Blue Alliance name dropped and what happens next

jrb said:
It's good to see Peter Fletcher finally coming onboard. I'm sure the BA have helped in that aspect. The BA are a good example of what can be achieved when the club listens to and works with the fans.

As genuine fans we're not here to make Peter Fletcher's and the stewards life hard on match days. All we won't to do it support the team in a vocal and constructive manner.

If anyone watched Watford V Palace on Friday night, the Palace/Holmesdale support was impressive for *90 minutes*.

[bigimg]http://i.holmesdale.net/photogallery/photos/625/18014.jpg[/bigimg]

n_mcfc said:
I think the club should consider making the entire South Stand a home end. Don't move the away fans to the third tier, though.

Look at Palace's recent 'ultra' group and they're located in a whole stand to themselves. They're brilliant as well by the way. Adopting European style chants and songs, flags etc. The flags at the Watford game helped but they're in a corner rather than an end. Sounds daft but I think it'd make a difference.

Re: new songs. It only takes someone to film it, stick it on YouTube and it go viral before it becomes popular eg. Balotelli's song. Again, Palace's fans have done a good job by filming at every away day and home day as much as they can.

I agree with you. Also, they should move the away fans on family stand top tier.

michaeltex3 said:
I agree with you. Also, they should move the away fans on family stand top tier.
That wont happen cos its City Square behind and they wont want all the security issues around there.
I think it will stay as it is simply because of the arrangements outside the ground but they may look again when there is a third tier behind the goal and they will then allocate a high up corner

This whole forum is hilarious!

Not so long ago, a group calling itself The Blue Alliance berated and bullied a group of kids trying to do exactly this (remember The Citizens at EDS games?). Now it's trying to be them!

What's next? A capo? A drum?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for improving the atmosphere at The Etihad - and this is (and was last year) a great idea.

Let's just hope the away fans don't start singing "You're just a shit Blue Alliance" eh?<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 am --<br /><br />
michaeltex3 said:
...Also, they should move the away fans on family stand top tier.

Won't happen because of the trouble it caused last time they were moved to East level 3 (like things being thrown over and spitting on the fans below etc.).

Raffles said:

Not so long ago, a group calling itself The Blue Alliance berated and bullied a group of kids trying to do exactly this (remember The Citizens at EDS games?). Now it's trying to be them!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for improving the atmosphere at The Etihad - and this is (and was last year) a great idea.

Let's just hope the away fans don't start singing "You're just a shit Blue Alliance" eh?

-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 am --

michaeltex3 said:

Won't happen because of the trouble it caused last time they were moved to East level 3 (like things being thrown over and spitting on the fans below etc.).

Didn't see this post from you Andy.

I was one of the Blues being called a Munich bastard and had verbal abuse directed at me along with physical threats from apparent Blue Alliance members.

As much as it would be easy for me to tie them all down with the same brush, I have been reassured from TBA organisers that many of the teenagers who were with TBA on that night in Hyde were somewhat "wet behind the ears" with many of them being new members.

I am in full favour of this new group, one which will incorporate many Blues from all walks of life, age, race, gender and so on.

As I've pointed out on many occasions, TBA seemed like just an excuse for a few young white middleclass males to have a drink and a singsong... And if your face didn't fit then whoppy doo.

Cliques form everywhere, I understand this.

Hopefully 1894 group will learn to understand that Football isn't just about them, and that there are many people out there who are willing to "be apart of it" but are told that they can't be because they don't dress the "correct" way or act like some extra from a crappy Danny Dyer flick.

If you are a Blue then get involved with The 1894 Group, the more City fans that get involved the less exclusive it becomes.

Why Always Ste said:
Raffles said:

Let's just hope the away fans don't start singing "You're just a shit Blue Alliance" eh?

-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 am --

michaeltex3 said:

Didn't see this post from you Andy.

I was one of the Blues being called a Munich bastard and had verbal abuse directed at me along with physical threats from apparent Blue Alliance members.

As much as it would be easy for me to tie them all down with the same brush, I have been reassured from TBA organisers that many of the teenagers who were with TBA on that night in Hyde were somewhat "wet behind the ears" with many of them being new members.

I am in full favour of this new group, one which will incorporate many Blues from all walks of life, age, race, gender and so on.

As I've pointed out on many occasions, TBA seemed like just an excuse for a few young white middleclass males to have a drink and a singsong... And if your face didn't fit then whoppy doo.

Cliques form everywhere, I understand this.

Hopefully 1894 group will learn to understand that Football isn't just about them, and that there are many people out there who are willing to "be apart of it" but are told that they can't be because they don't dress the "correct" way or act like some extra from a crappy Danny Dyer flick.

If you are a Blue then get involved with The 1894 Group, the more City fans that get involved the less exclusive it becomes.

i agree with your sentiments on the blue alliance. Hopefully this will work out though

greenie_34 said:
I'm not even going to dignify that one Raffles.

Then I won't dignify yours ;)

Anyway, if 1894 are to be the new City 'ultras' - then great! Can't wait....

....just as long as all 1894 members remember that 'ultras' does not mean 'casuals'!

Raffles said:
greenie_34 said:
I'm not even going to dignify that one Raffles.

Then I won't dignify yours ;)

Anyway, if 1894 are to be the new City 'ultras' - then great! Can't wait....

....just as long as all 1894 members remember that 'ultras' does not mean 'casuals'!

yeah I know, hopefully we have ultras. atmosphere has been really shocking this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.