
Replay is the last thing we needed. Sounds outrageous but I'm not fussed about the FA Cup at all, this just adds ANOTHER fixture where Fernandinho will probably play. We desperately need a new midfielder.

Why are you singling out Fernandinho? As many have pointed out he's the new Gareth Barry, he gets the shit work done..

I was singling him out because I don't want him burning out and playing yet another game. We need some cover for him, because if he gets injured we're literally fucked.

I read it in a different context, my bad, you're definitely right. He's a machine, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind a rest every once in a while.

Pezzer2 said:
Time to keep away from this thread. So many spoilt fans who just think of the negatives. We are still in the hat despite playing poorly, a couple of years ago we would have lost that. Yes we do have a few average players in our squad but they do a steady job when they come in and are vital so we can can rest some key players. Over time I'm sure we will identify where we need to improve and we will evolve again and become stronger in the summer.

And the positives we can take from this game today ?? Apart from getting another chance !!

£10 day for the replay? If City do the £20-£30 tickets, there will be a lot of unhappy people.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
West Ham home-8th
Newcastle away-12th
Blackburn home-15th
Cardiff Home-18th
West ham away-21st
FA Cup 4th rnd-24th
Spurs away-29th
Chelsea home-Mon 3rd March

Need to utilise the squad but I fear our second string just arent good enough

Heya matey, possibly but the only way they will "gel" as a complete squad is by playing these players in games like this.
That is no disrespect to Blackburn whatsoever.

Re: dont judge players on today

Poor tactics and lazy team selection, manager clearly thinks these second string players are a shoe in for first teamers when we all know that isn't the case.

Two man midfield again over run.....will this manager ever learn?

Quite obvious we should have played a full strength side and then subbed in lesser players.

Boyata turned inside out all afternoon, warned by ref, concedes a yellow card, still no change, turned inside out a few more times, still no change, second yellow card, down to ten.......put zabba on for last 5 mins....fucking genius.

Another MP brain fart like at palace home game.

We live to fight another day but he really really needs to start getting this right.

Them throwin was doin my head in. Shouldn't b allowed a towel to clean ball and every throw in taking over 30 sec everytime

I judge our players on each game, and this game was very poor

FredTilson said:
I am getting frustrated with Micah's injury situation. We needed a quality, attacking RB today.

I can fully understand that mate yeah.
Rodwell seems a smashing lad but if his body is just not tough enough then it is not tough enough.
We need to look at his situ hard at the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.