Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

BurningHart said:
Not too surprised by our lacklustre performance today. Watching javi garcia, boyata and gael clichy pass the ball to each other was probably the worst part though. You just know you can walk out, get some coffee, come back and still nothing would happen.

Still, a run out for our second string but sadly,nothing clicked.

It wasn't a complete second string though. Silva, Fern, Negredo, Nasty. Clichy and Lescott were first choice when we won title. Dzeko and Milner are not Championship players. Those players are capable of better individual and collective performances.

They can also have off days when playing so many games in short space of time. I said it would be a tight game but I thought we would win.

Away in the cup and didn't lose; could be worse.

OB1 said:
BurningHart said:
Not too surprised by our lacklustre performance today. Watching javi garcia, boyata and gael clichy pass the ball to each other was probably the worst part though. You just know you can walk out, get some coffee, come back and still nothing would happen.

It wasn't a complete second string though. Silva, Fern, Negredo, Nasty. Clichy and Lescott were first choice when we won title. Dzeko and Milner are not Championship players. Those players are capable of better individual and collective performances.

They can also have off days when playing so many games in short space of time. I said it would be a tight game but I thought we would win.

It could be worse. We drew at Notts County and went on to win the Cup. And we can do it again.

Milner tried hard and was a constant outlet. It just wasn't his day. I think pellegrini should have made changes earlier.

The good thing about the draw is that we dont have to play in that exhibition game in Qatar.
Thought Robinson got a great reception at HT apparently he was very seriously ill last year.
Nastasic & Lescott's distribution was awful.
Very muted atmosphere from our lot today.

DTKOAG said:
The good thing about the draw is that we dont have to play in that exhibition game in Qatar.
Thought Robinson got a great reception at HT apparently he was very seriously ill last year.
Nastasic & Lescott's distribution was awful.
Very muted atmosphere from our lot today.

Define awful? Nasty had best pass completion in our team and Lescott was not far behind at 91%. The best average in EPL is just over 92%, from memory.

Oh well, we're still in it at least, And that's only the 2nd match out of 30 in all competitions where we were genuinely poor, the other being BM at home.
Ask a rag how many games they've played well this season.

Marvin said:
OB1 said:
BurningHart said:

It could be worse. We drew at Notts County and went on to win the Cup. And we can do it again.

Milner tried hard and was a constant outlet. It just wasn't his day. I think pellegrini should have made changes earlier.

Trying hard is not enough in a City shirt. I like Jimmy but his quality varies too much.

the only positive from the game is boyata got sent off, he can't harm us for a while.

sooner or later the English football light will go on in pelli's head.

rotate at your peril.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.