Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

I love Pellegrini but his team selection was crap today, to be honest.

Lot of us including me already posted before the match that to start without Kolarov and Zabaleta, while Micah is injured is a stupid decision. And then he goes on with Edin and Negredo both upfront, but none of our fullbacks can feed them with crosses. Add to that we had Navas on the bench, I don't want to see a starting eleven like this anymore, it really kills our offensive play.

That's why I wrote on the pre match thread that I would risk Zabaleta today and have played Boyata against West Ham with Kolarov on the left. And I wasn't even expecting that he would start both of our strikers.

Why didn't Lopes start? We couldn't do much worse with him instead of one of our strikers, especially with the shit fullback selection he had.

That being said, I consider the draw as a good result and maybe if some of our injured players recover until the second leg, that can even help Rodwell/Richards/Jovetic to give them confidence. Although, he should really play at least Lopes in the League Cup or in the second leg, we must rest some of our key players in the long run.

Boyata aside the first two players we need to replace is Richards and Clichy. Whilst they are both very good players the full back position is arguably the most important in modern day football. 3 seasons ago people were arguing who was the better player out of Zab and Richards and at the time it was 50/50 but since then Zab has outperformed Micah in everyway possible. I know Richards has had a lot of injury problems but its getting to the stage where he is becoming a hindrance to the team. It's a shame because he has been around in an era when City's RB and England's RB spot has been there for the taking but sadly he has never managed to hold down his spot. Him never being fit is putting an loads of added pressure on Zab which again is not good for the team. We need a reliable RB and Micah is not one of them.

Clichy on the other hand is the one of the most annoying players I have ever seen. I have never in my life seen a full back as bad as him going forward. Friggin Tony Hibbert is better offensively than Clichy. He is just far too predictable every time he gets into a good position he cuts back and plays a simple pass. Also time after time we spread play from the right to the left and he has acres of space to attack and he just doesn't. Surely someone must tell him to cross the ball, he doesn't have to have pin point accuracy like Silva or the power of Kolarov, he just needs to gamble and he never does. I don't understand how Clichy is so bad because you look at his style and he's a pacy full back who should be getting forward wherever possible.

irishben said:
Zabaleta or/and Kolorov should have come around 60 minute, game was crying out for at least one of them, Need Aguero or Jovetic back to partner One of the Strikers

Zabaleta in the end had to come on but with Richards out we have to be very careful with playing him, Clichy on the other hand is starting to become a weak link in my opinion, he is pretty decent defensively albeit he has had some dodgy moments this season, but Kolarov for me is starting to become our first choice left back.

For the system Pellegrini plays he just fits team better.

Well that was dire, still we are still in it, yes as what a lot of people have been saying its certainly been a bad performance from a lot of the team today, we just couldn't click and get going, credit to Blackburn they had their final and gave it all, but I know in seasons gone bye we would have keeled over, but we showed some bottle in that last 10mins, especially when Boyota was sent off, and just dug in and got the draw, yes it means another mid week game but we just have to get it done....................

Well, if as some are suggesting the replay will be played in 10 days, i guess that means the game in Abu Dhabi is out of the question?

Maybe this draw turns out not to be so negative thing after all - i guess it's better to play vs Blackburn at home on 15th than travel to Abu Dhabi on 14th?

Can anyone confirm that the replay is on 15th?

These threads are nothing short of crazy at times. We're in the middle of one of the greatest undefeated stretches in this club's history and we've all this girly whingeing. Undoubtedly we have some of the most pathetic fans on the planet. Stop wetting your knickers over a few below par individual performances and see the bigger picture. For once. Please.

We didn't lose.

How about some posters start from that point when venting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.