Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

The squad needs strengthening in January if we are to progress and ultimately be succesful in four competitions.We need cover at right back and in midfield.Forget Rodwell and Richards,these two are injury prone and will never be able to be relied upon.They take up two squad places and have hardly any input on games due to never being fit.

We also need a world class centre half to play alongside company leaving Nastasic as cover for both.If we get these additions and keep Ageuro fit and get Jovetic on the field we will take some stopping.

Apologies if this has been addressed -- someone just mentioned on another forum that Pelle actually wanted to replace Dzeko but Negredo's number went up and he had to sub him out for Navas. This can't be right, can it? Anyone there see or hear this? I thought AN had a knock anyway just before he was removed.

Ducado said:
People do realize we will batter them in the replay

I'm with you on this think we will know exactly how to play them!! Thought boyata looked nervous and hesitant every time he got the ball should have been taken off before he got marching orders!

Terrible performance but at least were still in the cup. Credit Blackburn they deserved to win. They wanted if more and their players outmuscled us. I Knew Yaya would be ineffective he's never up for these types of games. Now we have another fixture on an busy schedule. No rest break, they have only themselves to blame.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
The good news is people can finally shut the fuck up about our "squad in depth". Outside the starting 11, it's mediocre.

It's a myth we have the deepest squad, the media and Mourniho play this tune all the time but most city fans know the real truth.

citymad said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
The good news is people can finally shut the fuck up about our "squad in depth". Outside the starting 11, it's mediocre.

It's a myth we have the best squad, the media and Mourniho play this tune all the time but most city fans know the real truth.

Our depth is ok in 2's and 3's...after that the team lose cohesion..

considering we rested 6 players and have aguero and jovetic injured , and its our 5th game in 15 days , perhaps the squad and manager should get the benefit of the doubt . Still in FOUR competitions , and unbeaten in 12 games , scoring 40 goals along the way . Just organising my trip to Barcelona in the champs league , i know its hard being a city supporter , but someones got to do it :)

gmckennasell said:
considering we rested 6 players and have aguero and jovetic injured , and its our 5th game in 15 days , perhaps the squad and manager should get the benefit of the doubt . Still in FOUR competitions , and unbeaten in 12 games , scoring 40 goals along the way . Just organising my trip to Barcelona in the champs league , i know its hard being a city supporter , but someones got to do it :)

Its shite being a City fan it really is..

citymad said:
Terrible performance but at least were still in the cup. Credit Blackburn they deserved to win. They wanted if more and their players outmuscled us. I Knew Yaya would be ineffective he's never up for these types of games. Now we have another fixture on an busy schedule. No rest break, they have only themselves to blame.

To be fair to Yaya he was on the bench for most of the game and came on when we were really struggling. It was nothing to do with him being up for the game, unfortunately just a poor team performance against a Rovers that probably put in a better performance than they see most weeks.

Nobody expecting us to be imperious every time but we do expect players to at least put a bit of effort into the game . The likes of dzonkey and milner really need to take a look at themselves .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.