Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

Very disappointing performance, shades of what we seen under Mancini vs "lesser" opposition.

Nobody played particularly well bar Fernandinho and maybe Dzeko/Silva/Negredo in moments.

Garcia has again been shown to be hopeless in our midfield, he can neither defend or recycle the ball and is a complete liability, he slows down every attack with his sideways passing, gets jogged past as he is so slow and got caught in possession far too often. He was absolutely dreadful... Obviously midfield is a position we need to strengthen in as after Yaya and Ferd our quality drops of a cliff, I would prefer to see Huws play then Garcia.

Again we also seen the problem with defensively minded full backs playing in a 442 formation, neither Clichy or Boyata can play this formation as they're just not capable of attacking effectively. In Boyata's case he is a CB playing at RB so cant be too harsh but Clichy, although decent at defending is very poor going forward. It is infuriating to watch him turn back inside almost every opportunity rather than take on the player and try put in a cross. When you have Dzeko and Negredo up front you need to put the ball in the box.

That is my next point, Dzeko and Negredo do not play well together. We created fuck all most of the match and beside Negredo making his own chances neither player did much, Dzeko played some nice balls but really he barely had a chance all game which is just not good enough. We needed an Aguero or Jovetic to partner one of them, even Nasri/Silva could have done the job I am sure.

Also a note on Nastasic who is not playing great this season, I know he is just back from Injury but the calm and collected player we seen last season is making rash tackles and getting caught out too often lately. He is young and still will be a great player for us but he needs to show last years form to keep his position in the squad. Lescott played decently and did what he had to, didn't make any obvious mistakes.

I am confident we will get the job done at home but its a game we shouldn't have needed to play. It is very worrying how poor our team plays when a few of the first choice are rested, these players should have been more than capable of beating this Blackburn side.

2 in midfield away from home leaves City vulnerable. Never any danger of it biting us today but I think we may get punished for it as the season goes on.

citytill1die84 said:
OB1 said:
citytill1die84 said:
If this isn't a CLARKIE then your a ××××. Dzeko & Milner 2 of the best today.

It's your're. As in you're not very bright, are you.

Wooooooooooooo that all you can come back with you ×××××?

Should be a question mark on the end of a question you bright ass mother ××××××.

It wan't a question.

Some of youse are getting so "Raggy". You cannot be at your best every game. Would youse have rather lost??? The other team gets paid as well. Yeah, it sucks we didnt win but we are in the hat for round 4.

Anybody remember we were 8 minutes away form getting knocked out the year we WON the Cup??? Guess not then.....

Nobody played well today, Fernandinho was below average and although Milner worked very hard nothing was coming off.

Pellegrini to blame for today imo - Boyata & Clichy is a terrible full back combination as we saw at Palace (which I called then as well). Can't risk Zaba ofc, but Kolarov 100% should have started.

If Boyata is not good enough for Bolton how can he be good enough for us, don't want to make him a scapegoat as I like the kid but he isn't good enough.

Garcia likewise is not good enough for where we are wanting to be.

Pellegrini needs a dip into the transfer window if we are to compete on all four fronts as we looked tired.

Zabaleta or/and Kolorov should have come around 60 minute, game was crying out for at least one of them, Need Aguero or Jovetic back to partner One of the Strikers

Re: dont judge players on today

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Poor tactics and lazy team selection, manager clearly thinks these second string players are a shoe in for first teamers when we all know that isn't the case.

Two man midfield again over run.....will this manager ever learn?

Quite obvious we should have played a full strength side and then subbed in lesser players.

Boyata turned inside out all afternoon, warned by ref, concedes a yellow card, still no change, turned inside out a few more times, still no change, second yellow card, down to ten.......put zabba on for last 5 mins....fucking genius.

Another MP brain fart like at palace home game.

We live to fight another day but he really really needs to start getting this right.

TBH I thought the team selection was ok. Zabba should have come on at 60 mins to replace the risk that Boyata was and to give pace and width on the right (thus dragging Blackburn back). Yaya added nothing. Withdrawal of Negredo said to be a mistake (intention was to bring Dzeko off - said TV).

I thought most of the players showed a lack of tempo and intensity today. Another expression of MP's view that you have a plan for the game and stick with it ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.