Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 23 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Tailgating Music (pg 404)

Interesting concept.

Think this is maybe more of an away following thing, music for the road trip, pre game gathering in a different place etc. I will come back to that at some point, because I think those experiences might end up as interesting as the songs themselves.

In the meantime, this should be one where you 'just know', and can pick a song within 3 seconds without having to think about it.

Biffy Clyro - Victory over the sun

The album was released around the time our wobbles started that year, and I came to really associate the song Biblical with Mancini's final months with us.

'Baby if you could would you go back to the start?
Take any fresh steps or watch it all fall apart, again?
It could have been a wonderful year
Instead we might not make it to the end
Everybody cares, but nobody knows'

'Cause you gave me magical
I gave you wonderful
Let's make this biblical
And hang from our invisible cords'

Anyway, I in turn came to associate victory over the sun (the bridge melody in particular) with the 2014 season and some lovely football under Pellers.

Last edited:
I used to go and watch Stock Car racing as a kid at Odsal stadium in Bradford. This song was always played before each race and I had no idea what it was until years later. My old man loved it.
The full album version is a must.
Single is good but misses half the tune.

Edit:
I’ve just done the first full listen of what’s there now, and my god, I’d forgotten how good this tune is for getting the blood up.
Some decent tunes in there but I just love the heavy Carl Palmer beat in the extended version of Fanfare.
I’m ready for battle. Let me at ‘em.

Last edited:
Party Hard - Andrew W.K.

Me and my mates were all mid 30 when this came out. Didn stop us all bare shirted in the pub leaping around like loonies. Much amusement from the old boys at the bar.
Things don’t change much with time.
Now you can envisage the carnage of me and my mates in the cinema with David Byrne and the gang.

I’m on my second listen, on shuffle this time.
There’s a lot of decent stuff in here as you’d expect. The only concern regarding playing this is, I’ll have to choose my time.
There’s a lot of heavy stuff that can be monotonous after a while, but also harder to fit into mixed company.
I suppose the playlist is what it says it is and that’s to be expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.